WaitingForTheShowdownInUtahLikeTheBakery Pt 264

« Older   Newer »

1.     +18   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (grilledcheesesandwiches @ 19/7/2021, 23:15) 
    Flannelette fitted sheet
    Flannelette top sheet
    Blanket
    Doona
    Coverlet
    2 pillows each

Mind you, it is the middle of winter and our nights are around freezing. As it starts to warm up we’ll go back to normal sheets and slowly strip all the blankets off so it will just be the top sheet and coverlet.

Those who have separate blankets for you and your partner, how do you make it look nice when you make the bed? My husband accuses me nightly of hogging the blankets (I have no idea what he is talking about!) so it is an option I’ve been considering but just can’t picture it looking good

Here is my bed. I also live in Germany and thank god our house is not affected. I basically have two In German oversize single duvets size 155 x 220 cm. I lie them horizontal on top of each other. No top sheet
    Attached Image
    5DEF1AC3-06E9-42EE-AC87-748BDB0020BE

2.     +7   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    Here’s another example of the more traditional way. Basically fold each comforter in thirds and put it on that side the bed. It’s also traditional in Germany Austria that’s a large bet you actually have two separate mattresses. Though thank God these are becoming less popular as I hate that gap personally
    Attached Image
    D77A490F-0AA7-4ACB-9D51-CFBD97E58E18

3. DivorcewithWonder
        +7   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (Bangle Bitch @ 7/20/2021, 12:08 AM) 
    I make mine daily. I have a shit ton of pillows, a coverlet and a fluffy duvet at the end of the bed. My bed is straight out of a Pottery Barn Catalog and I have no shame saying it.
    :mocking_smiley_emoticon:

Same here! I want my bedroom to look magazine worthy every morning. Sets the tone for my day.

Plus, I am anal AF.

4.     +9   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Yes please to the top sheet!

The bedding just doesn’t seem right & complete w/o the top sheet - both in looks & the way it feels. I don’t like the way just a blanket or duvet comforter feels on top of me… I need the sheet in between my body & the top cover.

Mr. SmoothiesLikeLily & I are both hot-natured, so, regardless of the season, we have the fitted sheet, top sheet, & just the main cover - which is currently a light-weight quilt.

We’ve tried comforters & duvet covers, but we keep going back to a light-weight quilt. The comforters & duvets are just too thick & poofy.

Additionally, I also have a weighted blanket on my side. Right now in the middle of summer, it’s waaaay too hot, but I like the weight. (I never sleep all that great, & it’s worse right now.)

He sleeps w/ 2 regular king-size pillows at his head. I sleep w/ one king-size pillow at my head which is propped against a larger lounge type cushion, & I have a body pillow on either side of me. I “nest” in the bed. And, yes, it’s a good thing we have a king-size bed.

When the bed is made, all the extra “sleeping” pillows go in the closet, & we have 2 sham-covered pillows & 2 throw pillows for decoration.

And there’s a furry throw at the end of the bed.

We have one bedding set for spring & summer & one bedding set for fall & winter - both sets consist of a light-weight quilt, matching shams, & coordinating throw pillows.

When we’re in hotels or condos, one of the 1st things we do is take off any throw pillows & stash them in the closet & always, always, always either fold down the main cover so it’s at the foot of the bed or just remove it completely. And, to be perfectly honest, I usually travel w/ my own blanket… because those top blankets/covers & decorative pillows never get washed!

5.     +13   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Secretly Filming My Husband Without Him Catching Me

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (DivorcewithWonder @ 20/7/2021, 00:27) 
    QUOTE (Bangle Bitch @ 7/20/2021, 12:08 AM) 
    I make mine daily. I have a shit ton of pillows, a coverlet and a fluffy duvet at the end of the bed. My bed is straight out of a Pottery Barn Catalog and I have no shame saying it.
    :mocking_smiley_emoticon:

Same here! I want my bedroom to look magazine worthy every morning. Sets the tone for my day.

Plus, I am anal AF.

Yup.
    My house is Pinterest Perfect every day. I do it for me because it makes me happy.

6. DivorcewithWonder
        +8   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (Bangle Bitch @ 7/20/2021, 12:31 AM) 
    QUOTE (DivorcewithWonder @ 20/7/2021, 00:27) 

Plus, I am anal AF.

