Allison Bickerstaff

« Older   Newer »

1.     +1   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    Yeah I don’t think her ice coffees are that many calories they seem to be 80% ice. Does kind of annoy me that she spills half of it on the counter. I wonder if that bothers Brandon at all. Everything in her house is white and beige, just a coffee stain disaster ready to happen.It’s nice to see her enjoy a cookie here and there but I’ve only seen her take a bite or two, but mostly for taste tests like in her Trader Joe’s ranking videos.

2.     Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Planning Karen Orchid’s 60th Birthday Party at The Lake Club!

Status
    Anonymous
    She was a Disney princess? Which one? I thought she just did marketing or something for the company.

Watching her Greece vlog. They travel so much. How does he get all of this time off of work? Very blessed.

3.     +2   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Chance86_ @ 24/6/2022, 00:51) 
    She was a Disney princess? Which one? I thought she just did marketing or something for the company.

Watching her Greece vlog. They travel so much. How does he get all of this time off of work? Very blessed.

She was Rapunzel and Anna from Frozen.
    That was before her job doing social media/marketing for Disney.

4.     +1   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    E58CEC0D-A66A-4F1A-9858-2F772D0B0EB074E1BDE0-D1A8-4A8D-9830-563DC0354CED378F5C5B-11A9-4E9E-84C4-BBD3BF9DC86608DAEA15-8AC3-47DB-8BDF-5C77D0D0FD04

5.     +2   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Chance86_ @ 24/6/2022, 00:51) 

I haven’t watched her in a long time so idk how long their trip was. But i know where he works and I’m pretty sure they moved a lot of people to wfh or wfh part time. My friend works for a similar company that did the same thing. He wfh 3 days a week and in office 2. Also Brandon’s company has every other Friday off company wide. And i know she’s mentioned that before which is how i figured out where he worked.

6.     +5   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    I went to the same high school and college as Allison and Brandon. I was the same graduating year as Brandon and I had a few classes with him in high school. Allison was two grades below me, so I never had any classes with her that I can remember. However, in college we shared a few classes and I remember her very well. I’ve watched her channel since almost the beginning and her videos are super well done and professionally edited, but her content can be so curated at times. Almost too perfect to be true. This might be a long post, lol.

Allison was a Telecommunications major at UF and I was an Advertising major. Both majors are in the same college at UF, so a lot of overlap in classes. I had Allison in a few classes. I had no idea Allison had a channel until she mentioned it on one of the discussion boards for an online class. I think she only had like 10K subscribers at that time. I kept up with her channel and it was interesting to see her vlogs of her life as a college student at UF.

In real life, she speaks in the same voice she uses in her videos. Although, her personality is not as “peppy” as she comes across in her videos. If anything, she’s much more normal acting in real life I guess?

She had a diverse group of friends and some of her friend group were people I was also friends with and they had nothing but positive things to say about her. The most negative thing I’ve heard people say about her were from people being annoyed at how positive she was and how she was always dressed up (it’s Florida and even the girliest girls wore t-shirts and shorts on campus). She was also a part of this organization on campus called “The Agency" which is pretty much a student-run communications agency on campus. I had some friends who were in it and some really loved it, while others didn't like it much. It was a very time consuming organization and was unpaid.

She was in a group project with me in one class. For those who have been through college, you know how much of a nightmare some group projects can be. I must say that out of all the group projects I did in college, Allison was one of the best people I worked with. She was organized and went above and beyond her part in the project.

She seems like an airhead at times in her videos, but she’s actually really smart. She graduated in 3 years and she graduated magna cum laude. She strikes me more as someone who is book smart, but not street smart.

I can’t say much about how Allison was in high school since she was two grades below me and our high school was huge. Apparently, she was a mean girl type in high school according to one of the posts on here, but I don’t know for sure. She was always extremely nice in college. The only thing I know about Allison in high school was that she was involved in student council.

Brandon, on the other hand, I remember a lot about since we graduated the same year. I completely agree with a few others on here that he is possibly on the spectrum. I always thought that about him since high school. Brandon in high school was pretty similar to how he comes across in Allison’s video – very timid and awkward. I remember he was EXTREMELY smart – almost to a scary extent. I want to say he was valedictorian, but I don’t remember for sure. In the classes I had with him, he was generally very quiet.

