WaitingForTheShowdownInUtahLikeTheBakery Pt 264

« Older   Newer »

1.     +5   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Shopping for a Tensleigh Blue Dress to Wear to the Party!

Status
    Anonymous
    That sounds awesome! You guys are making great memories for sure.

2.     +5   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Idiot savant @ 22/7/2021, 16:41) 
    QUOTE (SeeminglySweetLikeJen @ 22/7/2021, 16:03) 
    This is what we have! We have added a washer/dryer and also a dishwasher. We are in the process of making some more extreme modifications to suit our needs and my design aesthetic. But we’ve had it for almost 2 years now and love it!

www.granddesignrv.com/showroom/202...oorplans/377mbs

We pull it with a Ram 3500 diesel dually that we purchased new last year. It’s a pretty big rig but our truck handles it well.

Even I could camp in that, and that’s saying a lot . It’s beautiful!

Eventually we will just use it for camping and for guest accommodations. But it is totally livable, there are certain annoyances that come with living in a tiny space, but it is very comfortable.

We are lucky we are able to live in it while we try to find our next house. We need at least 4 acres to either build or buy an existing house. If we didn’t have the fifth wheel, we would be rushed and not as able to be picky. We want to raise our daughter with horses and teach her the responsibility that comes form animal husbandry. (We have one horse that lives at my sisters house while we travel)

3.     +8   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group
    Building my forever daughter-in-law collection

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (SeeminglySweetLikeJen @ 7/22/2021, 07:48 AM) 
    QUOTE (CakeLover @ 22/7/2021, 16:24) 
    Jesus Christ those things now have kitchen islands !! I’m curious you said you live there full-time. But other people out there that buy these things just for fun and use these rarely? I’m not gonna ask how much yours cost but I know these things can cost about the same as a small home. I’m also curious do you have to have full hook up to take full advantage of everything? Or could you go for a week in the middle of nowhere and still be able to use everything? I’m also curious do you guys usually stay put for a longer period of time at certain campgrounds? It’s really crazy how luxurious these things have become

We bought it used, it was about 10 months old and we paid $75k, it retails for around $125k. The truck on the other hand was $88k but we got it for $78k because it was at the end of the model year.

We are fully equipped with a generator and massive batteries, propane/electric fridge/freezer, so we can go about 10 days in the middle of nowhere without full hookups. But my husband needs internet to work, we have a pretty complex system with two cellular cards and a router, it runs is about $275 a month just for internet, but we have to have it.

We often overnight in parking lots (museums, fairgrounds, wineries, farms) or places without hookups, when we are trying to get from point A to point B and want to stop driving for the day. When we first started, we moved every week or less. Some weeks, we moved 3 times in a week! We are now back in Oregon, where we are from, and are staying for 3 months while we house/land hunt. It’s much more affordable to stay in one spot for a month but we get bored. We will be headed to the Gulf Coast of Texas to “winter” and then will be making our way back in the Spring to resume the house hunt.

I really enjoy that you have shared snippets of your full timing adventure.

May I suggest that tonight you leave the comfort of your fifth-wheel, scatter some crumbs throughout your truck, and curl up on the floor to ‘sleep’.

If you aren’t doing this magical, magical thing, I don’t know what you are doing with your life.

Chin dancing under the glow of moon optional.

4.     +15   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Yetta @ 22/7/2021, 16:52) 
    That sounds awesome! You guys are making great memories for sure.

Thanks! It’s been a fun detour from the standard rat race. But unlike Jen, I feel compelled to go back to work. I fully accept that I’m not SAHM material. So I am excited to settle down again. Because of my husbands job, we can still take extended vacations even once our daughter is in school. We haven’t seen much of California and plan to do an Alaska trip in the fifth wheel once she’s a bit older!

QUOTE (Good Ol’ Suze @ 22/7/2021, 16:57) 
    QUOTE (SeeminglySweetLikeJen @ 7/22/2021, 07:48 AM) 
    We bought it used, it was about 10 months old and we paid $75k, it retails for around $125k. The truck on the other hand was $88k but we got it for $78k because it was at the end of the model year.

We are fully equipped with a generator and massive batteries, propane/electric fridge/freezer, so we can go about 10 days in the middle of nowhere without full hookups. But my husband needs internet to work, we have a pretty complex system with two cellular cards and a router, it runs is about $275 a month just for internet, but we have to have it.

