Allison Bickerstaff

« Older   Newer »

1.     +3   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    QUOTE (X X7 @ 14/7/2022, 21:07) 
    As someone who grew up in the central Florida area,I noticed a lot of churches (mostly the medium/large size and non denominational) in the area have cliques. It’s like high school 2.0. Not sure why it’s like that but it is. So I can kinda see why her and Brandon’s church behavior is the way it is because I saw people like them all the time.It’s a shame she already has the “I’m a celebrity and you’re not” type of attitude. I wouldn’t be surprised if she bases her friendships off of income and social media following at this point.

Yes! I did the same thing about asking to get together and she just brushed me off like I’m such a weird fan. If you think that your fans are “weird” you don’t deserve a following. I do understand the hesitation to meeting fans or anyone really that you met on the internet seeing as how crazy fans have killed celebrities before. But i think if you went to the same church, it’s a bit of a stretch to pull that card. My best friends an interior designer and sent her a message of her portfolio and said i can help decorate your house (since Allison alone was doing a crappy job at it) and Allison ignored her for a long time then came back and said she was fine on her own. And of course it was covered with that sweet “thank you for even reaching out you’re so sweet” BS. The underlying tones were there.

2.     +4   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    I came here out of curiosity from Brianna K's thread.

I guess we met Allison in Disney a couple years ago. I have pictures of her with my daughter, and she's dressed as Rapunzel. I have a video of them spinning to make their dresses twirl.

I've never seen a video of hers before today.. She just seems like another white and beige youtuber.

3.     +1   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    QUOTE (CopperBoom @ 8/22/2022, 04:53 PM) 
    I came here out of curiosity from Brianna K's thread.

I guess we met Allison in Disney a couple years ago. I have pictures of her with my daughter, and she's dressed as Rapunzel. I have a video of them spinning to make their dresses twirl.

I've never seen a video of hers before today.. She just seems like another white and beige youtuber.

The newest Central FL YTber, Alexandra Beuter moved almost walking distance to Allison. I wonder if there will be any future collabs? lol

4.     +4   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    The reality is, she is a performer and is parodying her own life on YouTube. Her vocal cadence and tone is alarmingly controlled and put on which raises all my red flags and actually even irritates me to listen to – whatever the opposite of ASMR as this is it! It’s creepy. Whatever personality training Disney gave her to portray the Disney princesses in park work she has taken that to a whole other absurd level – within her YouTube channel and sticking to that persona which isn’t real and is at best a two dimensional personality but she seems to think nobody notices.

I like the shots that she creates and some parts of her aesthetic but truthfully I have to listen to her on mute. I consider her channel at best a Pinterest board that I like and I’m certainly not there for the personality and definitely not for her voice overs.

5.     Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    I’m not sure what you mean by a parody of her life? I just feel like she has no personality. Her house is bland and stale. A Pinterest board aesthetic at best. You know how when you tour model homes or staged homes for sale, they remove all the pictures off the walls as to create a blank lived in home but not so personalized that it’s hard to envision your own life in the home? That’s what i get From her house. Everything lacks personality. It’s decorated to an aesthetic. Every spoon and napkin, every throw pillow and Knick knack is specific to fit into this bland aesthetic. It could be anyone under the sun’s house. Not their house. And i find that everything about her is that way. If by character you mean that she portrays the basic white woman with money who shops at home goods, pottery barn and west elm. Who has meticulously crafted this house from the door knobs to the utensils to the fact that not even a piece of mail is left behind, then yes i get It. Like she crafts this woman that everyone can see themselves in. Her personality is bland at best. And idk if it’s genuinely because she’s a boring person or because it’s part of her be as basic as possible so people can live vicariously through you. I mean That’s essentially the point of Pinterest boards.

6.     +1   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (SEtotheLeft @ 2/9/2022, 19:35) 
    I’m not sure what you mean by a parody of her life? I just feel like she has no personality. Her house is bland and stale. A Pinterest board aesthetic at best. You know how when you tour model homes or staged homes for sale, they remove all the pictures off the walls as to create a blank lived in home but not so personalized that it’s hard to envision your own life in the home? That’s what i get From her house. Everything lacks personality. It’s decorated to an aesthetic. Every spoon and napkin, every throw pillow and Knick knack is specific to fit into this bland aesthetic. It could be anyone under the sun’s house. Not their house. And i find that everything about her is that way. If by character you mean that she portrays the basic white woman with money who shops at home goods, pottery barn and west elm. Who has meticulously crafted this house from the door knobs to the utensils to the fact that not even a piece of mail is left behind, then yes i get It. Like she crafts this woman that everyone can see themselves in. Her personality is bland at best. And idk if it’s genuinely because she’s a boring person or because it’s part of her be as basic as possible so people can live vicariously through you. I mean That’s essentially the point of Pinterest boards.

Yes to this

7.     Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I like her. Her travel videos are good.

8.     +2   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    Former coworker sent me a link to this and I feel the need to come to Allison’s defense!

