Status
    Anonymous
    :)

2.     +2   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    I’m very new to her! I just found her channel about a month ago. I did binge all her videos since because we have the same style. I’m a huge thrifter myself. It’s what I watch on YT most besides cleaning motivation videos. (Thrift/antique/flea market hauls etc)

She’s pretty new to YT as well. I don’t have much of an opinion of her just yet though I’m curious what others think.

3.     +3   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Planning Karen Orchid’s 60th Birthday Party at The Lake Club!

Status
    Anonymous
    Thank you for fulfilling the request!

I think Kristen is beautiful but so does she if you catch my drift. She is a very talented artist and I really enjoy her thrifting adventures. But I see through her fake personality. She is the type of person who acts like they don’t know what they are doing when in reality, they have been plotting every move for months. She strikes me as highly manipulative. Fake laughter. Acting like she doesn’t know what this or that is so her subscribers can feel like they are helping her. It’s all an act.

Does anyone know her backstory? She comes across as the type who should have married the quarterback of the small town football team who later became an insurance salesman but instead she is with a heavier set pastor who she is always quick to point out doesn’t make enough money for their family. She has said that he is a talented musician, so maybe she was just a groupie who was taken by his stage presence. I suppose that snagging the pastor is like dating the lead singer in church circles. I wonder if she had a dark past and a come to Jesus type of moment because there is something about her that seems edgy and phony. It doesn’t quite add up.

She has also been losing a lot of weight since the birth of her last baby. She is flaunting her new body in all of her hauls but she looks like she is taking it too far to me.

4.     +2   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    When I discovered her channel, I thought it was really fun and I like that she seems less pretentious than Hilary (who collabed with her). But now that I've watched awhile I can barely make it through a video because of her super fake laugh. It's weird, does she think it's cute?

5.     +1   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Thoughts on her new house? 1900 Farmhouse outside of Omaha but in Iowa.

I LOVE older homes but this one misses the mark for me. It’s okay but it needs some work. I don’t care for the stain-glass window patterns or the neighborhood location. The other houses are all mismatched (ranch, new construction, standard mid-century, farmhouse, businesses...very disjointed). Some of it looks dilapidated (the front porch, floors, woodwork) but that can be improved. The paint choices and newer updates take away a lot of its original charm. I do like the front exterior and the interior pocket doors.

I’m curious what they paid for this place because it reads to me as a fixer upper. The energy isn’t there for me. I actually like her old house better but Kristen has an eye for style. I’m sure it will all come together.

6.     +2   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I only know of her through Hilary who I can't stand. It didn't take me long to find that she bought the house for $300k. Sometimes I wonder if these people are actually aware how much they give away.

7.     +2   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Does anyone know what the housing market is like in that part of the country? (Omaha/Iowa). Where I’m originally from, if you are getting approved for a $300K mortgage you are doing just fine. She acts like they are poverty stricken. More proof that she is phony and this is all an act. I’d like to know if it was her parents or his who help them out financially.

8.     +1   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Her house looks looks like a total money pit. They overpaid and will have to pour even more money into this house. If and when they sell, they will be lucky to break even considering how insane the market is right now. The house is in the middle of nowhere but sits on a busy road. Isn’t the whole purpose of living in the country to have peace and quiet? A foolish purchase all around but I will be eager to see what she does to correct its flaws and make it a home.

9.     +3   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    I personally like the new house, but it definitely is a fixer upper. They for sure over paid. They either have more money than she lets on or is getting help from parents.

The more I watch her the more pretentious she seems. I really love her style but I don’t know how much more I can take of that phony act of hers. I may have to get my inspo elsewhere. Her “I am holier than you, prettier and better than you in every way” attitude is so off putting. It is just disingenuous.

10.     +2   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    In her Q&A video, she said that she only started thrifting when she got married out of necessity and grew up thinking it was for poor people. :eyeroll:

I don’t think she’s the wisest person in the world or the friendliest. She said she didn’t make friends in college and jumped around to different campuses.

The juiciest tidbit was that her parents divorced when she was 5 and her Dad “remarried veryyy young” and it was a scandal. I wonder what the story is there. She claims the young stepmom is her best friend and said something like she is “happy to have her Mom in her life, too.” I found that to be a very odd statement. It sounded like there are some issues there which may or may not be repeating itself with her own girls. She seems resentful of being a Mom and wants to get away from them. She comes across as annoyed by the girls. It doesn’t sit well with me.

I thought the comment she supposedly got about being someone who doesn’t look poor or whatever was totally written by her. It was such a childish thing to say and sounds like something she admittedly thought when she was younger. Totally full of herself!

11.     +2   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    I haven’t watched any of her videos in a couple months nor this Q & A (though I did see it in my feed, just chose to scroll on by) so thank you for updating.

What I got from your commentary makes perfect sense to me. She is definitely very pretentious and condescending. Saying she didn’t have many friends, maybe because she is that snobby type who thinks no one is good enough for her. I’ve definitely known girls like that who had a very small circle because people couldn’t stand them.

If I remember I’ll unsubscribe, she has cute style but I can’t support a snooty bitch. There’s too many other humble thrifters in the YT universe!

12.     +1   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    She said in today’s video that 97% of her viewers are women and she was asking the men to leave her a comment. Does she not realize 2.5% of those men are pervs and predators? What an attention whore.

13.     +2   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    40 Things She Doesn’t Buy.

It’s great to be responsible but they are CHEAP! It is insulting to be invited to a birthday party and not bring a gift. Go to the Dollar Store and pick out a book, some candy and a toy if money is really
    that tight which I don’t believe. When you accept an invitation to a party, you are taking a meal and an activity for free. The least you can do is exchange that generosity with a small gift and a heartfelt card.

I can overlook a lot of things but people who are stingy and cheap are the worst. If you can’t buy a gift, don’t accept 20 invites. Maybe only RSVP to the parties of the children your kid is closest to.

14.     +1   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I’m totally talking to myself on this thread but I’m sure in time more people will eventually discover her channel.

Her love story with her husband was incredibly boring! I typically love hearing origin stories from couples but this one might be the dullest I’ve ever heard. It seemed like she wasn’t even romantically interested in the guy. Not then and not now. I’m getting the vibe that she isn’t very attracted to this man. She would be the type to have an affair at 37 with someone else. She probably felt safe with him and settled. Insecurities at play.

He said something like “Every man in the world wanted to date Kristen but she only ever had 3 boyfriends including me.” To which she said “Yeah.”

lol. This chick is so full of herself. She is very pretty especially for a small town but her personality is fake and totally lacking. I’m sure a lot of guys weren’t interested after they got to know her which is why she is married to someone she doesn’t seem to even like all that much. And 3 boyfriends is a fair number by your early 20s especially since she said one relationship was long term.

Her husband is sober, so I’m sure there’s a lot she left out of this story. It’s nice to marry your friend but I’m not seeing much of a spark. Her husband is all about her because he knows he married up but she could take or leave him. Totally one sided.

15.     +2   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    I binged most of her videos. I like her the home renovation style and trift hauls, but I have to agree that her fake persona is very annoying.
    I think she is unhappy. Her marriage is very strange there is zero connection between them. They seems more like a brother and sister than a couple. Also it is cringe that she agreed to go on the date with him only if pays for everything and owns the car. It worth to notice that at that poit they had been friends for several years.
    I don't know. She giving me strong Myka Stauffer vibes.

73 replies since 25/4/2022, 18:02   13172 views