Burnt Toast

« Older   Newer »

1.     +2   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    The issue has never come up before.
    Will just have to wait and see what happens.

I think it would be the Seattle passport office he went to, that's closest to where he lives.

2.     +2   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    People can change A LOT (or not!) in two decades.

Good luck -- I mean that sincerely!

3.     +2   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    I have no intentions of marrying him until he has been here a full year.

I am not that stupid!

If he doesn't like me out and about this time of the year I just won't tell him!

4.     +8   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Health insurance :tearing-hair: every fucking time I have to call and ask about a claim/bill/coverage :smashing_computer: :furious:

5.     +1   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    So my doctor has this one nurse that likes to answer all his portal emails. She makes me sooo freaking mad. She gives bad medical advice (like telling me to take the medicine to get a yeast infection before giving me medicine to keep me from getting a yeast infection from the medicine) 😩 and is rude AF. I can't stand her and she makes me cry every time she answers his portal email when I email him. This time was about CT results when it reached out she had the very rude reply. I cried for hours about it. A nurse shouldn't make you feel this way.

6.     +3   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    That is awful. I know it can take a lot of effort to complain and she might be an asshole about it, but maybe even if they take not action to change her ways, they might be able to put a note on your file “Nurse XYZ not to email Itpaystobesmart” and you won’t have to deal with her anymore?

Plus if others complain (or have in the past!) this would add up to a paper trail of her problems.

I’m so sorry she’s put you in this situation though. What an unpleasant person

7.     +2   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    :hug: ItPays. I'm sorry she's such a bitch. :(

8.     +4   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Thank you, yes I thought of asking the clinic not allowing her to answer my emails. I rather my emails sit for a few days, than her replies. My doctor has been my doctor since I was 15 and I'm turning 38 in a few weeks. He is also my kids doctor he has watched me grow up and have kids and now watching my kids grow up. He knows everything about me. She isn't even one his nurses. She just a nurse who sits in the clinic answering emails all day.

9.     +6   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    I think you should voice your concerns to the clinic too. There may be other people saying the same as you and you would help strengthen their voices. A nurse like her should not be allowed to interact with patients. That is not good patient care

10.     +1   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group
    Making myself feel better by spewing negativity

Status
    Anonymous
    WTF is going on with Ulta's site? I'm trying to place an order and it keeps not putting the right variation into my cart, not putting the item into my cart at all, going back to the wrong cart or just deleting everything. Let me spend $200 in peace, Ulta!!!

11.     +8   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    I had a hard day. I called my gyn to tell her some things--like I have a lump and some other issues with my breast. She told me I should come in today (I just called her yesterday). Today she examined me and told me I need a diagnostic mammogram and ultrasound. I called to set that up right away when I was in the car, and the soonest appointment is April 9th. I am not so worried about April 9th being so far for treatment, but I am worried about my mental torture of waiting that long. I have made it this far in life with no anxiety drugs, but truth be told I should be the poster child for those, and maybe some SSRI's too. The idea of waiting till April 9th for this work up is so frustrating. I did call everyone after that in my area. I live in the Bay Area, and we have many hospitals around us. I am fully insured which is wonderful, but I couldn't find one that would take me sooner. I did call the Zuckerberg center where I took my son's friend when she was needing help, but I am not qualified for that center (which makes total sense since I am very well insured) but they were the the most helpful and willing to help me find a quicker test. Ugh. I need to just get over it and realize that I may need to wait and hopefully I am okay. My doctor seemed worried by my situation, but couldn't help.

12.     +6   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    We're neighbors! I went through the same exact thing last year. It IS anxiety inducing, especially when the doctors tell you to make an appointment with urgency but the same hospital won't even get you in for weeks. Sorry you're going through this. Try to block it out and then allow yourself to freak out on the actual day of the appointment... Easier said (by some idiot in the internet) than done... That's how I handled it. Thank God it turned out to be these little water lumps that come and go on their own... Kind of painful nodules ranging in the size of a pea to maybe almost a small walnut, that you can feel by massaging. Anyway, just throwing this out there in any attempt to help you calm down. Wishing you the best, keep us posted.

13.     +3   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Thank you that really helps. Yes I know this may be nothing. I have had other symptoms for the last month and it was concerning to see my doctors reaction to it today but I also know that waiting till April to know the diagnosis won’t be something that effects me health wise. I need to be patient and just accept it. It was hard to get through work today but truthfully I know whatever happens it will be okay. I appreciate your kind response

14.     +4   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    I had a similar situation and the doctor’s office called radiology directly to schedule the appointment, which got me in sooner. If you haven’t already, you may want to contact your doctor’s office and let them know that you can’t get in until April; they may not want you to wait that long. I’m sorry you’re going through this, because it’s really stressful.

15.     +8   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Thank you, I did call the doctor's office, and they recommended that I call the scheduling line each day to see if there are cancellations, so I will do that. Stanford Health said that they may be able to get me in a few weeks sooner, but I have to go to my usual mammogram place and then physically drive my images from the last 3 years to them, and it would be very far. I work full-time, and I am just not sure if it is worth it for a few weeks difference. I am feeling more at peace with it this morning. Thank you for your kind response.

160 replies since 1/7/2022, 02:28   4894 views