How Does Your Garden Grow?

« Older   Newer »

1.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group
    Being a beef eating bitch with the Italians and hiding from the FBI. Formally known as Lenore

Status
    Anonymous
    The ice storm was awful. I live in Portland and I know a lot of people who lost their power here and in other places like Eugene (my boss and manager did). Right now, my parking lot is all ice but on the plus side we have food, power and WIFI so no complaints here (although I am going stir crazy).

2.     +2   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Sandnsun2 @ 1/18/2024, 02:43 PM)
    QUOTE (ID**’tEatSugar @ 30/12/2023, 18:20) 
    Thanks, Quail! The first one did so here's hoping! I also found out this week that I have degenerative disc disease in my back. Gardening is my physical and mental therapy.

Congratulations on your promotion! :cheering-clapping-smiley-emotic

I also have degenerative disc disease. If you haven't heard of it, I suggest researching Prolotherapy. I did that 10years ago and it was very successful for me. I am the type that wants to avoid surgery, so it was double successful, imo.

Huh, I've never heard of that. I just took a look and had a chuckle. The article listed 5 conditions in which it is used to help with pain. I have all 5. :running_around_smiley_emoticon: Do I win a prize?? :hearty-laugh:

I'm glad it helped you! :hug:

Everyone continue to stay safe this winter!!!!

3.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Sandnsun2 @ 18/1/2024, 20:43) 
    QUOTE (ID**’tEatSugar @ 30/12/2023, 18:20) 
    Thanks, Quail! The first one did so here's hoping! I also found out this week that I have degenerative disc disease in my back. Gardening is my physical and mental therapy.

Congratulations on your promotion! :cheering-clapping-smiley-emotic

I also have degenerative disc disease. If you haven't heard of it, I suggest researching Prolotherapy. I did that 10years ago and it was very successful for me. I am the type that wants to avoid surgery, so it was double successful, imo.

Oh! My uncle did that and it was amazing!! I hadn't heard of anyone else who had done it until now.

QUOTE (PhotoshoppedlikeJenny @ 18/1/2024, 23:38) 
    The ice storm was awful. I live in Portland and I know a lot of people who lost their power here and in other places like Eugene (my boss and manager did). Right now, my parking lot is all ice but on the plus side we have food, power and WIFI so no complaints here (although I am going stir crazy).

Portland got hit pretty hard too!! I'm West of Eugene by about 40 minutes. It's very slushy and yucky here and hwy 126 keeps getting closed as well as 36. They might be open now I'm not sure. Hope all is back to normal soon.

4. Sandnsun2
        +1   Like  

User deleted

Has anyone planted paperwhite bulbs? I tried them last year and they came out beautiful! I love the thought of blooming flowers at this time of year.
    Last year I found them when I walked into Trader Joe’s. They were in a glass planter. I brought them home and they bloomed a day or two later.

5.     +2   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    I did paperwhites and amaryllis this year. My paperwhites turned out great. My amaryllis are just now blooming but one of the bloom stalks fell over and broke. It's a beautiful white one. :cry:

I need to look up how to save them over so I can do them again next year.

6. Sandnsun2
        +3   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (ID**’tEatSugar @ 19/1/2024, 18:45) 
    I did paperwhites and amaryllis this year. My paperwhites turned out great. My amaryllis are just now blooming but one of the bloom stalks fell over and broke. It's a beautiful white one. :cry:

I need to look up how to save them over so I can do them again next year.

Linda on New England Fine Living has a video on Paperwhites, including how to reuse them.

7.     Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    Anyone here good with houseplants? Terrariums? I have questions. :yellow-laughing-smiley-emoticon

8.     Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group
    Being a beef eating bitch with the Italians and hiding from the FBI. Formally known as Lenore

Status
    Anonymous
    I went to look at my garden beds and ran back. They need so much weeding. Thankfully, it has been raining but I do need to get it done. I think I am going to do a pickling/salsa garden this year.

9.     +1   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    I can’t bear to look at my garden/flower beds. There are SO many weeds. :cry: and I can’t get out and take care of them because of my sloooowww recovery from my knee replacement. All of my hard work the past 2 years or so and now it’s just awful. :cry:

10.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Oh no! If I lived close I would help out.

11. Sandnsun2
        +2   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (ID**’tEatSugar @ 28/4/2024, 23:00) 
    I can’t bear to look at my garden/flower beds. There are SO many weeds. :cry: and I can’t get out and take care of them because of my sloooowww recovery from my knee replacement. All of my hard work the past 2 years or so and now it’s just awful. :cry:

My friend told me about Iwanttomowyourlawn.com and Im looking into something similar to volunteer in our area. Maybe there is something like that near you? Or someone you could hire for a few hours that loves gardening?

https://iwanttomowyourlawn.com/volunteer/

12. Sandnsun2
        +2   Like  

User deleted

Also on the Next door app people are posting looking for yard cleanup or landscaper for our garden.
    Maybe sign up and find someone in your area?

13.     +2   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    That’s a good idea 👍🏻

237 replies since 4/10/2021, 17:30   8102 views