We worked together at Disney. That job was NOT a dream job and to be quite frank Allison’s talents (writing skills, marketing intuition, business acumen, etc.) were far above the majority of the team. Disney, and our team in particular, is a very clique-y environment. Allison was beloved for her cheerful and hardworking personality, but I got the sense she was somewhat on the outs because of jealousy from other team members who would have killed for even her small corner of influence notoriety. Allison was not being rewarded for her skill and work ethic because that only happened to those who fit into a particular clique. Her leaving was absolutely the right move for her career, especially given that how much she makes from her influencing is most definitely more than Disney can/will pay.

I didn’t know her well personally, so I can’t speak to her true self. But at least as a coworker, she was always a joy to have on our team. She was professional, charismatic, and intelligent - maybe she sounds ditzy in her videos but I can assure you she is perfectly capable of holding her own in any room.

I’m not saying she would ever become a Kim Kardashian level influencer/marketing guru, but she is capable and diligent. Do not underestimate her or write her off as just a bubbly housewife. She is one shrewd cookie.

9.     +2   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    I am also a former Disney co-worker of Allison’s and can confirm the job was a nightmare dressed like a day dream.

Allison was incredibly talented and professional. She had great ideas, executed projects flawlessly, and has a sharp business acumen that Kris Jenner would applaud. She also kept her influencer life separate from the job- yes, she would answer questions about her accounts if asked, but she never brought it up or felt that she deserved special treatment because of her social media success. She understood the nuances of social media for personal use vs business use and was eager to learn more. At the end of the day, she chose to leave Disney because they could never match the income or opportunity offered by her influencing. Our team is a bit of a career dead end- you either bounce after a short time (so you aren’t trapped with gaining/growing a weird, specific skillset) or you stay forever.

One of my favorite memories of Allison was regarding a birthday party. I don’t remember the details of the party, but I was incredibly touched that she ensured that every one of her co-interns were invited. It was an incredibly wonderful, inclusive thing to do.

10.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    We don't really mind her work ethic from disney though!
    A lot of us have said we were shocked and sad when she said she quit and after that was when she started becoming this Pinterest perfect beige nothing colorful yet stuck up personality of living as a 1950s housewife while living out outdated and lack of self respect gender roles with her husband.
    Most of us found her while she was still at Disney, its understandable why she left now that you guys have explained her reasons and honestly disney is just not what they used to be anyway. They're catering to one half of a demographic while just completely wiping out everything else that everyone ever fell in love with them in the first place.
    But with Allison she just like everyone else who starts getting famous on YouTube changed for the worse and its just sad

11.     Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    she seems sad lately…. not hersekf

12.     +3   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    I enjoy watching her videos. I just like watching videos on how people style their house, garden, etc.

I cannot stand to hear her talk though. If you pay attention to her speech, you can tell its labored. I’m not sure how to explain it but she takes deep breaths at awkward times and it seems like she trying really hard to sound a certain way. Sometimes it sounds like she’s trying really hard to sound smart and it comes across disingenuous. She seems more at ease and natural when she speaks to her husband or friends but other times it sounds like she’s trying to sound like an influencer.

This makes it seem like everything we see is fake. Maybe it is. Her content would be easier to consume if she just spoke without it seeming so scripted or she’s trying to be someone she’s not.

13.     +2   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Kelly Matthee @ 18/9/2022, 07:28) 
    I enjoy watching her videos. I just like watching videos on how people style their house, garden, etc.

I cannot stand to hear her talk though. If you pay attention to her speech, you can tell its labored. I’m not sure how to explain it but she takes deep breaths at awkward times and it seems like she trying really hard to sound a certain way. Sometimes it sounds like she’s trying really hard to sound smart and it comes across disingenuous. She seems more at ease and natural when she speaks to her husband or friends but other times it sounds like she’s trying to sound like an influencer.

This makes it seem like everything we see is fake. Maybe it is. Her content would be easier to consume if she just spoke without it seeming so scripted or she’s trying to be someone she’s not.

Exactly. It’s annoying how influencers use this upspeak mixed with that asmr whisper that’s just not satisfying at all. I would Rather you just did a cute song, or leave the sounds of the objects being used (this is more for TikTok than YouTube). But that annoying asmr whisper mixed with the upspeak is irritating and calculated. I don’t Want every white blonde millennial to sound the same, look the same and live in the same house. I love a clean aesthetic don’t get me wrong. But they all have this uniform they put on. Neutral shaded matching two piece outfits, long blonde hair curled to do housework in the same wood floor, marbled counter top, grey wall house with more plants than photo’s.

I really gravitate to people who feel real. I hate the manufactured influencer and Allison really just lent herself to be molded by the basic white millennial influencer. That’s part of why i stopped watching her. Nothing about her feels authentic. So she’s either extremely boring as a person and just adopts what everyone else does or she thinks that the only way she can maintain a following is if she offers the same aesthetic as every other 20 something stay at home wife influencer.

14.     +1   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    The thing that bothers me about her travel videos is that she just recites whatever is written from the town website. It’s plagiarism, and you can usually tell because she can barely pronounce the words she’s using.

15.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I like her.

140 replies since 6/3/2022, 20:03   58853 views