WaitingForTheShowdownInUtahLikeTheBakery Pt 264

« Older   Newer »

1.     +49   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    If you feel safe, good for you.

If you don’t feel safe, that is also your prerogative and you shouldn’t be condescended to for doing what you need to do to feel secure.

Personally, I am way too clumsy to ever want to hike alone and there are plenty of times where I need to grab onto someone’s arm to go down a steep incline covered with rocks and roots or whatever.

Sleeping in a car when you’re a 38-year-old millionaire with two small children is dumb AF.

2.     +37   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    Off topic, but there was a snake in my living room this morning and I still haven’t recovered mentally. Living in the south is fun.

3.     +25   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    The Bakery version of Jen merch would be way better.

Team Iowncare
    Team Longchamp

Louee Vweeton

Put the Gravy Down

I Crab Walk Umbrellas

Tindergate Survivor

Tensleigh has been found

Trash Plate

4.     +17   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Jenbo @ 18/7/2021, 23:30) 
    Off topic, but there was a snake in my living room this morning and I still haven’t recovered mentally. Living in the south is fun.

Bless your heart! I would never recover! There was one on my back porch recently and I still turn over every chair before I’ll sit out there.

5.     +22   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    your perspective on hiking will really vary based on where you live too. "hiking" in Illinois is nothing compared to some of the mountains near where I am

Jen strikes me as someone who thinks bad things would never happen to her

not just bad things related to hiking...but anything bad

QUOTE (Jenbo @ 18/7/2021, 23:30) 

time to put the house up for sale 😆

6.     +35   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    My position on the whole thing:
    Attached Image
    a

7.     +28   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    The Department of Redundancy Department. Repeatedly repeating.

Status
    Anonymous
    In spite of fear of being accused of having a rage-boner for Don again, I'd make a t-shirt that says what she said, "The first thing I notice about someone is where they look at me" with this graphic on it:

The_first_thing_I_notice_is_where_people_look_at_me_2

8.     +10   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Jen merch:

“Set Boundaries”

or

“No Boundaries”

…depending on who it’s for. Jen only respects boundaries she sets for others.

9.     +2   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (YouGuysSlayMe @ 18/7/2021, 23:41) 
    In spite of fear of being accused of having a rage-boner for Don again, I'd make a t-shirt that says what she said, "The first thing I notice about someone is where they look at me" with this graphic on it:

do you have that picture of Charlotte handy where she makes the exact same face? I'm always amazed by that :lol:

10.     +7   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    It’s me, myself and I

11.     +19   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    The “experts”...National Parks, State Parks, Sierra Club, etc. recommend not to hike alone. Plenty of people run into trouble doing it. But to each his own.

Jen is very inexperienced. She may have the stamina to hike hours on end but she’s not, nor has she ever been an outdoors girl. I could name five things right off the bat she was doing wrong on her last hike. But to Jen it’s all magical. She’s so full of herself, and whatever her latest journey is but she still has no common sense. IMHO, her future and all this solo stuff is a disaster in the making.

Edited by ComfortablyNumb - 7/18/2021, 02:53 PM

12.     Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    QUOTE (LateKate @ 18/7/2021, 19:24) 
    We found a lot of gems through Planner Jen videos. The funniest one for me was that Dear Friend who went with her to Arizona was Good Ol Suze :D

Wish I remembered where this video was because it would be funny to see I’ve always heard that that’s who she took to Arizona but never did see were people got it from

13.     +7   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Shopping for a Tensleigh Blue Dress to Wear to the Party!

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (DominantJunk @ 7/18/2021, 04:31 PM) 
    The Bakery version of Jen merch would be way better.

Team Iowncare
    Team Longchamp

Louee Vweeton

Put the Gravy Down

I Crab Walk Umbrellas

Tindergate Survivor

Tensleigh has been found

Trash Plate

Team Hayrack

Team Divorce Train

14. MrArthurRadley
        +21   Like  

User deleted

Sorry I'm behind the times but some posts made me think.
    Over my lifetime I've survived multiple crimes. Some occurred during daylight hours and all involved "legitimate" and normally "safe" locations and activity. People won't necessarily come to help you, either.
    There's a lot that goes on, and some people sense the need to be careful, as unfair as the necessity seems. I'm not going to get into what I think is or is not a risk. If you've ever taken chances and come out of it unscathed, that's great, but it doesn't mean there's slim to no chance of something happening, whether it's a crime or an accident.

They've been studying lab values and tissue and organ damage/inflammation -heart, lungs, brain, kidneys, blood vessels- since covid and long covid began, and it is well documented as bases for symptoms in both. As for other viruses, the fact that kawasaki syndrome, for instance, preceded mis-c mitigates none of mis-c's dangerous physical pathology. Inflammatory reaction, as well as rapid overwhelm by cytokine storm, were documented during later waves of the Spanish flu epidemic. They know what happens physiologically, they just haven't pinpointed why it occurs in some people and not others, or to varying degrees. The statistical comparison of a global pandemic to car accidents or overeating, is apples to oranges.

As for Jen, she did this car camping thing because of "whimsy...and dreaming and scheming", to show that she is a Free Spirit. How this actually computes in her brain, who knows. Lots of people have ended up sleeping in their cars for various reasons, but apparently it's actually trending now, so... would she have thought of doing it or consider it magical otherwise? From day one her videos have been portraying or justifying or revising some aspect of whatever in her life.
    And I agree, she could make her yard beautiful, with trees and arbors, winding cobblestone paths, vegetable (kale) beds, little concrete figures peeking out from between plants, a playhouse, a swing...it could be really "whimsical". So many things to buy and to call Vincente for! And maybe she'd even learn some actual nature facts instead of making stuff up or blaming the educational system. And even though it's not as magical as abandoned buildings, rusted retaining walls, or a nuke plant, there's still the guardrail after all.
    Yeah I think Jen's merch motto might be something stupidly delusional, like her old "sharing is caring". Everybody has come up with great ideas! For the 4th of July she could have done something patriotic like "absolutely an American citizen" or "these nostrils don't run".

15.     +9   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    The Department of Redundancy Department. Repeatedly repeating.

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Meow2 @ 7/18/2021, 02:49 PM) 
    QUOTE (YouGuysSlayMe @ 18/7/2021, 23:41) 

do you have that picture of Charlotte handy where she makes the exact same face? I'm always amazed by that :lol:

TheeThee_2

I think I have a better one. I'll look.

894 replies since 17/7/2021, 02:24   99330 views