Homestead living / 1000s of roots

« Older   Newer »

1.     +2   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Just watched the latest video where they are trying to survive on just what they have grown on the homestead for three days.. in that time they have butchered three animals, is that just to show how well they can eat, it’s certainly not how they normally eat and the amount of food they made for the first day was huge compared to what they usually make. Also that’s a pretty flash telescope the son has there at the end, obviously someone is sending them gifts...

2.     +4   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Not sure if anyone else is following this channel but I get so upset over the state of the children, they are so unkempt and sick looking and in this latest video they look scared of the father. I would hate to think what goes on behind the scenes. He is trying to portray a great fun loving father but its so not natural to him or the kids, its obviously acting. He is wearing gloves to protect his hands but his kids are all barefoot and the poor girls having to wear dresses even when they are playing in the woods...
    Checking up what his wife has been doing on the computer while he was gone I think that says it all...

3.     +3   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Scarlet66 @ 24/11/2021, 03:33) 
    Not sure if anyone else is following this channel but I get so upset over the state of the children, they are so unkempt and sick looking and in this latest video they look scared of the father. I would hate to think what goes on behind the scenes. He is trying to portray a great fun loving father but its so not natural to him or the kids, its obviously acting. He is wearing gloves to protect his hands but his kids are all barefoot and the poor girls having to wear dresses even when they are playing in the woods...
    Checking up what his wife has been doing on the computer while he was gone I think that says it all...

Yes, he gives me creepy vibes. I don’t think he is the person he portrays online. He seems controlling and what he says goes. I can not stand him at all. All he wants is money and gifts from everyone, he is the one that put his family in this position and then he cries around about money. He’s already done a go fund me once. He’s just a complete phony and creep.

4. Whowhatwhen
        +3   Like  

User deleted

Definite creepy vibes. They claimed bankruptcy then decided to live off grid in a shack. If adults want to live with no running water, toilets, refrigeration or safe food storage, fine, but don’t continue having children while accepting handouts. Their foodstamp allowance alone must be enough to pay for a decent home.

Why do they call their daughter Esther Pie??

5.     +2   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Whowhatwhen @ 24/11/2021, 04:02) 
    Definite creepy vibes. They claimed bankruptcy then decided to live off grid in a shack. If adults want to live with no running water, toilets, refrigeration or safe food storage, fine, but don’t continue having children while accepting handouts. Their foodstamp allowance alone must be enough to pay for a decent home.

Those kids are so skinny. Kip is the only one that has weight on him, he makes sure he eats. Those kids do not socialize with anyone else, they don’t even go anywhere. They are so secluded it’s sad. I think Esther pie is just a nickname.

6.     +5   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Sammie 1 @ 11/24/2021, 12:40 PM)
    QUOTE (Whowhatwhen @ 24/11/2021, 04:02) 

Those kids are so skinny. Kip is the only one that has weight on him, he makes sure he eats. Those kids do not socialize with anyone else, they don’t even go anywhere. They are so secluded it’s sad. I think Esther pie is just a nickname.

All the kids seem to have strange nicknames..
    The house is so filthy and full of junk, they dont even have enough room for them all around a table to eat, the smaller kids seem to eat on the steps.
    They claim to live by faith but begging for handouts does not involve faith at all...
    If they built things properly the first time they wouldnt have to spend so much time fixing things up again.. their " homestead" is just a junk pile with no room for that many kids.. I think they all sleep in one room so noone has their own room which must be hard for the older kids.
    The kids get up in the morning filthy so obviously they went to bed that way....so sad..

7.     +3   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    It makes me wonder if CPS has ever paid them a visit. Those are neglected children if I've ever seen one. They need dental, medical, food, clothing, etc.

8.     +2   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Boppo22 @ 11/25/2021, 09:54 PM) 
    It makes me wonder if CPS has ever paid them a visit. Those are neglected children if I've ever seen one. They need dental, medical, food, clothing, etc.

Someone should thats for sure..

9.     +3   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    They are asking for donations so the oldest son can build a home. Only the boys will get land to build on not the girls .

10.     +4   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Chris C @ 12/5/2021, 07:32 AM) 
    They are asking for donations so the oldest son can build a home. Only the boys will get land to build on not the girls .

They need to get a job and an education so they can build their own home

11.     +4   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Way to teach your children that the world owes them a living. Silly me, I worked for mine, beginning at age fifteen.

Sad thing is, people are sending money for that house right now.

12.     +4   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    I must have missed the part where they're asking for donations for the son's house. Can someone point me to that? I did see them mention that he planned on building a house. Can't imagine that kid being able to do anything strenuous. He's so incredibly frail.

I want to like this family. The kids are cute and fairly capable. The parents annoy the heck out of me. Kip has always had an underlying resentment about doing youtube. He's always pointed out how they're not getting enough money for the time they put in. Lately though his resentment is so obvious. It's turned into full on festering bitterness. If it's no longer bringing you joy (by way of money), stop doing it. Simple.

I agree that behind the scenes he's probably not so nice. But I think that of carrie too. Sure, she's sweet and sugary on camera but for all the times that kip has announced how exhausted carrie is, I imagine she's complaining a lot off screen. Yes, raising a large family is a lot of work. What did they expect?