While he seems quiet and sweet, he does have a bit of an asshole side. My friends and I used to refer to him as “Mr. Perfect” as a joke between us. Very Type A and everything has to be perfect with him. He always felt the need to correct people and always thought he had the correct solution to everything. He once suggested our teacher use a different color marker on the board because “green against white is hard to see” or something weird like that. He also got upset when people cussed in class, and he would tell them not to use “vulgar language.” He had such a savior complex about him. VERY religious.

My sister was friends with Brandon’s sister in high school, so I know quite a bit about his family. His parents own a floor covering/home improvement business, and his family was pretty well-off, but lived way beyond their means. My sister told me that they ended up having to sell a lot of their rental properties after the 2008 financial crisis and their family home went into foreclosure in like 2010/2011. This was all before he started dating Allison.

I know in a few of Allison’s videos she speaks about how Brandon is like the “budget king” and they’ve even made videos together about finances before. I’m pretty sure his family’s foreclosures years ago is a major reason why Brandon is like that.

His family are extremely conservative evangelicals and are hardcore Trump supporters. I do remember before Allison’s channel got big and when Brandon would comment on her videos, you could see he was subscribed to a bunch of right-wing channels. Once Allison’s channel gained more popularity, Brandon hid his subscriptions from public view. It makes me wonder if that was something she made him do due to her not wanting backlash or if it was him just wanting privacy.

I find it interesting that she didn’t post anything about Roe vs. Wade. Very telling what side of the fence she’s on to be silent about that…

I also wonder what her views on LGBT are. Her friend group in college was diverse as I mentioned above and one of her best friends she always hung out with around campus was openly gay. Although, she strikes me as a “hate the sin, love the sinner” type…

I also wonder if Allison and Brandon are vaxxed? I don’t remember her ever mentioning it in her videos, but I don’t watch all of them, so I have no idea. It wouldn’t surprise me if they weren’t because I know Brandon’s family are anti-mask and believe the vaccine is a means of control.

If anyone has any questions about them, I’d be happy to answer. I have more I could say, but this post is already so long.

7.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    @funnyfog thanks lady lol! I read everything you just posted and it helps a lot to understand her more.
    Maybe I was too hard on allison in the past after just realizing your writing. I can't help but still not.like her 100% though and maybe it is because she's always so perfectly happy and shows off the I have to appear happy all the time one hundred percent even if I'm not because otherwise it'll ruin my vibe and appearance.
    I'm pretty sure from what I remember shes a Republican at least from being with brandon which of course not all republicans are so terrible but for her to be so much about "empowering" women , she could do a lot with her presence.
    I mean, she had done an ad on Instagram for Starbucks lol that's a pretty big deal and I hate Starbucks lol.
    She gives out toxic positivity and I know people on YouTube and in her comments on Instagram have said that to her before.
    I'm not surprised about Brandon though I liked him at first he seemed chill thought he was cute lol but not anymore. Idk the more he's on camera the more I feel like he stunts her growth somehow
    My biggest problem was when she quite disney! A real job, hell a real whole career with benefits and a decent schedule all for YouTube.

8.     +3   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    I can understand why people don’t like her. The toxic positivity rubs me the wrong way too. Something I’ve noticed in some of her vlogs is that she has moments where she’ll be like, “I’ve been feeling really down today, but after I took time to relax and pray about it, I felt so much better. It was so silly for me to be sad.” Not that I feel like she owes her viewers the personal details of why she’s sad, but I wish she would show more real moments of her being upset or ranting about something. It would make things more interesting.

Voter records are public record in Florida and she’s not affiliated with any party, while Brandon is republican. But yes, I agree she has a large enough following that she could really do a lot with her presence to empower women and share about everything going on right now.

