Allison Bickerstaff

« Older   Newer »

1.     Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    I can’t believe she put a measuring cup on the stove in her sourdough video. What a ditz.

2.     +2   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    Omg finally an Allison thread! Ugh. This girl. I used to like her but then she really honed in on this bland “boho” housewife vibe. Like I’m honestly shocked they made this long without at least popping out one kid. Her obsession with babies was over the top at one point. If she wasn’t so materialistic, i would not be shocked if she raised her kids to be crunchy. Though after some deep diving, there’s more that goes into the crunchy life than just vegetarian and holistic healing. But Allison gives “its for the aesthetic” vibes than the actual lifestyle.

She lives in a world of beige. The one main reason i stopped watching her was because she lacked color. Everything was beige or white or barely grey. I felt like i was watching the inside of a psych ward. I don’t know how anyone can feel peaceful in that house? She’s not an interior designer and it shows. Also her recent grocery hauls just make me feel like the crunchy mom lifestyle is more for the aesthetic than the lifestyle. After all they do watch TV but give the vibe that she will gentle parenting (which i have my loves and hates about) without screens. Outside and barefoot. Which is all fine, but it gives off this perfect lifestyle that subconsciously makes anyone who isn’t in this bubble of bland tranquility and perfection feel like they’re doing something wrong. She gives me vibes that her babies nursery will also lack color. Be shades of beige and that annoying ugly muted rainbow that everyone freaks out about. And she probably will either unschool or homeschool her kids. Which.. well unschooling imo is child abuse… but idk her entire vibe gives off shelter shelter shelter and if there is anything i hate more than sucking the color out of life, it’s parents who shelter their kids and thinking it’s doing them a service.

I used to like her in the apartment. Back when she at least had the pink to offset all the white. Once they moved and she decided beige was the new pink, i just couldn’t anymore.

QUOTE (Night stars @ 11/3/2022, 02:27) 
    Well its nice to see Brandon eating his own plates of food and deciding for himself to eat meat or not when before he just went along with the crazy wife and trying to turn palmer into a vegetarian because she only wants the best for her baby
    Chick dogs aren't meant to be vegetarian, I think she got past that though

I forgot that they used to “share” food. Like for dinner they would eat off one plate of veggies and hummus. For a while i thought she had an eating disorder and was using Brandon to hide it. There’s no way a 6’2” grown ass man is satisfied all night with only a single plate of raw veggies and hummus that he shared with his wife. He probably sneaks out for McDonald’s at midnight when she sleeps since they wake up at like 5am every day.

3.     +1   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    I used to like her back in her apartment too. But I stopped watching when they got the house because I hated seeing all the beige

4.     +2   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    Right?! Idk how they can live in that house. There’s so much white and beige. It’s a decoration house. Like they put up shelves not to be functional but to display decorations. Idk how to live in a house that’s aesthetic first and function second. It would drive me crazy. She also comes off controlling. Like god forbid if Brandon had some nerdy Star Wars collection, he wouldn’t be allowed to display it anywhere but his man cave cause it disrupts the aesthetic. There’s no personality in the house at all. Just looks like another Pinterest model house that’s meant to be looked at in that “anyone could live here” vibe.

5.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Haha I feel the same exact way!
    I put her on mute lol on Instagram. I stopped having respect for her when she quit her Disney career for of course YouTube. I would never quit my entire dream career to push out videos for people I don't even know actually truly watch.
    After that she started getting on my nerves and the lack of color you guys are so right

6.     +1   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    I agree That the quitting at Disney and the house move was when the channel got to be too fake and over the top. She became totally unrelatable and even unlikable. Like there are some people that even if they’re totally unrelatable, they have a personality that’s enjoyable to make up for it. Allison doesn’t have that. Her soothing, prairie house, calming voice irritates me and she comes off as completely disconnected with reality. And during the heart of the pandemic, pre-vaccines, she was not wearing a mask anywhere. She gives off very right-wing “pro-life but not really” vibes and then i found put Brandon actually did some campaign stuff for Trump. It all checked out.

Also her barefoot in sundresses, picnics in the summer vibes is so obnoxious. Like it’s 10000 degrees in Florida. We know you're dying in that beige linen dress pretending like it’s so airy and wonderful. I just Wish she would come back down to earth.

7.     +2   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    How old is she actually? She sometimes does feel al little immature and bossy. And she wants everything Pinterest worthy. Live your life and enjoy it whiteout constantly thinking about the aesthetic about everything. I never get how YouTubers are constantly filming. When your having a nice time, that’s the least thing your thinking about, right?

