The Mills Family: Tom Mills lives in a shoe box, Wastes his time and talks bollox - Part 19

« Older   Newer »

1.     +2   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Liberal Grandma @ 2/15/2022, 10:30 PM) 
    I think Subway makes salads in addition to sandwiches. Thomas may want to check those out.

I'm sure he HAS to have his bread!

2.     +4   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    why does this article remind me of Tommo & his kids????????

School is cancelled tomorrow because not all kids have parents like YOU. Some schools are cancelled due to cold temperatures. You're right, buses can drive in the cold. You're right, teachers can teach in the cold. You're right, lunch attendants can cook in the cold. However, the real reason school is cancelled is because not all kids have parents like you.
    Not all kids get a ride to school, some walk (A Mile) the entire way. Not all kids get to sit in a warm car while they wait on the bus to come to their stop. Not all kids get to stand at the front door and run down the driveway when the bus pulls up. Not all kids have coats because not all kids have parents like you. Some don't have a parent to harass them about wearing thick socks and boots, instead of sneakers (holes in them) without socks. Many children don't have a parent who will check the weather the night before school to ensure their child wears a heavy coat and gloves (they never have gloves). As you complain about having to find alternative daycare for your child because you think the school administration is just "too lazy" or "weak" to get out in the cold...remember MANY children are thankful that they don't have to go out & FREEZE, walk a mile to & from school, risk their health & safety...because their parents haven't gotten them a coat or done laundry so that they have socks to wear.
    When your child outgrows a coat, hat or gloves, reach out to your local schools and ask if there are kids who don't have these items. I GUARANTEE, they will be able to find a home for them & it will put a smile on a very grateful young child's face!

3.     +7   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (passerby @ 15/2/2022, 21:56) 
    I noticed during the latest live dinner that down at the other end of the table where the 'big boys' sit, they each had a real glass for their milk.

Tom still used his large plastic beaker and Eden still had the tiny toddler cup but minus the sippy top.

I wondered if Thomas bought a set of four glasses so he and Asher, Judah and Justus could ditch the toddler cups? If so, I hope his next rebellious purchase is to buy 4 proper plates so the colour coded prison plates could also be dumped.

Judging by the size of Thomas, I think his presence at the meal table is a token gesture to appease his Father but that he's buying his own food for real sustenance. Well, lots of sustenance, to be more accurate!

Why is a 20-year-old drinking milk anyways? I mean of course anyone can come in to drink milk but it’s not healthy don’t even get me started on that rampage. But maybe more water less milk….
    I will never understand this family‘s fascination with milk. You can get good calcium from kale , green beans. and spinach lol oh wait they wouldn’t ever

4.     +6   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    The only reason they would drink it is out of habit or they like the taste. I don't think I ever enjoyed milk with meals because it leaves a film in the mouth. Unquenching to me.

5.     +9   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Tommo named the pickiest eaters in their family during the live dinner and he made the reality of the entire "picky eaters" situation very clear. He said the pickiest eaters are Solly and Sophia! Two kids out of 9 isnt bad. But listening to Tommo making excuses and preaching about how "THEY" dont like this and that .... all the time, its easy to think ALL the kids are super picky. They are not.

Thomas, Eden and Hannah look like they would eat the table if they were hungry enough. Asher always liked very plain food, but he eats a good variety of foods. Judah likes to eat healthy but it looks like he eats a good variety of foods too. Justus also looks like he eats pretty much anything.

The one who makes ALL the decisions about what "they" eat and what "they" like and dont like, is.....TOMMO! Its about what HE likes and doesn't like and what HE is willing and unwilling to try.

Its SO easy to tell everybody he is "scared" of the crockpot. I call BS! He is very happy to make pizzas and dessert pizzas and cinnamon rolls and tapioca pudding and toffee.....because HE wants to, because.....he likes those things. Its just easier for him to make a big sad drama out of the crock pot and say he is scared of it. Then folks see a poor sad single Daddy of 9 kids sitting there looking all helpless and scared. That is BS! He HATES veggies and stews and he has no interest in using a crockpot. If the crockpot made pizza......he would use the crockpot every day.