And it’s not like she hasn’t done anything to help different causes before, like after the murder of George Floyd. She provided a lot of links to support different causes and did more than most other YouTubers did. So I know she has it in her to spread info on what’s going on now with women’s rights being stripped away, but I doubt she will. Like someone mentioned on this thread earlier, she doesn’t seem to question much. I have a feeling she probably is pro-choice deep down, but is pro-life due to Brandon and his family’s hardcore stance on being pro-life.

The quitting Disney thing bothers me too. When she worked at Disney, her vlogs felt more realistic. Since she quit, and especially since they moved into their house, her vlogs feel more “aesthetic” than an authentic glimpse of her life. I really don’t think she would bake bread or make all these things as often as she does if she didn’t need it for vlog content, lol. I can’t say I don’t blame her for quitting Disney though. I’m assuming she makes better money with her sponsorships and whatnot than she did at Disney. Although, her working at Disney was why a lot of people subscribed in the first place.

And yes! I so agree with you about Brandon stunts her growth! You took the words right out my mouth. I’ve always felt like they were such an odd match. Their dynamic is so weird to me. I know they’ve both said often how they’re both so different and that they like it like that because they balance each other out, but she seems so frustrated with him at times! And they started dating when she was like a freshman in high school and he was a junior. I can’t imagine still being with the guy I dated my freshman year of high school! LOL.

Have you noticed how in a lot of her vlogs where they travel or go on a trip somewhere, she’ll ask him what his favorite part of the trip was and most of the time he’ll just be like, “Ummm, the food.” Or he’ll just copy her answer? The way he speaks is almost like a child, like he mumbles and speaks very quietly. I remember in a Q&A video they did, she said that Brandon is always calm, while she can get kinda heated at times. Brandon almost reminds me of a robot with no other emotion. I don’t think they’d ever be together if he wasn’t attractive.

Also, the beige bothers me too. It irks me so much that she has the books on her shelf turned backwards in her office for the aesthetic! God forbid there be a pop of color.

9.     +3   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    The savior complex about Brandon lines up with the way she talks about their story. Though she glams it up to look like a Disney fairytale, it does sound like his savior complex really played into their relationship. She mentioned having been at a low point in life when they met and low point plus savior complex equals an extremely toxic relationship.

As for her, i mean yeah, she’s preppy and annoying. But the overly professional editing, the perfection of every minute detail is what i can’t stand about her. Everything is so commercial that it’s unrelatable. I always See YouTube as being unlike TV shows it lends itself to a more realistic point of view. A little mess here, but overall an attainable/achievable goal when you watch. Her videos are almost nauseatingly too perfect that it’s not even attainable. Which if you do like the aesthetic videos cause they’re pleasing, okay i get That. But I’m not really into wanting to watch someone whose house is so clean that i assume All she does is wear linen beige dresses and mops every single day. It’s still central Florida. It rains daily. I can Barely manage my floors in the summertime with my dog tracking in dirt and grass after walks, going out for night time pee and just generally being outside, yet her house is so immaculate that i just assume her life is spent cleaning. If she’s not cooking or filming sponsorships, she’s cleaning. There’s nothing wrong with some things being out of place or mail stacked up. But every time i see A video or reel on instagram, her house looks like a show piece or a movie set. I’m not really into watching people i know I can never really relate too. But that also matches up with his need to be perfect. I almost wonder if he’s high functioning autistic?

As for the friend group, she mentions before Brandon never being very religious. So having diverse friends, openly gay friends, in a public school or i guess In this case a major state university is not too wild. Since there’s no road blocks there it’s easy to be friends with all types of people. Idk her personally, so I’m kind of judging here but she does strike me as a very surface level kind of person. Correct me if i am wrong though. She doesn’t really seem to be a deep person. Anything she reads to “enlighten” herself seems to have an underlying agenda (Christian based). So even if she had friends who were openly gay, i can See her perspective on the subject being easily persuaded by Brandon’s conservative views. She gives me more “don’t rock the boat” vibes rather than “love the sinner hate the sin” she doesn’t seem vocal on socially religious topics like homosexuality and vaccines. But I’m sure she leans more towards pro-life (given her POV’s and love of babies she seems like someone to not think about who abortion laws hurt the most and that all these babies are going to come from well-off white women) when it comes to abortion and pro-choice when it comes to vaccines. Which also makes me believe she’s not vaxxed. She barely even wore a mask during the height of the pandemic. The pandemic and how they seemed to treat it was the first tip for me that these people were not genuine caring types that they pass off to be.