8.     +2   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    I wanna say she’s 25/26 at this point. As for her morals, i feel like she lives a very conservative Christian life, seems like she would be wholly pro-life without argument but also isn’t going to do the research to change her mind. She’s more like “my pastor said so” kind of Christian. Brandon always struck me as old school Christian wanting that submissive wife to cook for him and clean for him and in general seems to live by stereotypical gender roles. She is just meek and passive and since she doesn’t seem to have any values of her own except be sunshine and never show other feelings. She makes herself an easy candidate for manipulation like that. She mentioned once around the time she met Brandon she was going through a hard time. Her parents divorced and so he was the one who brought her to God and imo that’s the first way you manipulate an already weak person. Since he brought her to faith, he was able to mold her faith and because she seems to not have anything to stand on and is submissive by nature, he was able to shape her to be the perfect biblical wife.

She on the other hand, makes me feel like she likes calm. She never really raises her voice or gets angry. And with the rise of “gentle” parenting being so popular now, i can see both of them being manipulated by an unruly child if that’s what they get. Especially older kids. She also seems like she would be easily subjected to crunchy parents. She already was lazy and passive towards the pandemic, didn’t seem to wear a mask, i would bet she and Brandon are not vaccinated. She doesn’t seem to the smartest or ask questions or really research anything. She kind of gives me the “well this person said so and why should i not Trust them?” And then take it as fact.

9.     +2   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    Idk if she trauma bonded to him as trauma bonding is usually used in a narcissistic way. But then again, i can See Brandon being a narc and totally using her to manipulate into his permissive passive wife. I mean she caters to his every whim. Brings him iced coffee when he worked from home (which he probably still does). Wakes up before him to make his breakfast and coffee for him. Makes his dinners for him. And sure it’s all cute and couple goals (gag) now but when they have more than 2 children and she’s catering to all of them, i wonder if she will snap. Nowadays, most women have either been burned by men enough or simply not raised in a house (outside of a southern evangelical home) that did not practice the man of the house/submissive wife gender roles and most husband and wives were self-sufficient and did not need nor demand that the other provide for them or do anything for them. They both carried the same weight. I feel like Brandon is a man child and manipulated her to support his inability to care for himself. I can’t Imagine being forced to believe that my life’s purpose is solely to make babies and obey a man. But then again i grew Up in a very progressive household and my mother would have burned the whole house down before believing her role in life was to only take care of men and have babies. But then again, i feel Like Brandon is a Christian by title and action but it’s surface level and taught to use it as an excuse to be lazy and misogynistic. I never liked him.

But i agree she trauma bonded to him by A. Being in a vulnerable state to begin with and B. Having no values, morals or self-worth and feeling like a man would complete her. After all, she is one of those who genuinely believes in fairytales and romance and doesn’t see how those fairytales are often women being manipulated and controlled by men.

10.     +1   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    I never saw it that way, I don’t follow her that long. But it does make sense, I truly hope this isn’t the case because it makes me feel sad if it is…

11.     +1   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    It may not be but it very much looks like it is based on the way she is by nature and how she talks about him. She wasn’t a Christian before Brandon. But it’s still very much a Southern way of life that the woman is submissive to the man. Typically it goes hand in hand with evangelical and Baptist churches. Which are both wildly popular down here. But in Orlando, it’s not a common cultural mindset that the woman be submissive to her man. This is usually found in traditional southern or very Christian families.

12.     Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I had no idea people still practiced that way of submissive wife but I definitely see this in her and Brandon. I generally don't care for him so I agree with some other things you guys have said I live in new jersey so I guess it really is different from the north and south

13.     +2   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    I agree that she def seems submissive. I do not know much about Brandon other then he seems SO NERDY for her?! Am I right?

14.     +1   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Planning Karen Orchid’s 60th Birthday Party at The Lake Club!

Status
    Anonymous
    For a married woman who is so Christian-oriented, she sure loves to show off her body on the internet. Maybe it’s because she is still so young and lives in Florida (she also has a slim figure and can get away with a lot) but it’s a bit much.

I think she does an excellent job with filming and editing her videos. I tend to like her travel vlogs. But she tries so hard to come across a specific sort of way. Both she and her husband are nerds. How is he even straight? He strikes me as effeminate.

15.     +1   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    at her age I was in a one bedroom apartment….. not a new build home!

140 replies since 6/3/2022, 20:03   58853 views