Southern Wife Everday Life

« Older   Newer »

1.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    EmoitionalSupportSpork, I remember her saying something like that too. I'm guessing there was food issues when she was growing up.

Emm824 I did that with my kids. They had to taste everything on their plate. One real bite is all they had to do. They now do that with their kids. They eat all kinds of vegetables and fruit. Yes we also had junk type food sometimes as well. They liked chicken nuggets and mac n cheese just as much as any other kid. 🙂

2.     +3   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (WV. Transplant @ 26/3/2022, 01:48) 
    EmoitionalSupportSpork, I remember her saying something like that too. I'm guessing there was food issues when she was growing up.

Emm824 I did that with my kids. They had to taste everything on their plate. One real bite is all they had to do. They now do that with their kids. They eat all kinds of vegetables and fruit. Yes we also had junk type food sometimes as well. They liked chicken nuggets and mac n cheese just as much as any other kid. 🙂

That’s great! It’s our job as parents to make sure our kids are healthy in every aspect and that includes eating, I don’t think some parents think like that, the way she is feeding her son isn’t going to benefit him in the long run. Someone else mentioned that she doesn’t like vegetables, that’s fine but make them anyway, make them for your son, just because she doesn’t like something doesn’t mean her son wouldn’t like it. The whole breakfast for dinner thing, I personally wouldn’t do that but maybe once in a while is ok, she seems to do it all the time. Her videos are getting worse and worse, shop from pantry, pillsbury recipes.. I don’t know about anyone else but I’m so over pillsbury recipes, seems like everyone is doing those videos and I don’t even bother with her crockpot videos, it’s always a million cans of different soup, 5lbs of cheese and anything else that just doesn’t sound great

3.     +3   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Enm824 first off sorry I got your name wrong. I personally don't like most veges but I would fix them and eat them in front of my kids. I would do my best to pretend to like them. It made it easier to get them to eat them. Granted it was difficult at times. I didn't want my kids to have the food issues I had/have. Thankfully it worked. Now on that note my kids did have a sweet tooth and I love to bake so I learned to use veges in some of the sweets I baked. My kids were athletic and had excellent well child check ups.
    Tamara really needs to pull her big girl panties up and eat the frog so to speak. As parents we have to put our children 1st 99% of the time and do things we don't like. Our lives should not revolve around food. Hers does and I find that so very sad.
    Anyway I find I was long winded on this comment, sorry😊.

4.     +1   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (WV. Transplant @ 26/3/2022, 13:38) 
    Enm824 first off sorry I got your name wrong. I personally don't like most veges but I would fix them and eat them in front of my kids. I would do my best to pretend to like them. It made it easier to get them to eat them. Granted it was difficult at times. I didn't want my kids to have the food issues I had/have. Thankfully it worked. Now on that note my kids did have a sweet tooth and I love to bake so I learned to use veges in some of the sweets I baked. My kids were athletic and had excellent well child check ups.
    Tamara really needs to pull her big girl panties up and eat the frog so to speak. As parents we have to put our children 1st 99% of the time and do things we don't like. Our lives should not revolve around food. Hers does and I find that so very sad.
    Anyway I find I was long winded on this comment, sorry😊.

That’s ok! Yes I agree, always make healthier options for your kids sake. Nothing wrong with having nuggets or Mac and cheese here and there. I remember when she did what’s in her sons lunch videos, so unhealthy, spaghettios, the half cooked quesadillas, cookies, candy, sprinkles on the yogurt.. the list goes on but they were all super unhealthy! Also has anyone noticed that when Luke grills burgers and hotdogs they make enough to feed the entire neighborhood?!

5.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Yes, he likes his meat and tators. I am picky I will admit that. I will also try new and different foods though. You never know you just might like it. These youtube moms who don't like certain stuff like onions act like little kids, it's ew I will never eat that it's gross. It bothers me because their children see and hear that and get the idea that something is gross and will never have tried it. I make sure to talk positively about food when in the presence of kids especially small kids. What you say and do absorbs into them like a sponge. Oh well, I can harp all day but it won't change a thing.

6.     Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Lord Yes! When her husband grills even prior to this move where they are feeding his Dad, I was always so shocked at the amount of food they would load on that grill, or smoker. I hope that was for several meals, but he looks like he eats a lot. They don’t seem to eat leftovers much because when she does her what’s for dinner videos she is showing each day of the week. Maybe he takes the leftovers to eat for lunch. Either way it’s a lot of food prepared for dinner no matter what they are having.

