WaitingForTheShowdownInUtahLikeTheBakery Pt 264

« Older   Newer »

1.     +14   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Just because women are statistically more vulnerable doesn’t mean that we need to let irrational fear hold us back from enjoying life. There’s cautious and then there’s living in constant fear.

I go hiking or running in local, state, or national parks at least once a week, and 9 times out of 10, I go alone. Nothing has ever happened to me. I’m more likely to be in a car accident on my way to those parks than anything happening to me IN the parks. Millions of people spend time on trails in parks alone in the United States and very rarely something happens. Yes, sometimes freak things happen. But it’s just as likely for someone to break into your home to hurt you while you’re in it, as a freak thing.

Jen was in a completely full campground in a state park. I get that it’s suburban Chicago and I don’t pretend to know the crime rate there, but hundreds of other people were within earshot. Camping in a full campground in any state park in this country, it is HIGHLY statistically unlikely for anything worse than a couple of bug bites to happen. If it was so dangerous, millions of people - many of them families with kids and many of them elderly - wouldn’t do it at the rate that they do.

As far as hiking goes, y’all do realize that park rangers and search and rescue teams are a thing, so if you don’t check in after hiking alone, they can locate your car even if you didn’t tell anyone what trail you were going to do and then come find you? Safe hiking can be done alone and you’re supposed to bring stuff with you in case something goes wrong: a whistle, basic first aid, food and water. Turn on YouTube: there are hundreds of women who thru hike the AT and the PCT and the CDT alone every year.

Jen went “hiking” in Utah on an extremely popular trail with hundreds of people around and she went on a nature walk with cyclists and other walkers on a Sunday morning. This is a woman who carries a tourniquet and backup underwear to go to Whole Foods. The most dangerous thing she’s ever done is willingly get pregnant with a blowhard who went back to working in an office to finance her cushy life.

2.     +6   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Beetrix @ 18/7/2021, 15:01) 
    lurker1991 dont agree with your hiking analsis

I think SINGLE hikers(male or female) in some area IS dangerous mainly because there is NO CELL phone coverage to ask for help

we remarked an older man ( and we are older) hiking on Perdenales Falls in Texas by himself-there are holes and drop offs everywhen -you could easily slip and not be able to call for help

we have been on many many hikes in not remote areas with path drop offs

We were bike riding in a great State park near us and after going past a woman camping in er car , i said "gosh-that woman must be living in her car"-=that is what i think when seeing campers with only a car and not a van or tent-that they are homeless

We have stayed at lots of KOAs and they have awesome little cabins. I see people renting those and bringing their own gear. We don’t see a ton of car campers, mostly cars/suvs in the tent sites but also with tents! I also would think someone was homeless if they were sleeping in their car without one of those attachable car/tent things. Does anyone know what influencers she is following to prompt this car sleeping? I’m perplexed and we live in campgrounds pretty much full time.

3.     +17   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Good Ol’ Suze @ 18/7/2021, 15:15) 
    I generally love random Jencentric speculation, but waking up to the possibility of Jen and Don having been on a NUDE retreat WITH the Boyles is definitely a bridge too far!

tenor

The mental gymnastics on that one is just… :agace:

Jen and Don are vanilla squares. A wild night probably meant doing it at the foot of the bed.

4.     +9   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    Don and Jen on a nude retreat

your organ damage from covid is in your head

am I caught up? :lol:

anywho - personal choice whether someone wants to hike alone :being-confused-smiley-emoticon:

I wouldn’t do it mainly because it doesn’t sound fun to me. I like doing a lot of things alone but not that. when I go for walks I stay out in open areas instead of isolated trails or whatever. I don’t consider it living in fear...just the smart thing to do for many reasons (I’m not saying you’re totally safe in open areas - people have been snatched up right off main roads)

in regards to Jen I don’t think it was dangerous what she did. she was parked practically right on top of those near her. boring and uncomfortable are how I’d describe it :lol: but not dangerous

5.     +31   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    Just a Tensleigh blue shovel with ALLLLLLLL the vitriol.

Status
    I may be a little wired on my espresso. But I made this and I can't stop laughing.

Right. I'll see myself out.

Nood

6.     +15   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    Wow. I haven’t been here in ages. Had a baby and it rocked my damn world. Jen got super boring and then stopped posting so I didn’t check in.
    Now I HATE to be this person, but I see that don has gotten/getting remarried. Can someone point me to the thread(s) this is first discovered?
    I miss catching up on the self created mess that is jens life!