The house. Carrie prefers to be outside. There isn't a homemaking gene in either of them. Even when they try to organize they just make more of a mess. The dishes ... carrie always complains about doing dishes. Again, what did you expect? She does dishes once a day so there is always a massive pile of dirty dishes lying around. They make things so difficult for themselves.

They just don't seem to be happy with their chosen lifestyle. They seem rather bitter, mostly. It's difficult to watch.

13.     +2   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Errandgirl @ 5/12/2021, 07:17) 
    I must have missed the part where they're asking for donations for the son's house. Can someone point me to that? I did see them mention that he planned on building a house. Can't imagine that kid being able to do anything strenuous. He's so incredibly frail.

I want to like this family. The kids are cute and fairly capable. The parents annoy the heck out of me. Kip has always had an underlying resentment about doing youtube. He's always pointed out how they're not getting enough money for the time they put in. Lately though his resentment is so obvious. It's turned into full on festering bitterness. If it's no longer bringing you joy (by way of money), stop doing it. Simple.

I agree that behind the scenes he's probably not so nice. But I think that of carrie too. Sure, she's sweet and sugary on camera but for all the times that kip has announced how exhausted carrie is, I imagine she's complaining a lot off screen. Yes, raising a large family is a lot of work. What did they expect?

The house. Carrie prefers to be outside. There isn't a homemaking gene in either of them. Even when they try to organize they just make more of a mess. The dishes ... carrie always complains about doing dishes. Again, what did you expect? She does dishes once a day so there is always a massive pile of dirty dishes lying around. They make things so difficult for themselves.

They just don't seem to be happy with their chosen lifestyle. They seem rather bitter, mostly. It's difficult to watch.

If you read their description on their videos it says that they are trying to get Kip to only work part time and that’s why they need the patrons and I assume donations. I guess Carrie is complaining that she is home all day doing everything which she’s not. Those boys and Esther do plenty of work. I think Kip is lazy and just doesn’t want to work at all in my opinion. They beg for money all the time and it’s just pitiful when this is the life they chose because Kip is too lazy to get a good job and take care of his family. They obviously don’t have the funds to pay utilities or rent. If they had money they would not be living like that. They love very poorly. Those kids have no idea what socializing even is. Do they even go out into the real world? If they want a home for Caleb then why can’t Caleb work? Why can’t he contribute? Why ask your subscribers to do it for you. I know I’m all over the place here 😂 sorry!!

14.     +1   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    I'm not sure what the deal with Caleb is. If he graduated homeschool and is ready to live on his own and build his own house, isn't working to pay for that a natural progression? It's frustrating to see these youtubing parents teach their kids that the way to get what you want and need in life, is to beg for it rather than work for it.

I agree. What little gets done inside the house is shared heavily with the kids and it's still a disaster! I get it, shes not a natural homemaker but with all those kids she's "shit outta luck" ... it's gotta get done whether you like it or not.

The food: One tray or casserole of food. They're not even fully packed casseroles. They're generally a lasagna pan about an inch high. Each person gets a teeny tiny flat portion. Carrie clearly does not like to cook. She's said so. She's pretty much said she dislikes every inside task at one time or another. That's why she's always "exhausted." It's her inability to rally and get it done. She focuses way too much on the fact that she doesnt like doing it all, like a teenager. So much energy on "woe is me" zaps your energy.

For once I'd like to see this woman put together a nice, big hearty crockpot full of food in the morning with a positive attitude so the kids would have something bountiful and filling later in the day. You can tell the kids know she doesnt like cooking ... they're thankful for every tiny morsel she gives them, as if it pained her to make it.

15.     +1   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Errandgirl @ 5/12/2021, 08:22) 
    I'm not sure what the deal with Caleb is. If he graduated homeschool and is ready to live on his own and build his own house, isn't working to pay for that a natural progression? It's frustrating to see these youtubing parents teach their kids that the way to get what you want and need in life, is to beg for it rather than work for it.

I agree. What little gets done inside the house is shared heavily with the kids and it's still a disaster! I get it, shes not a natural homemaker but with all those kids she's "shit outta luck" ... it's gotta get done whether you like it or not.

The food: One tray or casserole of food. They're not even fully packed casseroles. They're generally a lasagna pan about an inch high. Each person gets a teeny tiny flat portion. Carrie clearly does not like to cook. She's said so. She's pretty much said she dislikes every inside task at one time or another. That's why she's always "exhausted." It's her inability to rally and get it done. She focuses way too much on the fact that she doesnt like doing it all, like a teenager. So much energy on "woe is me" zaps your energy.

For once I'd like to see this woman put together a nice, big hearty crockpot full of food in the morning with a positive attitude so the kids would have something bountiful and filling later in the day. You can tell the kids know she doesnt like cooking ... they're thankful for every tiny morsel she gives them, as if it pained her to make it.

Yes, and that’s why Esther is always cooking. Carrie made sure to reach her. I was noticing the portion sizes as well. That pan is not big enough for that big of a family. They get 1 slice of whatever it is and there’s not seconds. Those kids are so skinny, especially Caleb. They have electric right? Maybe they don’t but yes, I agree she needs to invest in an instapot or a crockpot and fill those kids up. The whole situation is just sad for those kids.

864 replies since 2/9/2021, 23:06   93073 views