Yup.
    My house is Pinterest Perfect every day. I do it for me because it makes me happy.

I am the same exact way! It can be exhausting, but I cannot fight it.

7.     +2   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (CakeLover @ 20/7/2021, 00:01) 
    QUOTE (SeeminglySweetLikeJen @ 19/7/2021, 23:12) 
    (IMG:https://upload.forumfree.net/i/fc11436319/...9FF54E321E.jpeg)We have Beddys because RV mattresses are a pain in the ass to make! (Beddys are high end zip around bedding) I used to be a top sheet fan when we had a house. Mr. Seemingly Sweet thinks that I’m a bed hog who selfishly steals all the covers, the zipped edges help keep the comforter/sheet combo in place 😆 But I think we might try the German way and buy two duvets to use as well, that sounds nice!

So Beddys I kind a like a premium sleeping bag? I would go nuts because I stick my feet out at the end. I always feel sorry for a hotel room staff because I am that guest that just rips those sheets out at the bottom. They basically have to remake the bed from the start. But yes try two duvet thing. You can still cuddle. If you have a king bed get a full And you can overlap at the top and can I have one big blanket and if anyone wants to break free they can. LOL. I would think that the US twin size would almost be too small for me as I like to gather and burrito myself in, sans feet.

Yes, sort of! Except the bottom part goes over the mattress. Then the top part zips around the 3 sides. It’s split in the middle with separate zippers, I like to be zipped in but he likes a foot out, so he basically unzips the whole thing to sleep! We downsized from a King to a Queen when we moved into the RV and I think we both wish we had a king. Our room is big enough so we might make the switch since it seems that the kind of house/property we want is a unicorn and we will be looking to buy for literally years at this point!

8.     +18   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    have we discussed car cleanliness?

a few people have pointed out to me lately how nuts I am about having a clean car. I got Weather Tech floor liners a few months ago and omg...I wish I got them years ago. every couple of days I take them out and hose them off

Jen's dirty van shocked me. always thought she'd want to have a tidy car - even with the extra work it would take having 2 kids

9.     +8   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I don’t want to talk about top sheets. Do we think we’ll hear from Mrs. Ross 1.0 tomorrow?

10.     +11   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I have my car cleaned inside out once every TWO! weeks. Mini SingHo knows that there’s no eating in mom’s car, but anything goes in dad’s car. Im very fun and everyone knows it. :mocking_smiley_emoticon:

11.     +6   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    I make my bed every day. One day last week dh and I were both late for work and neither one of us made the bed before we left. It really bothered me. :yellow-laughing-smiley-emoticon I have a king size bed with 5 pillows and 3 throw pillows. Oh I know that is an obscene amount of pillows. I like a lot of pillows around when I sleep. I have 3 that I use just for me, dh throws the rest on the floor. We are complete opposites.

12.     +7   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Secretly Filming My Husband Without Him Catching Me

Status
    Anonymous
    Mr Bangle is obsessive about car cleanliness. It is always spotless inside and out. Weather Tech in the trunk full time and in the car in winter months.

He would die at Jen’s trunk and then sleeping in it.

13. DivorcewithWonder
        +13   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (Meow2 @ 7/20/2021, 12:53 AM) 
    have we discussed car cleanliness?

a few people have pointed out to me lately how nuts I am about having a clean car. I got Weather Tech floor liners a few months ago and omg...I wish I got them years ago. every couple of days I take them out and hose them off

Jen's dirty van shocked me. always thought she'd want to have a tidy car - even with the extra work it would take having 2 kids

My grandmother always said that the cleanliness of a person's car shows how tidy they truly are at home. In other words, Jen is truly a dirty slob.

14.     +20   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    When my car was new I cleaned it obsessively. Now that it's 14 years old I don't bother any more.

I think I'd rather buy a new car than clean this one.

15.     +19   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group
    Building my forever daughter-in-law collection

Status
    Anonymous
    Jen is oblivious to her filth, personal and car/house. And to the hoarding. And then lying in the car filth, I wanted to vomit

894 replies since 17/7/2021, 02:24   99330 views