Notice how when he says something like he doesn't know how to make soup.....he follows that with a comment that everybody is gonna send him recipes for soup. He LOVES that attention because it also keeps folks interacting with the channel, and that means more you tube money for Tommo. He LOVES to sit there and say how he much he wants to figure out Andrea's recipe cards and start using them again. And then he puts on that sad and whiny voice he uses......and says most of the cards dont have actual recipes on them....so he doesn't know HOW to use them. More BS! He can Google recipes like everybody else in the world. He just doesn't want to. He doesn't want to learn how to make soup and stews and healthy meals. Because HE doesn't like them. So he plays his "I'm a man......I don't know how to do those things!" game. Maybe that worked right after Andrea passed. It sure doesn't work now. He doesn't want to know and he doesn't want to learn how to do those things.

The pickiest eater in that house is Tommo and he is passing ALL his pickiness and food fears on to the kids. If somebody like Solly sees their Dad saying "BLAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHHH" and making faces like he is being poisoned.....will Solly want to try something new? Nope!

Somebody asked in the comments during the last live dinner if Tommo ever tried BBQ chicken pizza? He said he had not but it sounded "fun". Notice how he did not say.....oh nooooo, I can't do that.....I'm scared!!! Its PIZZA. He loves pizza.

He is ok with making dough using yeast and proofing it and then making pizza from scratch. He is ok making bread rolls and cinnamon rolls and dessert pizzas and toffee and tapioca pudding. He isn't scared to make any of them. Because he LIKES them. He loves to eat them.

After Andrea passed Tommo also said the kids didn't like salsa. Or apple sauce. The KIDS corrected him and told him they DID like salsa and apple sauce. Tommo never noticed what the kids ate when Andrea was alive. He just sat at the table shoveling cheese, pizza, chips and milk in his mouth and wiping his hands on his pants.

Its Tommo who makes the decisions what the kids like and what they dont like. Not the kids. He TELLS them what they like and what they dont like and what they WONT like. He even said in the last live dinner that Claudia could be picky, but she usually eats the food anyway.

The only person who is responsible for whatever pickiness there is, is Tommo! The overgrown toddler with "issues".

If his GF is the one encouraging him to try all these different foods....she is gonna have a blast if she marries him. He will NEVER change. She's gonna be buying her own food and cooking her own meals using the foods she likes to eat because Tommo will be sitting opposite her at the table playing with his melted cheese and chips and his big blue plastic cup of milk......eating something different to everybody else....just like he did when Andrea was there.

6.     +7   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    It seems like he's trying to act open minded about food for her sake. He's trying to impress her. This is his way of wooing her. He thinks he is showing a willingness to change. I bet by the third meal she makes he will be back to "blah" and eating his usual junk unaware of what everyone else eats.

7.     +9   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    I have not watched the live dinner yet, just finishing up the live shopping…
    Had to come and comment on Tom and talking about tickling. He is so dumb. There is just no other words.
    He thinks you can’t tickle yourself because it’s a trust thing. That you trust yourself. WTH???
    No Tom…it’s called the cerebellum and it’s at the base of the brain. It monitors movement. It knows the difference between expected sensations and unexpected. So when you think ‘oh…let me try to tickle myself.’ Your brain knows this contact is coming and prepares for it. It takes away that feeling of unease and panic and doesn’t respond the same way as someone else tickling you.
    Goodness Tom…. ‘Cause you trust yourself’ 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

8.     +4   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Cannoli @ 2/16/2022, 02:12 AM) 
    It seems like he's trying to act open minded about food for her sake. He's trying to impress her. This is his way of wooing her. He thinks he is showing a willingness to change. I bet by the third meal she makes he will be back to "blah" and eating his usual junk unaware of what everyone else eats.