10.     +3   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    I cannot stand her toxic positivity. In her recent video she was like “i was in a mood so i put on some makeup and a dress and baked sourdough” Psshh I wish I could do that. Bake some bread, take a few Instagram pics, cash in a few bucks, sure I’d be happy. I’d hate to be one of her friends or even future kids asking for advice or help on an upsetting subject. She just seems to be very dismissive of anything negative which I understand to an extent, nobody wants to surround themselves with negative nancies but not everything is sunshine and rainbows 24/7. You need balance.

11.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Yes! This is my most annoying thing about her and if she ever answered someone asking her something on insta she would brush them off and use some obnoxious toxic positivity crap like they were coming to you for real help but okay Allison

12.     +4   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    Finally! Thank you for creating this thread! I started following her a few years ago and really liked her content- thought she seemed genuine and sweet, and I liked that she just did YouTube/influencer stuff as a side thing and still had a "real job". When she quit Disney, I really felt like her content started going downhill. Her videos are really well done as far as editing and level of professionalism, I will give her that. But beyond that it's just sooo tone deaf, boring, stupid, and materialistic. The adoration she gets in her comment section on YouTube is beyond ridiculous 🙄 I actually went to the same church as her for a time and neither her or Brandon seemed to have friends there- never saw them talking to anyone and they've gone there for a long time. I reached out to her on instagram once about getting together with some other people from church, and I can't remember exactly what she said, but it gave very much "I'm a celebrity and you're a weird fan" vibe- which I just thought was odd since I actually knew her in person. Not that she was obligated to be my friend, but just the way she responded gave me that feeling. She also volunteered in the kids area (she might still, I've since moved away so I don't know) and all of the volunteers are supposed to wear a church t-shirt while they are working, but she never would- always had to wear some obnoxious fashion statement- like her giant pink fur coat (in Orlando of all places) 😂

13.     Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (wdw2dsm @ 13/7/2022, 16:44) 
    Finally! Thank you for creating this thread! I started following her a few years ago and really liked her content- thought she seemed genuine and sweet, and I liked that she just did YouTube/influencer stuff as a side thing and still had a "real job". When she quit Disney, I really felt like her content started going downhill. Her videos are really well done as far as editing and level of professionalism, I will give her that. But beyond that it's just sooo tone deaf, boring, stupid, and materialistic. The adoration she gets in her comment section on YouTube is beyond ridiculous 🙄 I actually went to the same church as her for a time and neither her or Brandon seemed to have friends there- never saw them talking to anyone and they've gone there for a long time. I reached out to her on instagram once about getting together with some other people from church, and I can't remember exactly what she said, but it gave very much "I'm a celebrity and you're a weird fan" vibe- which I just thought was odd since I actually knew her in person. Not that she was obligated to be my friend, but just the way she responded gave me that feeling. She also volunteered in the kids area (she might still, I've since moved away so I don't know) and all of the volunteers are supposed to wear a church t-shirt while they are working, but she never would- always had to wear some obnoxious fashion statement- like her giant pink fur coat (in Orlando of all places) 😂

This does not surprise me at all. Hard to tell if she’s really as nice as she acts like.

14.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (wdw2dsm @ 13/7/2022, 16:44) 

Haha I had asked one of the mods if they could make an Allison thread thinking nobody even knew who she was on bakery 😂 thankfully I was wrong 😊

15.     +3   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    As someone who grew up in the central Florida area,I noticed a lot of churches (mostly the medium/large size and non denominational) in the area have cliques. It’s like high school 2.0. Not sure why it’s like that but it is. So I can kinda see why her and Brandon’s church behavior is the way it is because I saw people like them all the time.It’s a shame she already has the “I’m a celebrity and you’re not” type of attitude. I wouldn’t be surprised if she bases her friendships off of income and social media following at this point.

140 replies since 6/3/2022, 20:03   58838 views