« Older   Newer »

1.     +30   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    when I first moved into my house there was this really old wooden shed in the backyard that was literally falling over. no windows, etc.

HOW MUCH MONEY COULD I HAVE MADE FROM THAT THING?!

I wouldn't have minded throwing a bed in there to make it more of a *gem* a few little rustic decor pieces...

2.     +13   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group
    Building my forever daughter-in-law collection

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (seabassJr @ 2/11/2022, 11:13 AM) 
    I know I’ve said this before but I really appreciate Jen’s (unintentionally) authentic vlogging. We see what places really look like versus Insta-perfect.

I’m over thigh-gap girls in leggings and pom pom hats posing with arms spread where super blue water meets a soaring mountain capped with snow.

I enjoyed her video of the rust belt in winter. It’s not pretty. And the little town which is likely a blend of amish, Mennonite, and “English.”

I even enjoyed seeing the treehouse without the lipstick that’s put over most of these places - you see how they’ve electrified and brought in plumbing - because it’s completely exposed.

I hate to say it but I’m enjoying traveling Jen. The thing is, though, I don’t think authenticity is what she’s going for. She’s running somewhere, anywhere to try to outrun reality no matter what she claims.

There is that. Jen, even with her heavily edited and filtered videos, shows just how grim these outings are. And they are GRIMMMMMMMM

3.     +28   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    In the Powder Room Sharing with Wonder 🙌🌎🦋🏆

Status
    Anonymous
    I love all this crazy Jen stuff. Sitting in her car suddenly realising her tasty bakery treat will give her the shits later.

4.     +24   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    $159/night. Seriously ridiculous.

5.     +11   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    For $159 she could go stay at her beloved chain hotel of choice, Holiday Inn, per her experience in Orlando.

6.     +17   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    I took a look at their other treehouses. One is called The Shack. lol

7.     +27   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    At the beginning of the video, she almost sounds… I don’t know… a little high or tipsy like she’s on something.

At the end of the video, her eyes are either sleep-swollen or been-crying-swollen.

And, in all her almost 40 years, she’s been so insular & so focused on only herself, that she’s (1) never seen blinds in between the glass planes in a window, (2) never seen chocolate-covered peanut butter crackers, & (3) doesn’t know anything about the Amish.

She also has no clear idea exactly where she is in Ohio - had to add in a correction to the video for the town’s name - and has no real understanding of longitude & latitude.

If I were her mother watching this video, I’d be mortified & wondering how on earth I went so wrong in preparing my daughter for living in the world.

Also, at the end of the video, Jen pontificates on how, while it may seem “odd” for her to take these weekend jaunts so frequently, it’s really not because these little trips have been so needed in her emotional journey…. Blah, blah, blah.

Jennifer - Taking weekend trips is not necessarily odd. What is ODD though is your seeming fascination & intrigue w/ these random AirBnB places in the middle of nowhere in the middle of gray winter.

Unless you’re some place very picturesque, like some snowy cabin in the mountains or some tropical getaway w/ palm trees, most everywhere is going to look worse in the middle of winter… especially on a cold, gray, dreary day.

So maaaayyyybeee your little a-frame treehouse is better in the spring w/ flowers or in the fall w/ all the leaves, but, on a cloudy weekend in December, it looked abysmal.

And that bathtub was HORRID.

(As a side note, I will NEVER understand Jen’s lack of concern for germs in all the various hotels & tiny houses where’s she stayed.)

Anyway, to a certain extent, I get it, Jen. Whether you’re willing to admit it or not, when your kids aren’t there, you’re alone in a big, empty house w/ all your thoughts, so you’re running to escape your life you’ve ruined.

But, dear God… go somewhere pretty! A spa, a snowy cabin in the mountains, a beach resort w/ a pool guy to bring you drinks…

The best revenge is living your best life.

And heating up a sad frozen dinner in a sad microwave in a sad treehouse in the middle of a sad winter forest on a sad, cold dreary weekend is NOT living your best life.

Also, here’s an idea - if you ever find yourself needing to make some money, you could always consider doing a coffee table book of bathtub photos from all your little AirBnBs.

8. Derf
        +4   Like  

User deleted

her comments speak volumes first there is hardly any there second people either head pat her or question her mental sanity.

9.     +17   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    I am so grossed out. Jen, I hope you are up to date on your tetanus shot. That tub is an infection waiting to happen...

:sick:

10.     +3   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    Wasn’t going to watch but Omg Dundee Ohio is where I got my dog...from a Mennonite family 😂
    (Editing to add since someone mentioned it...not from a puppy mill!)

We love going to that area in Ohio. I’m sure she will make it look miserable and depressing. It’s actually really nice. Except everything closes at 5pm.

Edited by poppedintowholefoods - 2/11/2022, 09:16 PM

11.     +5   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (poppedintowholefoods @ 11/2/2022, 21:00) 
    Wasn’t going to watch but Omg Dundee Ohio is where I got my dog...from a Mennonite family 😂

We love going to that area in Ohio. I’m sure she will make it look miserable and depressing. It’s actually really nice. Except everything closes at 5pm.

Mennonite???

Bertha won't know anything about the Mennonite community!

I have never met anyone so willfully ignorant in all my life.

Did she go to school?
    Aha she went to school and daydreamed the whole way through!!

12.     +4   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    QUOTE (OregonizingQueen @ 11/2/2022, 19:47) 
    We have a beautiful treehouse resort in southern Oregon. This is what a treehouse that you pay to stay in should look like. I’m not sure of their pooch policy though.
    However, if you are looking for a bargain, you can stay in the treehouse in our wooded backyard for $10. I’ll throw in a pee/poop bucket (with a matching designer pee rag) and a cooler to store your food for no extra charge. Great Wi-Fi too!

And complimentary cannabis 🤣

This is a cannabis friendly treehouse rental. All guests must be at least 21 years of age or older to stay. The treehouse accommodates up to 4 people, the rental comes with some complimentary cannabis and a garden tour(when available-please note tours are NOT guaranteed

https://abnb.me/Y8fWwDylznb

13.     +31   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group
    Utah log prison placing dead ravens under all the mattresses.

Status
    One of these days she’s going to bring back some friends from all these trips…..bed bugs. She might also end up with the famous bulls eye tick bite. Then we will get to experience ALL the whining.

14.     +34   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    JEN let water touch that RUSTY bathtub drain, and then touch her HOO-HA?

15.     +36   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    ☑ yeast infection
    ☑ ringworm
    ☑ plantar warts
    ☑ bedbugs
    ☑ pink eye

903 replies since 10/2/2022, 18:34   113936 views