I agree. That's exactly what he did with April too. She treated him like an overgrown toddler trying to encourage him to try veggies and eat different foods. She also cooked healthy meals for him and his kids....roasts with veggies...and the kids liked them. She said Thomas and the older boys ate seconds. Tommo once again made it all about him as he sat there and made a big deal about it all and said dumb stuff like "I sat very close to a veggie, I even smelled that veggie". He behaves like an overgrown toddler. Solly is more mature than Tommo. Solly is a thinker...he is a polite, gentle, very smart little boy who is a million times more intelligent and mature than his "Daddy". Solly also knows how to use two words none of the others use...."Please" and THANK YOU.

If Cinderella thinks ole Tommo is gonna change, she is in for a big shock because he will never change.

That is why I also think he must be taking statins or other meds if he cut his triglycerides by more than half in a year. This is how the Mayo Clinic recommends folks can reduce triglycerides through life style changes.......

"What's the best way to lower triglycerides?
    Healthy lifestyle choices are key:

Exercise regularly. Aim for at least 30 minutes of physical activity on most or all days of the week. Regular exercise can lower triglycerides and boost "good" cholesterol. Try to incorporate more physical activity into your daily tasks — for example, climb the stairs at work or take a walk during breaks.
    Avoid sugar and refined carbohydrates. Simple carbohydrates, such as sugar and foods made with white flour or fructose, can increase triglycerides.
    Lose weight. If you have mild to moderate hypertriglyceridemia, focus on cutting calories. Extra calories are converted to triglycerides and stored as fat. Reducing your calories will reduce triglycerides.
    Choose healthier fats. Trade saturated fat found in meats for healthier fat found in plants, such as olive and canola oils. Instead of red meat, try fish high in omega-3 fatty acids — such as mackerel or salmon. Avoid trans fats or foods with hydrogenated oils or fats."

That is from the Mayo Clinic website.

Tommo doesn't exercise. He used to go for bike rides....he quit doing that. 30 minutes of physical activity is recommended everyday to reduce triglycerides.

Avoid sugar and refined carbohydrates.....white flour gets a special mention. He LIVES on sugar and refined carbs and white flour.

Lose weight. Looks like he gained weight. He looks so bloated also.

He HATES fish and he does not eat any. He takes a fish oil supplement (when he remembers to, I guess).

So I bet he takes statins and that's how he lowered his tryglycerides because he hasn't changed a thing about how he eats. I also wonder if he has type 2 diabetes, or is pre-diabetic?

I wonder if Thomas ever had blood work done? It looks like he needs to. Based on everything Tommo said about how Thomas eats and the foods he eats, Thomas should take care. He carries his grandpa's genes and he looks just like Tommo's father who passed suddenly from a heart attack when he was a young man. If Thomas is living on Subway subs and eating frozen pizzas late at night, he should take care because he could also be at risk for heart disease and diabetes as a young man. "Daddy" really helped didn't he.....when he bought Thomas his own personal pizza oven for beside his computer, so he can heat up a frozen pizza without even having to walk upstairs now. Thomas can stay sitting in his chair and keep on playing his computer games while his frozen pizza heats up right there beside him. Then he can eat it all....and go to bed.

Tommo is a real genius isn't he!

9.     +10   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Dream Big @ 16/2/2022, 03:14) 
    QUOTE (Cannoli @ 2/16/2022, 02:12 AM) 

I agree. That's exactly what he did with April too. She treated him like an overgrown toddler trying to encourage him to try veggies and eat different foods. She also cooked healthy meals for him and his kids....roasts with veggies...and the kids liked them. She said Thomas and the older boys ate seconds. Tommo once again made it all about him as he sat there and made a big deal about it all and said dumb stuff like "I sat very close to a veggie, I even smelled that veggie". He behaves like an overgrown toddler. Solly is more mature than Tommo. Solly is a thinker...he is a polite, gentle, very smart little boy who is a million times more intelligent and mature than his "Daddy". Solly also knows how to use two words none of the others use...."Please" and THANK YOU.

