Homestead living / 1000s of roots

« Older   Newer »

1.     +1   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    This is the video where they say how to help Caleb because so many people have been asking how to help him.

2.     +2   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Homestead? I see a trash heap dog house. The kids wander around like pets, pausing here and there before moving along, while the mother entertains herself outside with her garden. It's her escape, I believe.

The father does seem like a very angry man. IMO, I think it's because he doesn't want any responsibility. Both parents look cleaner and healthier than their poor, pathetic children.

And if people really have to specify on a check who their donation is for, well that tells you how much money they're getting.

People should understand that THEIR OWN CHILDREN need that check more than these people do. The father is probably using the money to fund his projects because they sure aren't buying extra food!

3. Whowhatwhen
        +7   Like  

User deleted

Does anyone watch An American Homestead? I think that was the name, but I haven’t watched since the wife died. This family reminds me of their poor relations. Jamie, I think was the mom, worked hard, canned on an open fire, they raised and processed all their own food, had an outdoor toilet, no power, homeschooled, etc. To their credit, they weren’t ignorant so they had more successes than failures but were also heavy on conspiracy theories and anti government and grew herbs for natural medicine. Jamie got sick, and long story short, after treating herself “holistically” she suffered a painful death from cancer and was very young, perhaps early 40’s at most, with young children. The husband was an alpha male, opinionated, survivalist, then finally realized they’d waited too late to get medical help for his wife. She suffered. I liked Jamie a lot. I was a member of their patreon. I got angry. That’s pride and ego, not common sense. Our ancestors would have jumped at the opportunities we have, they’d have given anything for electricity, warm homes, refrigeration, dental and medical care, and not worried a flip about GMO or organic food. I felt she was sacrificed trying to prove a point. So foolish.

This family reminds me of them. If something goes wrong, it was Gods will! If it goes right, Gods will! I don’t believe in a God who randomly points fingers and says okay, they need to lose a mother or a child, zap! It also takes away personal responsibility. If this woman dies in childbirth it’s not Gods will, it’s neglect. Similar to Andrea Mills, she had all the homemade oils and tinctures and herbs but also had a house full of children and waited too long to get medical help and died. We didn’t have much starting out, but health insurance, especially for our children, was a priority. I believe in God and prayer but I also believe my job is to use my resources wisely, not call a young mother or child’s death “Gods will.”

4.     Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    I liked Jamie very very much and was sad when she died. I had been watching her for years. She was capable and very sweet. I think her husband is more tender than he appears on camera. He is opinionated but I'm fairly opinionated myself (evidenced by commenting here), so I cant complain about that. Agree, a bit of an alpha male ... certainly not on a high level ugly scale like The Texas Boys' dad (good god that man is insufferable), but definitely alpha male type. Overall I thought they were a good team. I liked the fact that if Jamie wanted something, he made it happen. That outdoor kitchen and laundry was impressive. I miss Jamie and still use her homemade pudding recipe. :)

5. Whowhatwhen
        +2   Like  

User deleted

I really liked Jamie, yes, she was very sweet also very bright, which made their lifestyle choice intriguing. I think that’s why it was so painful continuing to watch, I felt like more could’ve been done to save her, but they had a right to handle it how they wanted I suppose. You’re right that he was very good to her in many ways, but again, I guess I’m just bitter that she suffered and maybe, maybe didn’t have to. I can see the same scenario with this channel, modern medicine is suspicious, doctors are too expensive, there’s no insurance, home remedies are just fine, etc.

I do miss Jamie and after my last post I looked them up to see if he still had his channel and he does, and a girlfriend. No judgment in that, but I have no interest in the channel without Jamie.

6.     +1   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Whowhatwhen @ 9/12/2021, 14:28) 
    I really liked Jamie, yes, she was very sweet also very bright, which made their lifestyle choice intriguing. I think that’s why it was so painful continuing to watch, I felt like more could’ve been done to save her, but they had a right to handle it how they wanted I suppose. You’re right that he was very good to her in many ways, but again, I guess I’m just bitter that she suffered and maybe, maybe didn’t have to. I can see the same scenario with this channel, modern medicine is suspicious, doctors are too expensive, there’s no insurance, home remedies are just fine, etc.

I do miss Jamie and after my last post I looked them up to see if he still had his channel and he does, and a girlfriend. No judgment in that, but I have no interest in the channel without Jamie.

I agree. She was very bright. I too haven't watched in quite some time. I just checked in on the channel. It looks as if he remarried. It was in the comments from a patreon member. Apparently they shared their elopement with the patreon members. I'm happy for him but Jamie was the reason I watched. I'm not too interested in the channel now.

7.     +4   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    They did an "organizing" video. Lol. Carrie's contribution is to get doors on your cabinets, instead of open shelving. For someone as unorganized and disinterested in the home as she is, doors will just hide her mess, not organize it.

