Clutter with me: Corningware, Calico & Lace - This and More on Patreon!

My Great Challenge - Partie Vingt Quatre

« Older   Newer »

1.     +6   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    Thanks to KittyOfLeisure for the thread title

2.     +2   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    LOL, love the title...more clutter to come.

3.     +4   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    I will admit, that sometimes watching a Sofia video is good motivation......

to....

fill a trashbag.

4.     +5   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (LateKate @ 11/13/2022, 08:08 AM) 

Thanks. I didn't even know I was proposing a title with that one or, if I did, I've forgotten, LOL.

5.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (KittyOfLeisure @ 13/11/2022, 19:42) 
    QUOTE (LateKate @ 11/13/2022, 08:08 AM) 

Thanks. I didn't even know I was proposing a title with that one or, if I did, I've forgotten, LOL.

You didn’t, I saw it, thought it was funny so put it forward for the new title as the thread was at a crazy 88 pages.

I know you think I’m not a “thread regular” anymore but I still pop over ever few weeks to catchup with Sophia’s Shenanigans, I just don’t comment much as the thread has usually moved on by the time I read 2 week old posts.

Anyway... as you were.

6.     +2   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    She's milking the quick clean for messy people that she likely just did in one day because she's a lazy youtuber.

7.     +2   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    The NYTimes had an article today about the cortisol level of people who have a cluttered home is higher than not. It said if you weren't bothered by it and didn't feel the need to clean it up you wouldn't be affected. But I think she is bothered by it but her wish to have everything with a never-ending thirst for more keeps the cycle going.

8.     Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Lauren Gauthier @ 11/14/2022, 09:51 PM) 
    The NYTimes had an article today about the cortisol level of people who have a cluttered home is higher than not. It said if you weren't bothered by it and didn't feel the need to clean it up you wouldn't be affected. But I think she is bothered by it but her wish to have everything with a never-ending thirst for more keeps the cycle going.

Do you know which section? I tried to find it on my app, but I don't see it - love to read it.

I've heard that a cluttered home can be the cause for many problems - cluttered home, cluttered mind, weight problems.

9.     Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Chalky @ 11/14/2022, 09:57 PM) 
    QUOTE (Lauren Gauthier @ 11/14/2022, 09:51 PM) 

Do you know which section? I tried to find it on my app, but I don't see it - love to read it.

I've heard that a cluttered home can be the cause for many problems - cluttered home, cluttered mind, weight problems.

I found it on the website 11/14. I don't know how long it will stay there., Short article.
    Has a free service you can joining to help with clutter but it looks like info that most of us know by now. Still, could be good and the price is right.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/03/well/mi...psychology.html

10.     Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    Thank you - I was able to find it on the app and read it. So interesting.

The bottom line seemed to be stop purchasing stuff lol...which she can't and she should stop accepting gifts. The gifts must feel like a burden to her.

I have to admit I am addicted to the show "Hoarders" and have been watching them again on youtube - these people really do have a problem. I can see Sophia ending up in this position if she doesn't stop acquiring stuff. Especially once the kids are out of the house.

11.     Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    I wish I knew how to copy and paste here. Go take a look at her comment for her current video under her IG account…sheesh.

12.     Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    In the Powder Room Sharing with Wonder 🙌🌎🦋🏆

Status
    Anonymous
    I like Curiosity Inc. On You Tube. Among other things Alex buys hoarder house lots (deceased estates) and goes through the process. He's after antiques and collectables and puts the good stuff through Auction, the useable generic stuff to Charity and fills a lot of dumpsters. It's a big eye opener to what is worth selling and he keeps almost nothing for himself. He's very picky about the type of hoarder house though. Clean piles not gross rodent infested dirty places.

13.     Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    I found a new hoarder type cleaning channel, I've only watched a couple of his videos. Midwest Magic Cleaning, he's autistic and if I understood correctly, like Auri, he cleans for free?

14.     +1   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    I enjoy him as well. It’s definitely a job for him though and not just collecting junque like Sophia. And he’s also easy to look at lol.

Alex fro Curiosity Inc…

15.     Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Nefarious DisneyPrincess @ 11/14/2022, 06:27 PM) 
    I like Curiosity Inc. On You Tube. Among other things Alex buys hoarder house lots (deceased estates) and goes through the process. He's after antiques and collectables and puts the good stuff through Auction, the useable generic stuff to Charity and fills a lot of dumpsters. It's a big eye opener to what is worth selling and he keeps almost nothing for himself. He's very picky about the type of hoarder house though. Clean piles not gross rodent infested dirty places.

I was very invested emotionally in The Potter's House!!! Then I lost interest....I'm fickle.

1585 replies since 13/11/2022, 14:08   62582 views