50 Shades of Failure to Launch Pt.41: Will the oldests spread their wings and fly, or depend on mommy dearest to keep getting by?

« Older   Newer »

1.     +8   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    Title by Mommaof5

2.     +14   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Hey guys, if you need a good laugh go read through all the old 50 Shades titles. My fave is 50 Shades of Keto in the streets and Little Debbie in the sheets, but a number of them made me lol! 😂🤣😂

3.     +8   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    Isn't there some kinda of adult services that offer job training and education in their area? When I was a teen and young adult we had something called Job Corps that offered GED classes and testing. They also taught job skills like resume writing and how to ace a job interview. The military probably isn't for him but with just a little push in the right direction he might be alright in life. 50 isn't doing him any favors. Is she afraid she'll lose access to Jake's check?

4.     +10   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group
    Being a beef eating bitch with the Italians and hiding from the FBI. Formally known as Lenore

Status
    Anonymous
    The problem for the kids is not the lack of resources, they have opportunities but they are held down by narcissistic moms (50 and Lemon) that hold them down so they can feel better.

5.     +9   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    Why put out a 35 minute video like you're showing what you did in Long Island and only show 5 minutes and then talk for 30. And what is coffee grinds?

6.     +4   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    I was thinking the same thing. Honestly, not surprised. She loves to talk. 😏

7. Craftgirl818
        +6   Like  

User deleted

She is complaining about the negative Nancy's in social media and yet she is calling the kettle black because she is constantly complaining about everything not going her way.

Now my thoughts are I'm tired of the politics and the covid/vaccine debates too and would rather have peace, but she is the wrong person to be asking this

8.     +4   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I am torn on Jake. I could see working for awhile and saving up to start taking college courses in the fall or even next year. Or going to a trade school. I also don't think it's wrong if he is working full time to make him pay for something-his phone or his insurance if he gets his license and wants to drive. I think it teaches responsibility. But I think he also has a lot of growing up to do so maybe taking a gap year isn't a bad thing. I know 50 treats him like a toddler, but eventually he needs to take control of his own life. At 18 he needs to make decisions on his own life.

9.     +3   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    The lives of both Jake and Paige make me sad for them.

10.     +3   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Whoa! Black Betty @ 18/2/2022, 02:27) 
    Isn't there some kinda of adult services that offer job training and education in their area? When I was a teen and young adult we had something called Job Corps that offered GED classes and testing. They also taught job skills like resume writing and how to ace a job interview. The military probably isn't for him but with just a little push in the right direction he might be alright in life. 50 isn't doing him any favors. Is she afraid she'll lose access to Jake's check?

I remember Job Corps. I’m sure there’s some type of vocational program or schooling he can go to.

11.     +6   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    I have a son with Autism, my smallish city has a great program he did in the summer where he had a class (about transitioning to adulthood) and he had an internship, (just a few hours and he shredded papers and cleaned testing rooms at the comm college). And today we are going to meet with the Votech office that hopefully will help him find a job. I’m sure these services exsist in their area. I don’t think 50 would take the time to do any of this.

12.     +10   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I find it so bizarre that they never take the kids to do anything in the city when they visit. No trips to see the Rockefeller tree or stroll around Central Park both of which would only involve spending the money for the subway ride into the city. There are SO many things to do. She never even talks about going often as a child. I wonder if she’s ever been to the rockettes. We went in November before they cancelled the remaining performances and our son LOVED it. He also loved riding the subway and just walking through Times Square.

13.     +6   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Amp74 @ 18/2/2022, 14:13) 
    I have a son with Autism, my smallish city has a great program he did in the summer where he had a class (about transitioning to adulthood) and he had an internship, (just a few hours and he shredded papers and cleaned testing rooms at the comm college). And today we are going to meet with the Votech office that hopefully will help him find a job. I’m sure these services exsist in their area. I don’t think 50 would take the time to do any of this.

My son has special needs and this is the plan for him as well.

14.     +11   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    I’m a waiver case manager for individuals with ID/DD. Vocational rehabilitation and programs like Project Search are available in Texas.

15.     +11   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Lenore @ 2/18/2022, 03:04 AM) 
    The problem for the kids is not the lack of resources, they have opportunities but they are held down by narcissistic moms (50 and Lemon) that hold them down so they can feel better.

Yep. They didn't do shit with their lives other than have trap babies and decide that was enough for the rest of their lives. Fiddy especially has gone out of her way to talk about how college is stupid cause ya know she who is sooooo smart got like dozens of credits but no degree and her life is perfectly fine. And I think a lot of people on here feel Jake would do well learning a trade like to be a cna rather than a full on college. But it's more for me that the parents really gave zero fuck alls about encouraging their kids to do anything when it comes to education because it would require effort on their part. Jake isn't getting a choice if he wants to take a gap year or not. He's not getting a choice on going to college or to a trade school or just going into the work force. Fiddy set him up for failure because she wants him to go do some fast food job because they need the money. They are probably in debt again and her fat ass is too lazy/prideful to go get a job herself. So Jake gets to pick up the slack which is unfair. I bet if he had a choice because he does like school he would've chosen to go take classes rather than work next to his stepdaddy on the fryer.

1143 replies since 18/2/2022, 02:07   71798 views