We often overnight in parking lots (museums, fairgrounds, wineries, farms) or places without hookups, when we are trying to get from point A to point B and want to stop driving for the day. When we first started, we moved every week or less. Some weeks, we moved 3 times in a week! We are now back in Oregon, where we are from, and are staying for 3 months while we house/land hunt. It’s much more affordable to stay in one spot for a month but we get bored. We will be headed to the Gulf Coast of Texas to “winter” and then will be making our way back in the Spring to resume the house hunt.

I really enjoy that you have shared snippets of your full timing adventure.

May I suggest that tonight you leave the comfort of your fifth-wheel, scatter some crumbs throughout your truck, and curl up on the floor to ‘sleep’.

If you aren’t doing this magical, magical thing, I don’t know what you are doing with your life.

Chin dancing under the glow of moon optional.

Our truck is a disaster, sort of looks like we live in it… oh wait, it pulls our home! It’s like a messy garage. I do escape to the truck sometimes to enjoy my solitude alone (like Jen?)

This was a simple but “magical” place. This was Mother’s Day morning, we were drinking coffee with a herd of bison just below us, our rig was parked here on this lawn at a museum in Utah. Definitely a memory I will treasure.
    SPOILER (click to view)
    8A3FF9CC-6858-4872-A1A9-D95C94908C40

5.     +15   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    That one picture looks more inviting than all of Jen’s (for the past year) combined. 🌈

6.     +36   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    New member here. You ladies (and gentlemen!) have been keeping me the best of company during the past year and a half - I’ve had so many good laughs reading the Bakery!

And since English is not my first language, I have learnt so many new words from you.
    My favorite: twatwaffle.
    Silently applying it to everyone who annoys me. It’s awesome.

As for Jen, this van-life/Pelotoning to Nowhere persona is by far my least favorite. I just cannot relate. But you guys keep it fun no matter what she does 😆

7.     +2   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group
    Italy. The country of art, good taste and good food! Nothing that Jen is aware of.

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Mrs. Geller @ 22/7/2021, 17:31) 
    New member here. You ladies (and gentlemen!) have been keeping me the best of company during the past year and a half - I’ve had so many good laughs reading the Bakery!

And since English is not my first language, I have learnt so many new words from you.

As for Jen, this van-life/Pelotoning to Nowhere persona is by far my least favorite. I just cannot relate. But you guys keep it fun no matter what she does 😆

Welcome :glitter_cupcake_with_cherry_smi

8.     Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Mrs. Geller @ 22/7/2021, 17:31) 

Welcome! Twatwaffle is one of my favorites too! :snickering:

9.     +11   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I agree, whats not to like about Vanlife/Car life Jen. I love that she is so miserable in her videos and has to act that she isn't. She looks more caged by her delusions and lies than ever before. Jen, you deserve this lonely life you craved for,

10.     +5   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Randomly came across this video... look how happy she is talking about her wedding and her blessed life

11.     +4   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Secretly Filming My Husband Without Him Catching Me

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (TWO!!! @ 22/7/2021, 17:57) 
    I agree, whats not to like about Vanlife/Car life Jen. I love that she is so miserable in her videos and has to act that she isn't. She looks more caged by her delusions and lies than ever before. Jen, you deserve this lonely life you craved for,

Yup. I love TerrificActressLikeJen pretending VanLife is her dream and how ecstatically happy she is when she looks miserable.

12.     +11   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Jen…

anchormanlol

13.     +43   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Jen's newest persona is boring and I'm not a camper so I have nothing to add other than Hi from Clover. 12 weeks old and full on puppy mode 😆. Don't let that face fool you

20210722_08494420210721_090326

14.     +3   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Good Ol’ Suze @ 22/7/2021, 18:22) 
    Jen…

anchormanlol

DA41FECF-DA3E-47A3-B52E-EEC9B1AF9946

15.     +30   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    So happy to now be a part of the Bakery. I have been following Jen for years and silently screaming in my head. Originally I loved her content but I slowly started to question the decisions she makes and the life she leads. She had a great opportunity to break out of her "gilded cage" and embrace change, but instead she chose to close herself off. Y'all's observations are spot-on. Jen, get a job, join groups, volunteer...anything to get out of your head!

I'm not sure if I am even posting this correctly...oops!

894 replies since 17/7/2021, 02:24   99330 views