2.     +18   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    :7043:

Allthemuffins I hope your symptoms go away asap. I can't imagine how scary the unknown is with long covid

back to Jen and her camping - I don't know if anyone said a rich person shouldn't camp? or maybe they did and I missed it idk. there is something off putting to me about the way she did it though. I'm not even sure why. maybe it's the spending thousands on a hobby she will surely drop

3.     +10   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group
    Making myself feel better by spewing negativity

Status
    Anonymous
    Kick her ass, Bertha! And Tensleigh!

Actually, I like this one better.

MDZQAX

4.     +3   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    Just a Tensleigh blue shovel with ALLLLLLLL the vitriol.

Status
    QUOTE (Meow2 @ 7/16/2021, 08:29 PM) 
    :7043:

Allthemuffins I hope your symptoms go away asap. I can't imagine how scary the unknown is with long covid

back to Jen and her camping - I don't know if anyone said a rich person shouldn't camp? or maybe they did and I missed it idk. there is something off putting to me about the way she did it though. I'm not even sure why. maybe it's the spending thousands on a hobby she will surely drop

This is what bothers me the most. Look at your personal history, Jen. It was out there for people to see for a solid decade. That's a lot of money to drop on something you struggled to convince us that you enjoyed. It was as plain as the nose on your face! Literally!!

5.     +17   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group
    Building my forever daughter-in-law collection

Status
    Anonymous
    980x

6.     +2   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Secretly Filming My Husband Without Him Catching Me

Status
    Anonymous
    Great title!!!!!

7. Wasn’tme
        +17   Like  

User deleted

I knew someone who took his sons camping and the idiot brushed his teeth with lake water. He ended up with a gut full of parasites. :sick:

8.     +10   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Wasn’tme @ 17/7/2021, 03:42) 
    I knew someone who took his sons camping and the idiot brushed his teeth with lake water. He ended up with a gut full of parasites. :sick:

Thanks for mentioning.

9.     +24   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group
    Building my forever daughter-in-law collection

Status
    Anonymous
    I feel like Jen World is a freaky parallel multiverse. She might be included in the Utah hootenanny, Don found TWO! women to marry him, and there are hundreds of people on Jen’s SM applauding her ridiculous overnight whatever that was.

10.     +3   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Shopping for a Tensleigh Blue Dress to Wear to the Party!

Status
    Anonymous
    Great thread title!

11.     +8   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Wait, we now think that she who devoted a whole video to changing the way she parted her hair, and then ultimately decided she couldn’t do it, is going to get into a physical altercation? :confused-smiley-emoticon-1: :mocking_smiley_emoticon:

12.     +74   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    If the father of my children was getting remarried 18 months-2 years after we separated, and I’d only been officially divorced for six months, and I had Jen’s wallet, I’d have booked myself a weekend suite at the Ritz Carlton in NYC and flown first to get there.
    Someone clearly told her to get out of the house and distract herself that weekend. THEY DIDNT MEAN SLEEP IN YOUR CAR A FEW BLOCKS OVER.

13.     +2   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    I might have missed, was it confirmed she’s going to the wedding in Utah?

14.     +31   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I don’t have any issues with solo travel, camping, or hiking. I’m married with kids and I do things solo all the time. Campgrounds aren’t inherently unsafe (in fact, I’d argue that they are safer than many motels I’ve passed on staying in!), hiking alone is very normal where I live (and this is hiking in the Appalachian mountains, not Jen’s goober nature walk with magical trees.) I’ve slept in my minivan and my RV, both alone, with my husband, and/or with my kids (sometimes kids and no husband) at campgrounds and truck stops and rest areas and Walmart parking lots, literally hundreds of nights over the years, and have never had a single issue. I’ve stayed in $30 a night motels by myself, I’ve gone backcountry camping by myself, where you hike in for hours and dig holes to poop in and filter water from streams and hang your backpack in a tree to keep it away from bears. The stories that people hear are very much the exception. I’m not saying that being cautious is wrong, but some of you act like if she goes anywhere she’s going to be murdered or fall off the side of a cliff and you don’t realize that there are women doing lots of things that are way more “dangerous” all the time.

What I take issue with is what another baker mentioned, that Jen is claiming she enjoys this, trying to make things “magic” when she’s obviously miserable, but can’t be honest with herself and her viewers and just go, you know what, too many people, too close together, I’m too hot, I’m going to go to a hotel or I’m going to go home. I take issue with her buying all the things but not admitting that she’s actually not a van camping nature girl and she doesn’t need to do this to save money. (If it’s me alone, I’d much rather spend the night at a $20 a night campground vs a $120 a night hotel when I’m just using it to sleep between hikes, but that’s because I have a job and a mortgage and also like to spend money on traveling with my family and taking my kids places but they hate hiking so I don’t torture them.)

I’ve hiked trails that I’ve loved and I’ve hiked trails that I’ve hated. Sometimes I turn around and bail if I hate it, sometimes I push through. I post pictures on social media and tell people if I loved it or hated it. People ask me for recommendations and I give them places I liked and places to avoid. Sometimes it’s just not my hiking day and it has nothing to do with the trail. Sometimes the weather stinks when you’re camping. But she didn’t even sit outside in her fancy chair, she could’ve popped in her headphones and listened to a book and toasted a vegan marshmallow on her camping stove. She didn’t bother to do research on the campground or the park. She’s overcompensating that the trail was magic; it’s nothing special. If she got some kind of magic out of it, she could elaborate on that, people would be interested, but she’s just fronting.

I wish I could figure out what she’s trying to prove and who she’s trying to prove it to and why she thinks she needs to prove anything to anyone. I wish she’d figure her life out and go do something that makes her genuinely happy. I wish she’d stop pretending and just be real.

There’s way more bakers ready to celebrate the day she does something that makes some freaking sense and is proud of that rather than being a lying liar who lies ALL THE TIME.

Edited by DominantJunk - 7/17/2021, 04:06 AM

15.     +37   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Gene’s dumb ass “camping” video is messing with my YouTube algorithm and now I’m getting recommendations for “wilderness cooking” videos.

:smashing_computer:

894 replies since 17/7/2021, 02:24   99331 views