« Older   Newer »

1.     +8   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    And really, you all saw her disgusting, wet “ponytail”(I use the term loosely. Actual pigs’ tails are thicker than that). Would you want her taking her hat off?

I’m willing to bet she only rinsed off when she got back to the hotel. :sick:

2.     +12   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (DollarTreeRich @ 16/10/2021, 16:18) 
    She'd have been happier just going to Disney sans kids.

She'd find something to bitch about. Perpetual victim

3.     +6   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    QUOTE (IDon'tEatSugar @ 16/10/2021, 19:36) 
    And really, you all saw her disgusting, wet “ponytail”(I use the term loosely. Actual pigs’ tails are thicker than that). Would you want her taking her hat off?

I bet she didn’t even bother doing that. She probably got changed and went straight to the spa.

4.     +7   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Party of 7 @ 10/16/2021, 01:42 PM) 
    QUOTE (IDon'tEatSugar @ 16/10/2021, 19:36) 

I bet she didn’t even bother doing that. She probably got changed and went straight to the spa.

Those poor spa workers

5.     +4   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    QUOTE (IDon'tEatSugar @ 16/10/2021, 19:44) 
    QUOTE (Party of 7 @ 10/16/2021, 01:42 PM) 

Those poor spa workers

Oops, I meant the hot tub… but spa works as well 😆

6.     +2   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Jens George Washington Curls @ 16/10/2021, 08:18) 
    QUOTE (ShiseidoCottonPad @ 16/10/2021, 07:17) 
    pushed to the worst table and treated with disdain, like Jen ad infinitumScreenshot_2021-10-16_1

Jen climbs for hours all the way to the top of the mountain when she could take a gondola, whines and complains and cries to her camera alone at the back of the restaurant, and then proceeds to eat a grand total of 5 shrimp at the top of said mountain restaurant?! Geezus...

Did she only order a non-vegan starter?????

7.     +6   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    5 prawns and some garlic mayo is definitely what you need after a 5 mile hike.

I almost feel bad for her. She is so addicted to exercise she has to take trips to places she can physically punish herself.

8.     +6   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group
    Waiting for the Pirate PoPo to beat down my door and press charges. Still waiting...

Status
    TellingUsToFuckOffWithWonderBecauseTheBakeryStoleHerThunderLikeJen

9.     +22   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Just a thought, as. British tourist.
    I have been all over the World, paid for by my own hard work.
    America dozens of times both for work and pleasure.

I have to say that America is the one place in the World with friendliness and politeness everywhere all the time.

In fact, coming back into London Heathrow, buying whatever at the kiosk, comes as a bit of a shock!! It does seem very rude, even to me.

I can see how Gene would think it was rude in Italy.
    However, she has been to Italy before. We know from the last trip that she moaned, whined and complained the whole time.

So - WHY DID SHE CHOOSE TO GO BACK?????

10.     +21   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Screen_Shot_2021-10-16_at_9_0

Jen was not the only person at that restaurant with a hat on. I think the seat she was given was about the lack of reservations and the whole party-of-one does not get to take up a table for more when it's crowded.

My amateur opinion is that she wanted/needed validation for her accomplishment of hiking that far at altitude , and she didn't get it, and she was smarting from that.

She didn't read the fine print on her tickets stating "Warning, you have purchased a vacation in the real world, and are not going to the bubble of The Happiest Place on EarthTM...everyone does not get a prize here, and nobody's job description is to pretend that you are royalty".

11.     +17   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group
    Laughing at idiot Bakers pretending they aren't jealous of millionaire Jen.

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (ConfusedLikeJen @ 10/16/2021, 08:05 PM) 
    However, she has been to Italy before. We know from the last trip that she moaned, whined and complained the whole time.

So - WHY DID SHE CHOOSE TO GO BACK?????

Maybe she wanted to show Don that it was HIM who made her last trip there so miserable and not the country. Of course that backfired completely. I still don't know why she left all that stuff in the video about the restaurant and dissing Italians. That's not the way to give off the "living well is the best revenge" vibes.

12.     +7   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (cookbookcustody @ 15/10/2021, 20:31) 
    QUOTE (SteamingPileOfClaundry @ 10/15/2021, 10:49 AM) 
    I would have been embarrassed to go and eat in a public place when I was so sweaty that I could feel the sweat in my skin.
    And then wearing a hat in doors, talking to her phone/camera, thanking the waiter in English. Rude bitch.

