BasketcaseNeedsASafeSpaceLikeJen Pt 346

« Older   Newer »

1.     +38   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    My favorite thing about those to-do lists is that Jen decided she needed a to-do list notebook because she didn't like throwing them away when she was done; she wanted to look back to see all she "accomplished." LOL

2.     +25   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group
    waiting for more pretties to be cast off in rage

Status
    QUOTE (deltaburkefan @ 19/6/2022, 19:56) 
    Don was always going to win the divorce because he’s a rich man who likes being a dad and has all his hair. 🤷‍♀️ And Jen can’t even find someone to go a concert with her.

Agree all day. He was never going to be on the market for long. I’m not shocked at all that he’s fully transitioned into a new home, marriage, and family. The only surprising thing is how good of a selection he managed to make. Jenbo wasn’t out of his league after all.

I think she still believes she is out of his league though - maybe she can’t move on because her narcissistic tendencies won’t let her. Robot like Jen can’t compute a universe in which Don’s life is better without her, and hers isn’t better without him. Tens is also not a young bimbo, or a cougar, or any other cliche you might have anticipated - she’s like them. A late-30s divorced parent from their same area. She just beats Jen in every quality-of-life category you can think of.

Yet another reason for Jen to get some proper freaking therapy.

3.     +16   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I wonder if it was a stall tactic? Like Don wouldn’t think to kick Jen out of RM1 until she had time to go through all her stuff? She was definitely smug in the early days that she was staying in the house and even mentioned a few improvement projects she planned to do. She panicked and bought the first house she could and buried her head in the sand when Don moved on so quickly.

Why in the world doesn’t she hire some help if she’s overwhelmed? Get a couple of students for the summer to go through everything and coordinate selling things (garage sales, consignment shops, Facebook marketplace, etc). She’d make a mint and be left with a clean slate.

4.     +21   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    These "to do" lists are hysterical.

She had to write down to walk and feed her dog to check it off and feel like she accomplished something and is not a complete waste of oxygen.

3o7TKr3nzbh5WgCFxe_0

5. The Ghost of Glenview's Past
        +6   Like  

User deleted

As a content creator Jen should wish everyone a happy father's day, wishing every one a great day.

Sent via ForumFree Mobile

6. MrArthurRadley
        +23   Like  

User deleted

It always made me eyeroll when she wrote "dinner" on her to-do list. Because we all know, all that amounted to was her going to the kitchen when D** finished preparing a meal after working and stopping for ingredients on his way home.
    The rest of us would have jotted down reminders to defrost something or what time to put something in the oven. Not the princess.

7.     +10   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    In my closet eating hidden chocolate, nose pointed out for strategic reasons

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Land Creature @ 19/6/2022, 20:29) 

She had to write down to walk and feed her dog to check it off and feel like she accomplished something

Sounds a lot like PlanWithLaken, who likes getting her checkmarks for routine tasks.

8.     +2   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (AlltheReisenthels @ 19/6/2022, 19:48) 
    QUOTE (seabassJr @ 19/6/2022, 18:15) 
    It’s got to hurt that Don, who spent over a decade catering to her every whim, didn’t want to sit down and go through all the sht SHE acquired and reminisce about the good times. Instead, the man who wrote her poetry and validated every bit of her crazy, grabbed the onion goggles and headed back to the bachelor pad to fire up a steak for the new girl. It really is mind blowing when someone who was your greatest support becomes a stranger. But that’s how life works, Jen, and you constantly make things a thousand times harder on yourself.

Pay movers to pack every last thing up and never go back to that house that “never felt like a home.” After unpacking the essentials, go through a box or two per day until you are done. This can even include moving things into “one year check in” boxes. At that year, hire a professional organizer if necessary.

The difference between Jen and your average person with depression and anxiety is money. Loads of it. She could make her life a thousand times easier and eliminate so many of the stresses that make her so miserable.

I can imagine she was picturing herself and Don sitting at a table and arguing about every single plate, tablecloth and so on. So many fights she was looking forward to. She probably had it already on her mind what to say about every piece like "you never used this beautiful handtowel which I bought for springtime 2015 at Nordstroms.

She wanted it to be like that scene in When Harry Met Sally.

9.     +33   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Her to do lists are a cross between a 6 year-old and a 75 year-old. Yoga, massages, shopping. In between all the Winnie-related items. She did absolutely nothing of any value in that marriage.

10.     +25   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (CryingGrayMarshmallowBlob @ 19/6/2022, 21:04) 
    QUOTE (Land Creature @ 19/6/2022, 20:29) 

She had to write down to walk and feed her dog to check it off and feel like she accomplished something

Sounds a lot like PlanWithLaken, who likes getting her checkmarks for routine tasks.

Laken’s moving to Chicago. Let’s see if that friendship gets rekindled. 👀

11.     +2   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Can one of you Bakery Thotties post the link to the Christmas card / review slideshow thing someone here made?

12.     +11   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Thanks for not wearing the shirt of the band you were there to see. It's nice to see advice being taken. Unfortunately, that tank top wasn't even cute or flattering 6 years ago. I bet she still bought a shirt, mug, poster, tote bag, and keychain to remember another epic night alone.

My first front row concert experience was Korn in the 90's. What a time to be a youth.

It's been a rollercoaster of catching up here. Weekends at the Bakery get wild.

13.     +13   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    In my closet eating hidden chocolate, nose pointed out for strategic reasons

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (deltaburkefan @ 19/6/2022, 21:23) 
    QUOTE (CryingGrayMarshmallowBlob @ 19/6/2022, 21:04) 

Laken’s moving to Chicago. Let’s see if that friendship gets rekindled. 👀

No, because newlywed Laken wouldn't want to catch anything from Jen's divorce vibes :agace:

(and I realize Laken's mom has been married/divorced at least 3 or 4 times; comment is just referencing Jen's thoughts about why she has no friends)

14.     +9   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    I seen a show that talked about people who get a rush from shopping. The act of picking the items and paying for it gives them some sort of rush then when they get it home it means nothing to them and they go back out to buy more. The show said these people were filling an emptiness they had. She's constantly battling herself which must be so exhausting. Seems like she's just trying to fill her days with anything Don's money can buy because she doesn't have anything in her life that fulfills her. She's literally working towards nothing. She wakes up and thinks of where she should travel to, what cabin to rent or what concert she should attend. Sounds nice, but imagine not having a purpose? Her kids don't need to be a priority because they're with their father most of the time, she doesn't work, she doesn't volunteer, she doesn't do anything to her house, she doesn't have a main hobby. It's been said before and it is Jens issues that put her in this position, but what a sad way to live. It seems nice to have the disposable income she has, but I could never trade my life for hers. That is one lonely, sad person.

15.     +9   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    QUOTE (GrownUpStickerBook @ 6/19/2022, 06:57 PM) 
    It’s amazing that Jen wanted to ditch the Mickey Christmas tree but is clinging to the wedding dress. For normal actual humans, keeping the tree for the kids she’s indoctrinated into her Disney world and ditching the wedding dress from Don’s starter marriage would make sense. She clearly got rid of the tree out of spite and anger (for a variety of reasons). There might be deeper psychological (or even financial) reasons she’s hanging on to the wedding dress, but at the very least she can’t let go of the memories the dress evokes of beautiful Princess Jen on her special day.

Do we have evidence that she ditched the Disney tree? I ‘m in the camp that it’s packed away somewhere. If she decided to part with it she would have tried to sell it to the highest bidder on Patreon.

909 replies since 17/6/2022, 19:18   100385 views