If Cinderella thinks ole Tommo is gonna change, she is in for a big shock because he will never change.

That is why I also think he must be taking statins or other meds if he cut his triglycerides by more than half in a year. This is how the Mayo Clinic recommends folks can reduce triglycerides through life style changes.......

"What's the best way to lower triglycerides?
    Healthy lifestyle choices are key:

Exercise regularly. Aim for at least 30 minutes of physical activity on most or all days of the week. Regular exercise can lower triglycerides and boost "good" cholesterol. Try to incorporate more physical activity into your daily tasks — for example, climb the stairs at work or take a walk during breaks.
    Avoid sugar and refined carbohydrates. Simple carbohydrates, such as sugar and foods made with white flour or fructose, can increase triglycerides.
    Lose weight. If you have mild to moderate hypertriglyceridemia, focus on cutting calories. Extra calories are converted to triglycerides and stored as fat. Reducing your calories will reduce triglycerides.
    Choose healthier fats. Trade saturated fat found in meats for healthier fat found in plants, such as olive and canola oils. Instead of red meat, try fish high in omega-3 fatty acids — such as mackerel or salmon. Avoid trans fats or foods with hydrogenated oils or fats."

That is from the Mayo Clinic website.

Tommo doesn't exercise. He used to go for bike rides....he quit doing that. 30 minutes of physical activity is recommended everyday to reduce triglycerides.

Avoid sugar and refined carbohydrates.....white flour gets a special mention. He LIVES on sugar and refined carbs and white flour.

Lose weight. Looks like he gained weight. He looks so bloated also.

He HATES fish and he does not eat any. He takes a fish oil supplement (when he remembers to, I guess).

So I bet he takes statins and that's how he lowered his tryglycerides because he hasn't changed a thing about how he eats. I also wonder if he has type 2 diabetes, or is pre-diabetic?

I wonder if Thomas ever had blood work done? It looks like he needs to. Based on everything Tommo said about how Thomas eats and the foods he eats, Thomas should take care. He carries his grandpa's genes and he looks just like Tommo's father who passed suddenly from a heart attack when he was a young man. If Thomas is living on Subway subs and eating frozen pizzas late at night, he should take care because he could also be at risk for heart disease and diabetes as a young man. "Daddy" really helped didn't he.....when he bought Thomas his own personal pizza oven for beside his computer, so he can heat up a frozen pizza without even having to walk upstairs now. Thomas can stay sitting in his chair and keep on playing his computer games while his frozen pizza heats up right there beside him. Then he can eat it all....and go to bed.

Tommo is a real genius isn't he!

I had many talks with tom about health and nutrition and he always had to prove me wrong. Or he would say “says who tho”? Or tells me the data is always changing on what’s good and bad ..he also once told me that he doesn’t believe in anyone who is proficient in anything .. like the “professionals” .. he doesn’t care what they say or think. He basically denies science I guess. It was frustrating as heck. But I tried lol but you can’t help someone who doesn’t wanna be helped!

10.     +10   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Hollydolly088 It's all an excuse to get to do what you want. He thinks he has no consequences. He is feeling them now. Will feel them worse in the future. I'm talking about from his diet.
    Thomas really needs to consider that if he ever wants a girlfriend, he may need to try to look good. Young girls like fit boys. He could probably even eat mostly the same but work out. He should join a gym and get a trainer. If he tried a different lifestyle for two months he would feel so much better. He would even tell Tom that he should give it a try too.