She is pathetic. I wonder if she was missing Don when she cried. I guess he was the one who usually took care of things and demanded princess treatment for her.

I think maybe American culture is more laid back as far as dress codes etc? If most people were getting a cable car up there to have a nice lunch, then even not sweaty what she was wearing was probably not appropriate.

Yes! Exactly! I would HATE for anyone to see me that gross and stinky. At the very least I would have brought a change of clothes, brush, and wash cloth then looked for an individual bathroom to freshen up in. Give yourself a good wipe down, pull that gross hair up in a high bun, then slap on some lipstick and a set of fresh clothes. Also, greet the people at the restaurant in their own language. Make an attempt at least.

Although, with all that effort, I would probably have gone to the trouble to make a reservation as well.

Or, even easier - plan to eat at the restaurant the day you just take the cable car up (and are fresh to go in) and plan a lunch on hike day.

As someone who loves hiking, I generally prefer to just find a nice spot to fully apreciate all the view I hiked for, while sitting IN it. I also hate going to a restaurant (or museum) while all gross from sport. It's just not enjoyable, IMO. Then again, I shower after training, before going out in public.

13.     +39   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    I imagine Don watching this a breathing a deep sigh of relief 😁

14.     +20   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Clueless @ 16/10/2021, 20:10) 
    Screen_Shot_2021-10-16_at_9_0

Jen was not the only person at that restaurant with a hat on. I think the seat she was given was about the lack of reservations and the whole party-of-one does not get to take up a table for more when it's crowded.

My amateur opinion is that she wanted/needed validation for her accomplishment of hiking that far at altitude , and she didn't get it, and she was smarting from that.

She didn't read the fine print on her tickets stating "Warning, you have purchased a vacation in the real world, and are not going to the bubble of The Happiest Place on EarthTM...everyone does not get a prize here, and nobody's job description is to pretend that you are royalty".

Right. And everyone looks to be wearing casual, day-hiker type clothes. I even see a couple of backpacks.

It wasn’t about what she was wearing or that she was sweaty after her hike. (And, again, to keep on about what she was wearing & how she was sweaty after her hike just really feels unnecessarily mean to me.)

She didn’t have a reservation, & she was a party of 1.

And Jen, who has very low self-esteem & is socially awkward & is the type to think that everyone everywhere is looking at her or judging her, was overly tired. She had also had nothing to eat but a bag of mini muffins before her trek up the mountain. So she was tired & physically depleted.

And her emotions were running high. And she let her perceptions color the reality of the situation. She felt like she was deliberately seated away from everyone else & stuck in the corner.

And, yes, she wasn’t getting the Americanized Disney treatment w/ which she’s familiar & which, if she’s honest w/ herself, prefers.

She also wanted her insta-worthy shot of her meal in front of an uninterrupted vista. And she didn’t get it, so, therefore, in Jen’s mind, the entire experience was ruined.

She’s in Italy w/o the buffer of another person traveling w/ her as well. So she has no one (1) to talk her down & (2) to hide behind.

As an aside, I wasn’t familiar w/ the Dolomites, so I googled & found a delightful travel blog all about the Dolomites & the breath-taking natural beauty, the wonderful culture, the welcoming people, & the delicious farm-to-table food w/ local ingredients… cheese-filled pastas & applesauce pancakes….

Jen is really showing us none of that.

I would just be in a total state of giddiness w/ the gorgeous-ness of everything.

And I just can’t believe Jen is content w/ her grocery store PB & J. She could never ever be a “Eat, Pray, Love” traveler because she’s too rigid to ever really let go & just soak everything in & fully immerse herself into any kind of experience.

15.     +16   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    QUOTE (JudgyPants @ 16/10/2021, 09:24) 
    You know, I bet by day 4 Jen had rung Don to complain about all the injustices she’s suffered in Italy, fully expecting at the very least a sympathetic ear, if not a couple of phone calls where Don pulls some strings and magically makes everything better.

Unfortunately sweet boy Donald is sadly no longer available so crying to the camera it is!

Nope… She would never because she has to play the part that her life is so much better without him. Calling him to complain or wanting a sympathetic ear would mean conceding to the fact that she’s miserable and misses him and her life before she blew it up.

I will die on the hill that they never speak about anything except exchanging the kids…
    I don’t think Don Wants anything to do with that lunatic.

949 replies since 14/10/2021, 23:42   102812 views