8.     +4   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    She isn't a good mother. The kids look like they get up in the morning from wherever they were sleeping and put on whatever clothing is on the floor. How often do they bathe?

Does she have a washing machine or does he have her doing it old school? I'm always amazed at how much healthier and cleaner the father is than the rest of them.

9.     +3   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Boppo22 @ 15/12/2021, 19:43) 
    She isn't a good mother. The kids look like they get up in the morning from wherever they were sleeping and put on whatever clothing is on the floor. How often do they bathe?

Does she have a washing machine or does he have her doing it old school? I'm always amazed at how much healthier and cleaner the father is than the rest of them.

The last time they did a laundry review video, they showed a mini washer. Not sure if they still have that. The dad leaves the home so he has to look somewhat presentable, I guess. The last video, the boys and kip were doing some heavy outdoor work. Kip had working gloves, boots. The boys were barefoot, no work gloves.

Getting a system in place for laundry is not in Carrie's skillset. She's barely interested in it. One only needs to look at the kids to see that.

"Does he have her doing it old school?" It's tempting to blame him but fact is they're in this together. It's her choice to stay home and have all these kids as much as his. She said this is what she's always wanted. He whines about having to leave the house to go to work. She whines about all the home chores. Unfortunately going to work to support your ever growing family is part of the deal. So too is getting the chores and laundry done (or getting a system in place for everyone to do their part) if you're the one who chooses to stay home.

The only time she seems even slightly happy is when she's in the garden talking about her flower varieties. He never seems happy.

10. Whowhatwhen
        +4   Like  

User deleted

What kind of job does he have? It obviously doesn’t pay well.

I guess I can understand wanting to homestead or go off grid or whatever it is people do, usually after claiming bankruptcy or being completely broke. But what does having as many children as possible have to do with it? If artificial birth control is against their religion, maybe try natural birth control so you don’t wear your wife out or stretch yourself so tightly financially that you can’t properly care for the ones you have. It’s all fun and games when you film a brood of barefooted kids living in poverty and doing chores with a smile for the camera, but when there’s an emergency or a parent gets sick or dies, or the kids grow to adulthood with no marketable skills besides pulling weeds and shelling peas, who’s going to support them? The government (us) that they rail against? How much money did this large family receive this last year from the government, in addition to monthly stimulus checks that amounted to a great deal? Did they decline the money or donate it to the church or charity?

Sorry that I’m on a rant but Youtube has exposed a whole lot of families who make bad choices, then accept government cash while bitching about the evil rulers, go bankrupt and leave creditors screwed over, all while playing the holier than thou homesteady conservative Christian card. “For if a man does not know how to manage his own household, how can he care for the church of God.” Taking money from “Caesar”, not paying bills, and grifting from people online seems the opposite of how a man should live, in my opinion.

11.     +3   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Play dirt is one thing but, the kids are filthy and unkempt most of the time. Their hair is not taken care of. The house and yard are cluttered, and children are running around barefoot when the weather permits.

Those children work hard without proper safety equipment or shoes. They need goggles, gloves, shoes and sometimes a hard hat.

The children have no friends. The oldest looks almost homeless. His hair is greasy, and he looks like he is smelly. He has no sense of style or doesn't have access to new clothing.

There are too many fowl wandering around and close to the house, so I can only imagine how bad the play area stinks.

Apparently, the children are receiving a home school un-education.

I attended school with a young lady, a few grades ahead of me with alopecia. From 1st grade on, her parents made sure that she had cute well-made wigs. Little Esther deserves several nice wigs, however if she were gifted on, I don't believe they would let her wear them or if they did would not properly cared for. I also notice that one of the boys has partial alopecia with most of his hair being on the top

They are disgusting.

Edited by Twirly Squirrely - 12/17/2021, 11:12 AM

12.     +3   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    Carrie has said that they believe Esther has been "healed" of her alopecia and they are just waiting for the hair to come in.

13.     +2   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Just watched the kids channel 1000s of roots, now they have the second oldest child building his own home, I guess I would too if I had to live in that cramped dirty house with all those others squashed in there... but what a major hint that someone bought the younger child all those tools and now he is building his own house maybe someone will buy him some too... i wonder how long it took for the father to take ownership of all those tools

14.     +1   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    This family is weird weird weird The dad ran over one of the children, a boy, he was in a large cast, Kip is a DUMBASS! If your young child is running out to greet your truck when you get home WATCH WHERE HE IS DUMMY
    I watched the birth video😳😳😳😳 woman went in the bathroom fully clothed,stood in the bathtub baby slid out from under her dress, mom just went on with her business like it was nothing😳😳 Send money Send money Send money. The last I watched Kip worked part time for a cable tv company is he still working???

15.     +1   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    OMG.

864 replies since 2/9/2021, 23:06   93080 views