11.     +6   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Cannoli @ 16/2/2022, 03:26) 
    Hollydolly088 It's all an excuse to get to do what you want. He thinks he has no consequences. He is feeling them now. Will feel them worse in the future. I'm talking about from his diet.
    Thomas really needs to consider that if he ever wants a girlfriend, he may need to try to look good. Young girls like fit boys. He could probably even eat mostly the same but work out. He should join a gym and get a trainer. If he tried a different lifestyle for two months he would feel so much better. He would even tell Tom that he should give it a try too.

Thought the same. No1 wants a man with a big belly hanging out and dressing that way well wouldn’t lol I like a super fit man and dresses nice nice.

12.     +4   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    I would encourage Kitty to drop off a hearty lunchtime, reasonably healthy meal without making a big deal of doing so a couple of times a week. I’ll bet it is mostly eaten by bedtime. Better yet if it’s one the kids could replicate themselves.

13.     +3   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    There is nothing sweeter than Mother & baby/toddler time. Daily bathtub time is a part of bedtime routine, & a time to talk & laugh, for floating toys. Mine loved two plastic cups)), one is smaller. They'd float little people(( in the H2⁰-filled cups, toys & give then a bath too ! I read a Golden Book's sometimes, with them in a tub. We learned to count, &I'd fake yawns, & then They'd yawn. Baby powder & putting on sweet, clean pajamas.

___ These are gentle memories Andrea &FatherDaddyTom never made.

That is lazy, that is a disconnection in bonding-- that is dang SAD . ___ Didn't Mama make the teen boys bathe the little girls ?
    They carry bacteria in dark, moist places, they may itch & feel uncomfortable & not fresh & squeaky clean. Tuat 0art of childhood has been taken away from them.
    ___ They have been robbed of many normal childhood memories & 3xperiences.
    Yes >>>>
    Asher has significant trouble , left untreated is robbinb him of his future, & of ever being NORMAL in his development. Pic he ever gets a Wedding night, I hope it overLaps with his ONCE A WEEK shower schedule ???🥀🥀🥀👣😬😖

14.     +4   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    QUOTE (MayaD @ 16/2/2022, 04:22) 
    There is nothing sweeter than Mother & baby/toddler time. Daily bathtub time is a part of bedtime routine, & a time to talk & laugh, for floating toys. Mine loved two plastic cups)), one is smaller. They'd float little people(( in the H2⁰-filled cups, toys & give then a bath too ! I read a Golden Book's sometimes, with them in a tub. We learned to count, &I'd fake yawns, & then They'd yawn. Baby powder & putting on sweet, clean pajamas.

___ These are gentle memories Andrea &FatherDaddyTom never made.

That is lazy, that is a disconnection in bonding-- that is dang SAD . ___ Didn't Mama make the teen boys bathe the little girls ?
    They carry bacteria in dark, moist places, they may itch & feel uncomfortable & not fresh & squeaky clean. Tuat 0art of childhood has been taken away from them.
    ___ They have been robbed of many normal childhood memories & 3xperiences.
    Yes >>>>
    Asher has significant trouble , left untreated is robbinb him of his future, & of ever being NORMAL in his development. Pic he ever gets a Wedding night, I hope it overLaps with his ONCE A WEEK shower schedule ???🥀🥀🥀👣😬😖

When I watch past and present I don’t see a wonderful mom I see a neglectful parent both of them .
    She fawned over him ,
    He did nothing ,
    Dirty people ,
    Both gross 🤮🤮

15.     +2   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Hollydolly088 @ 16/2/2022, 01:57) 
    I will never understand this family‘s fascination with milk.

Oh my god SAME. I’ve never known a family to go though a gallon a day and think that’s normal behaviour! Tom seems to think thats normal, and honestly It’s beyond disgusting! A little milk with cereal or oatmeal is understandable but they all glug cups of it at every meal. Come to think of it I don’t think I’ve ever seen them drink water at meal times. It’s always juice or milk. I’ve not given my kids a glass of milk since they were small or the occasional chocolate milk, and barely ever with meals.

891 replies since 15/2/2022, 15:57   115723 views