Southern Wife Everday Life

« Older   Newer »

1.     +5   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I feel like she uses the whole "food security" thing to legitimize hoarding food. She makes it seem like if you don't do that, you don't care about your family or aren't taking care of them properly. The amount of times she brings it up is super weird to me - she must get a lot of comments about it that bother her.

2.     +3   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (blondeambition @ 31/3/2022, 21:15) 
    I feel like she uses the whole "food security" thing to legitimize hoarding food. She makes it seem like if you don't do that, you don't care about your family or aren't taking care of them properly. The amount of times she brings it up is super weird to me - she must get a lot of comments about it that bother her.

I think you’re right. Every time she shows her freezer/ refrigerator and pantry they’re always completely full and she STILL goes shopping. She is definitely a food hoarder.

3.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Enm824 @ 4/1/2022, 02:20 AM) 
    QUOTE (blondeambition @ 31/3/2022, 21:15) 

I think you’re right. Every time she shows her freezer/ refrigerator and pantry they’re always completely full and she STILL goes shopping. She is definitely a food hoarder.

Exactly! And it's not like she incorporates fresh fruit and veggies into her meals which would necessitate going to the store each week. Really, bread products are probably the only thing she uses that she can't hoard. She has enough food on hand to cook for months but still shops every week!

4.     +1   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (blondeambition @ 1/4/2022, 18:42) 
    QUOTE (Enm824 @ 4/1/2022, 02:20 AM) 

Exactly! And it's not like she incorporates fresh fruit and veggies into her meals which would necessitate going to the store each week. Really, bread products are probably the only thing she uses that she can't hoard. She has enough food on hand to cook for months but still shops every week!

It would definitely last months, it’s only 3 of them and a child. I know they eat a ton of food but still, it would last a while. She shouldn’t buy any more meat or frozen food, she obviously doesn’t need anymore canned or boxed foods but she continues to get it every week. Just by going to the store she is bound to get more junk food. I doubt she tries to get Winston to eat fruits and vegetables, the lunches she packs for him are awful! I got sick of watching her lunchbox videos, I asked her one time if he ever gets lunch in school and she said no, he probably wouldn’t eat whatever it was because he’s so used to eating unhealthy food.

5. MizzyLizzy
        +6   Like  

User deleted

What so many of these faux preppers don't see is that NOW is the times they have been prepping for. Inflation and food shortages shouldn't matter as much to someone who has that much food stocked away. Give your grocery bill a break for a month and use down some of that stock that isn't going to last forever. The fact that she can't do that tells me that she is more of a panic buyer than prepper.

6.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    She had mentioned once that he started eating breakfast at school after a teacher told her he scarfed down something I don't remember what. He will eat stuff, she just doesn't want him to, just my opinion. If he isn't relying solely on her what does she have. She got her tubes tied a year or two ago. She told everyone after because she had it done during Christmas break. She was working as a lunch lady at a school at the time. I believe these moms make their kids their brand so to speak. If the kids get independent then they don't have any content. With her it's food. I have food insecurity issues but am no where near the hoarder she is. I just make sure to have 2 weeks of necessary supplies and call it good as I rotate things. Therapy is a good thing. 🙂

7.     +1   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    So, when they moved did Luke find a new job? Are they still close their old area?

I stopped watching her when she collaborated with COO-COO Cluttered Mother.

8.     +2   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    I think they moved back to where they grew up which if I remember right was like 2 hours from Lexington. I don’t know about his job situation, I would think he had to get a new job.

9.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    She said in her recent video that he owns his own business.

10.     +3   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    This is kind of terrible but now that there is a bakery page for this channel, I'm paying more attention when I watch her videos and like holy shit, I really don't understand how these people aren't already in some serious health trouble with the way they eat. They didn't eat a single dinner that could be considered healthy. When they do eat a vegetable, it's loaded with cheese and whatever else Tamara can think to throw in there to mask the taste. Also whoever mentioned Luke and the grilling and how much he grills, I never fully paid attention to that either. I mean how on earth did they decide they needed all that pork plus a hot dog on the side? I guess they must either not go to the doctor or not care about the results. They eat soooo poorly.

11.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    She uses SO much butter! Every recipe starts off with at least half a stick melted in the pan. Why can't she just use a tablespoon or two of olive or avocado oil like most other people?

And the car line snacks...even if you have to wait there for half an hour, you seriously can't go that long without eating? There are so many really small things she could change about how she eats and she would probably drop a ton of weight immediately.

12.     +1   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    OMG I cant with her! She is sooo gross, the food she cooks is DISGUSTING and I can't with the "lol at least something is on table right mamas!!" I get it but EVERY night?? Nah, you're not busy you're just a nasty "cook". No veggies, EVER, and then she says her son (I actually think it's Wynston with a fancy Y, you guys...omg I cringe) is a picky eater. NO SHIT he's a picky eater, he eats what you feed him and it's ALL SHIT. All they eat is meat, carbs, and cheese. And the amount is mind boggling. It is vomtastic and no wonder her and her husband are both like 300 lbs. So so so gross, I can't w/ this channel.

Funny thing is I found Mountain Momma Living through her and it's night and day the way they cook. MML is a pretty good channel except the girl is a huge debbie downer...her food is healthy, at the very least!

13.     +2   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Ya know that's another good point, the vast majority of Tamara's food just looks gross. Some other channels I watch do not show healthy meals either, but the food looks good and I'd eat it. For the most part, Tamara's food does not look appetizing, nothing looks fresh or good.

14.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    She cooks everything to death in the crockpot. I think it's gross when she makes burgers in there.

15.     +1   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Redsmoothie @ 4/4/2022, 22:54) 
    OMG I cant with her! She is sooo gross, the food she cooks is DISGUSTING and I can't with the "lol at least something is on table right mamas!!" I get it but EVERY night?? Nah, you're not busy you're just a nasty "cook". No veggies, EVER, and then she says her son (I actually think it's Wynston with a fancy Y, you guys...omg I cringe) is a picky eater. NO SHIT he's a picky eater, he eats what you feed him and it's ALL SHIT. All they eat is meat, carbs, and cheese. And the amount is mind boggling. It is vomtastic and no wonder her and her husband are both like 300 lbs. So so so gross, I can't w/ this channel.

Funny thing is I found Mountain Momma Living through her and it's night and day the way they cook. MML is a pretty good channel except the girl is a huge debbie downer...her food is healthy, at the very least!

It is actually spelt Winston, not with a Y lol but yes, of course he’s picky! She doesn’t make healthy meals for him ever. His lunches consist of undercooked quesadillas, cold pizza rolls. Candy, cookies.. all junk!! I watched her what’s for dinner and the amount of cheese she put in that broccoli was insane and the sugar in the peas?! Way too much (I personally don’t put any, ever) the hotdogs they had to grill to go along with the meat they already had.. why?!

378 replies since 25/3/2022, 18:03   26554 views