7.     +3   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Winston rarely eats the actual dinner so it's generally just tha adults eating what is shown. She had mentioned Winston eating different foods at dinner time and that she is ok being a short order cook.

8.     +1   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    I just watched todays video, the amount of food is insane. And the fact that they boil hot dogs just grosses me out, there were like 12 hot dogs, and it’s for 3 people and a child (if Winston even eats them) all that fish and fried food 🤢 I’m sure they all snack all day and have big breakfast and lunches as well

9. MizzyLizzy
        +1   Like  

User deleted

Was there a single vegetable in that entire video? I could not eat like that every day and be able to function either physically or mentally. To each her own, I guess. At least she never tries to convince us she's something that she's not like other youtubers. Bless them. They are going to have so many health problems by the time they are 40.

10.     +2   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    I happened to pause her What's for dinner video on a shot of the 'million dollar spaghetti' and it turned my stomach looking at it. It's swimming in grease along the edges and on top of the cheese, just really unappetizing. Of course I like crap food sometimes as much as anyone else but I couldn't eat like these people do every day, eventually I'm craving something fresh and healthy.

That's also partially why I think her prepper pantry is ridiculous, it's just full of crap, not good for you stuff (canned veggies aside which even those are my last choice of a vegetable in favor of fresh or frozen first) and she has to constantly be eating through it so it doesn't all expire on the shelf. So your entire diet ends up with all this processed crap so she can keep the prepper pantry stocked and ready. I admit I really don't know what she thinks she is prepping for with that amount of stuff on hand. That's well beyond a 'the store is out of X this week' levels she's got going on.

11.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I'm newish to Tamara's videos and it's fascinating watching her in a car wreck kinda way. The prepper pantry is nuts - what is she prepping for, exactly? I got anxiety when she showed how much food they had in their deep freeze and she was saying that she wants to get another one! What happens if they lose power during a storm or something? Hopefully they have a generator because otherwise all that food will spoil.

In a recent video where she was making herself lunch, at first I thought that she was actually making a good choice for once cooking up some chicken thighs with veggies and a bit of orzo. When she dropped HALF A STICK OF BUTTER in the pot to start cooking I was like holy shit lol. She then, of course, added heavy cream and loads of cheese too. Her and her husband must be in horrible health - can't imagine what their blood pressure and cholesterol are like.

ETA: I started following her right about the time they were listing their house and moving. I think she mentioned family was a factor and that they previously were going to move back to their hometown one other time. She also mentioned not liking the school Winston went to. The move seemed like they just decided one day to do it and never looked back...sort of like they were running away from something? Not sure why they couldn't wait just a few short months for Winston to finish up school for the year.

12.     +2   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    Just skimmed through the new video, 10 meals, super cheap. I agree all of the meals are cheap but the way she makes them (she didn’t cook in this video, just talked about food for almost 20mins) is super unhealthy. She said they don’t like regular spaghetti because they like to add a little extra cheese to it.. she thinks she ever adds just “a little” cheese to anything?! She adds cheese to Mac and cheese lmao I’ve never seen anyone else do that.

13.     Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Enm824 @ 30/3/2022, 21:47) 
    Just skimmed through the new video, 10 meals, super cheap. I agree all of the meals are cheap but the way she makes them (she didn’t cook in this video, just talked about food for almost 20mins) is super unhealthy. She said they don’t like regular spaghetti because they like to add a little extra cheese to it.. she thinks she ever adds just “a little” cheese to anything?! She adds cheese to Mac and cheese lmao I’ve never seen anyone else do that.

She's been doing more of these videos where she's sitting in a car talking about food instead of showing it.

14.     +3   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    I didn't watch this recent video but she did one not too long ago and I was dying at her stupidity. She was talking about ways to save money and she's trying to explain that if you buy in bulk you can save money. She shows a single onion at whatever cents per pound and tells us it's going to cost 80 cents for one onion. Then she shows a bag of onions that is 3 lbs and counts out the onions and says you can get 10 onions for $3. Totally discounting the fact that these items are sold by weight, not by quantity and if you did the math, the loose onions you picked yourself were cheaper by the pound than the bagged onions were. Just a silly thing but I noticed it right away, this woman is trying to teach people how to 'save money' and didn't do the basic math to see she wasn't saving money at all!

15.     Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    I caught that too, lol. :snickering:

378 replies since 25/3/2022, 18:03   26566 views