The Mills Family Part 22: Thomas is free, when will Asher and Judah flee?

« Older   Newer »

1.     +8   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    Credit to Mommaof5 for the title. :thumbs-up:

2.     +2   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    First post!!

3.     +3   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Love the title

4.     +6   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Title rocks just like Thomas. Party at the bakery for Thomas.

5.     +3   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Great title!

6.     +8   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Hopefully his lease starts August 1st. They can load the van and have him unpacked in 15 minutes.

7.     +9   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Toomuchlaugh @ 7/17/2022, 04:43 AM) 
    Hopefully his lease starts August 1st. They can load the van and have him unpacked in 15 minutes.

as 'Daddy' says "many hands make light work"

and TomAss never has to do anything or carry anything!

8.     +5   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Toomuchlaugh @ 7/17/2022, 04:43 AM) 

They won't need the van - Thomas' stuff will likely fit in the trunk of his car.

What is the vehicle situation? Tom has the new van and is still driving the red car for work? Is Thomas still driving the car he bought when he turned 16 or has he upgraded? Do Asher and/or Judah have a vehicle?

9.     +5   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Thomas still has the same car. Asher was suppose to get title of Andrea's van, but it is for sale. Judah, doesn't have a car, do he even have a license?

Thomas, is independent, he probably either have furniture company moving his furniture or he purchased a storage locker for a month. There is no room in that house to store an apartment's worth of furniture.

10.     +3   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    marking my spot :) and way to go Mommaof5 for the title :)

11.     +4   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    Love this title. Tom is so selfish, I would be surprised if he let Thomas take any of HIS stuff .

12.     +7   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Mindless Chatter @ 17/7/2022, 08:32) 
    Love this title. Tom is so selfish, I would be surprised if he let Thomas take any of HIS stuff .

What could Thomas possibly have stored in the house? He certainly won’t be taking apart the coffin bed. He has a crock pot, pizza oven, small mini fridge. As far as clothes other than the polos what are they allowed. 2 pairs of jean. So minimal clothing.
    2 carloads at most ? More likely he is purchasing household goods. Perhaps Andrea’s sisters could put together an assortment of miscellaneous items for him.

I still say items he purchase with his own hard earned money Is appreciated & valued more.
    Once you learn the concept of how long you work to buy said item, it puts budgeting in perspective. I find the young ones choose items more wisely & are less impulsive purchases.
    Andrea did work with him on banking, and budgeting even going so far as letting Thomas drive to bank drive thru to make deposits. It may sound silly, but it’s learning life skills. Thomas had the most advantage of Andrea’s guidance since he was the oldest.

I do wish him all the best.

13.     +7   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    I love the title, now marking my spot, may we excel in thoughtfulness, and respect for each other.

14.     +14   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Perfect title!

Thomas can probably shove all his worldly goods into one large carboard box gleaned from work. I don't think he'll want to take the 13 polo shirts!

Tom mentioned that there'd been some dispute with Thomas for wanting to put his OWN food in the family fridge. The fridge is divided into sections as we all know and traditionally - tradition is everything to Tom - that leaves no empty slot for Thomas. Well now Thomas can shop for himself and please himself and I really hope he ventures away from the traditional Mills menu crap and eats some healthy and nutritious foods.

All in good time, though. Sleeping in a real bed in his own room in his own home will be a huge culture shock to the lad and I pray he makes a huge success of his life.

Incidentally, I think Asher would make a great nurse or carer, if only he could be coaxed out of the house and out from under Tom's thumb.

The caveat being of course that Asher could grow up and stop taking pleasure from tormenting the kids and could abandon his fixation with gore.

15.     +15   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    I missed any commentary regarding shelf space for Thomas! I bet there were MANY disagreements between those two for Thomas to reach the point of wanting to move out. I hope Thomas knows how disgusting Tom was the other night talking about Thomas's finances and how he is blowing every bit of his savings. Keep your mouth shut, Tom! At least Thomas is smart enough to"blow his savings" on items that will give him independence in the future. You only blew your money on video games, girls and food courts at that age.

As for Asher- I'm with the other poster who mentioned Asher's ability to receive a W2 or 1099 form and get some credits toward social security. I could guarantee you that Tom is paying Asher under the table and trying to tell Asher how much better that is and how much further the money goes without paying taxes. I'm just concerned with how little he is probably paying him. Remember when Andrea said that Tom would pay Thomas $1 an hour to watch the shop? Let's hope he pays Asher more. It's also concerning how Tom made the comment one night that he didn't think Asher needed any additional training outside of Tom for the computer work.

No, no, no!!! Asher- if you like computers, get REAL training! Make sure your father is paying you properly. Save every penny and follow Thomas' lead. I hope Thomas will be a guiding force with all of those kids to help get them out of there!

Tom needs to spend less time chatting with his "special friend" and micro managing his kids. He needs to spend more time cleaning up his yard and his home!! He disgusts me!!! :tearing-hair:

887 replies since 17/7/2022, 03:21   116804 views