7.     +6   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    AmpleBosomLikeJen

Start with posts from May 21, thread number 242. That was the day Tens was found and Jen private’s all her MyHouseWifeLife videos.

8.     +8   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    If Jen had any sense at all, for a true spiritual and visual experience she would go to Sedona, Arizona. It is truly magical. Illinois State Beach Park is definitely not anywhere near “ magical”, in fact it looks beyond depressing.

9.     +24   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Secretly Filming My Husband Without Him Catching Me

Status
    Anonymous
    I though the only places they ever went where she couldn’t film was that spa in AZ or the Boyles Family Trip because no one in her family wanted to be on camera?

As for the people hiking alone here, good for you. We are talking about Jen. Just because she has a tourniquet in her walking pharmacy doesn’t mean she has enough common sense to use it. She’s a ninny not a outdoorsman.

10.     +27   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    I think what Jen hated most of her “camping” trip was the proximity of the other campers. They were too close. More than the heat, the bugs, the discomfort of sleeping in her car, the lack of a beautiful sunrise, the closeness of the nuclear power plant….more than all this, she hated the fact that “the people” were too close and that they could see her.

11.     +10   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (AmpleBosomLikeJen @ 18/7/2021, 16:42) 
    Wow. I haven’t been here in ages. Had a baby and it rocked my damn world. Jen got super boring and then stopped posting so I didn’t check in.
    Now I HATE to be this person, but I see that don has gotten/getting remarried. Can someone point me to the thread(s) this is first discovered?
    I miss catching up on the self created mess that is jens life!

Congrats to your baby!
    :6792:

12.     +5   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I wasn’t really paying attention when she showed the gear but when she showed the pole thing she was talking about setting up later, I thought it was going to be one of those net tents that comes out from the back of your car. It wasn’t though. I think she’s desperate for the van life vibes instead of camping ones, but that doesn’t work when you don’t have a nice van with a bed and all

13.     +20   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    I hate the camping version of Jen. Ugh.
    I’d rather her spend Don’s coin on decorating RM 2.0, or a revamp of the backyard.

But if she MUST camp I wish she’s splurge on the Basecamp by Airstream or something. That at least would make her camping more interesting & she could actually include the kids in that thing. She could even go back to a little “Organized Like Jen” and show how she’d organize & plan out things with the camper.
    A friend of mine recently got one & it’s super nice. I’m not a camper but I’d consider camping in it.

If she actually goes to Utah I’ll be so annoyed. She needs to get a grip on reality, and so do the Ross’s if they let her tag along.

Happy Sunday Bakers!

14.     +5   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Beetrix @ 7/18/2021, 03:01 PM) 
    I think SINGLE hikers(male or female) in some area IS dangerous mainly because there is NO CELL phone coverage to ask for help

we remarked an older man ( and we are older) hiking on Perdenales Falls in Texas by himself-there are holes and drop offs everywhen -you could easily slip and not be able to call for help

we have been on many many hikes in not remote areas with path drop offs

Well, first of all, how often does that actually happen? There are a number of things that "could" happen. There's a river right next to where I live and, even though this is a very populated area, technically I "could" fall into it and drown with nobody noticing I'm there. You "could" go hiking with multiple people and all of them could fall off the path at once. You "could" get into a car accident and die while driving to the supermarket. But we should quantify these occurrences with statistics before deciding how much concern to allocate to them.

Also, if you're that concerned, then as I mentioned before, you can carry devices to signal your location to others. Something simple like an emergency whistle, or something fancier like a personal locator beacon that can send an SOS signal. If you've ever heard of Gerry Largay, she chose not to carry a personal locator beacon. If she had, it would have saved her life. But again, she was hiking in a very remote and densely wooded area and went off-trail on purpose. The place where Jen was barely qualifies as a park IMO.

15.     +48   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Secretly Filming My Husband Without Him Catching Me

Status
    Anonymous
    Here’s the thing: she doesn’t want to take the kids. Ever. If she has something bigger, she’s going to have a hard time explaining why she doesn’t want to take them. If she sticks with her van, she can use the not enough room excuse because of car seats, a big enough bed etc.

894 replies since 17/7/2021, 02:24   99331 views