Darling Desi

« Older   Newer »

1.     +2   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    I used to like her. But lately everytime I watch a video of hers or see a story from her, it's about CONSUMPTION. Expensive clothes, purchasing books all the time (which is fine, to an extent).. I feel like I connected to her because she used to find beauty in what's already there, romanticizing your life. Now it all feels too "extravagant" for me. Every video feels like an ad or an invitation to spend more money.

2.     Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Her materialism/consumerism is so off-putting!

3.     Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I haven't been watching her IG stories but what does this mean? 2 weeks until they leave for England and they still don't have their visas?

z-17147791531726

4.     Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    How does that work? They go with their passport and just wait until they get their visas? If they don’t get them in a certain period do they have to come back?

5.     Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    So this isn't making much sense apart from that they would be on tourist visas and are passing them off to viewers as if they are actually moving.

She hasn't really broken down her visa journey so how she is pulling this off doesn't make much sense as it's super irresponsible to be packing up and leaving if waiting for a LTR type visa. If you get rejected you ain't going anywhere.

6.     Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    It's all very confusing. Now I wish I had been paying better attention to her IG stories. Aren't passports held while you're waiting for a visa?

7.     +3   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    QUOTE (ID**’tEatSugar @ 4/5/2024, 03:40) 
    How does that work? They go with their passport and just wait until they get their visas? If they don’t get them in a certain period do they have to come back?

Yes, pretty much. I believe the max a person can stay is 6 months. Now the balance to this is that once your 6 months is up you have to leave and then can't re-enter the country for 6 months after that.

When you are awaiting a visa that is for entering the UK say for longer than that you aren't allowed to travel, especially to the UK until you are approved.

If you do they basically flag you at the border check and put you on the next flight home.

This is why I have a feeling that they are shipping themselves over on a tourist visa and pretending it is a full on move.

The other thing as previously mentioned is setting up a business in the UK. You can't enter the country as a tourist, set up a business and then use it as a means to say hire yourself with the business you own as the sponsor.

This then makes me wonder about the religious side of it. Isn't her husband a missionary or something? I'm not sure how religion works in regards to visas but other types of sectors have been abused by using religion as an excuse.

We will just have to watch this journey with interest. It smells super, duper fishy though.

8.     Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    Thank you for explaining, Cake.

Her husband wouldn’t still be a missionary I don’t think. Mormons only go on their mission for 2 years before college and/or marriage and I believe he already did his.

9.     +3   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Putting together the puzzle pieces, this makes sense, Cake: "I have a feeling that they are shipping themselves over on a tourist visa and pretending it is a full on move."

Desi & Jared just come off as so inept about a lot of things, like the sweatshirt merch. Even though they've "lived abroad" I have a feeling they haven't actually dealt with visa stuff. Except for his missionary work, but I imagine the church handled that. I'm just speculating.

I don't really consider it moving/relocating somewhere when all you're doing is a long-term airbnb, whether that's in the US or abroad :embarrassed-smile-smiley-emotic

10.     +2   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group
    Making myself feel better by spewing negativity

Status
    Anonymous
    A six-month stay makes sense- head over there, make a few videos romanticizing summer and autumn in the UK, and then go home.

189 replies since 1/12/2021, 02:05   75882 views