Tubby Tommy's Youtube channel is fading just like his haircut! Pt 26

« Older   Newer »

1.     +5   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    MountainHiker11 Andrea was working so great with Asher to help him work a little away from the house with his landscaping business. She was helping him to not be so scared. Yeah she drove him to jobs and waited for him while he worked but he was starting to build his own small business and he had to go knock on customers doors and speak with them. She had him all set up with planners to keep his customers contact information in and that business could've grown into something really nice for him. He could've had some independence and been out of the house more working. She was gently helping him to overcome his issues and fears.

Asher should've never had to take on so much major responsibilities when Andrea passed. That was Tommos job as the adult and father of the family. Sure he was shocked and grieving but so are every other parent who lose their spouse to cancer or other disease, or accidents or whatever, every day. That's what being an adult is all about. They chose to have all the kids so it was Tommo's responsibility to step up and take care of everything when Andrea passed. And oh my gosh, he had SO MUCH help. He made plenty of time to complain and whine and be a wuss but he never had "time" to do what needed done. I call BS!

The latest example was the prime rib roast. Oh my gosh...the complaining and whining. And he was "scared of it". Another impulse buy. Whine and complain on youtube was Tommo's answer to the situation. He could've called his Mom. She could've told him exactly what to do and talked him through it. If Cinderella exists, he could've called her too. Nope....its so much easier to whine and be the victim. Its pathetic. The kids are more mature than he is!

Judah likes to goof around and he is pretty immature but he is also a very smart kid and I think his social skills are pretty much ok too. He was ok working at the store. If he had the opportunity to do an apprenticeship he could do great and have a wonderful life. Thomas is already independent and doing good. Justus is showing so much determination and independence to get a good education and make friends and he will have a awesome future. Eden is also a very mature and lovely kid. She takes so much care of the little girls and she is developing her own likes like drawing. Good for her. I hope she goes to school next year too because she is a very smart girl and she will do great. Solly is unbelievable mature and SO smart. Claudia too.

The most immature family member is Tommo! Stuff he says.....his ridiculous behaviors when he is texting his virtual GF all the time. Asher could be ok IF he had a good role model and somebody to help him see how regular 19 years old boys are. And also to take away all that responsibility he has for housekeeping, babysitting, homeschooling etc. This is his last year of teenager years. Its so sad he lost so many of those wonderful years being an adult and shouldering adult responsibilities when he was just a kid. And Tommo needs to QUIT sharing so much embarrassing information about Asher too. IF that is how Asher is, he needs help, NOT his father broadcasting to everybody how much he loves to burn stuff etc.

The "high end red pen" is another example of yet another job Asher does for the family....scores the kids work. Grandma Kitty does that too based on what she said. I guess poor Asher is gonna be doing that for an long time now he's got his "high end red pen" to use. Makes me wonder how much time Asher truly has to go to work with Tommo? Poor kid doesnt have time to turn around based on everything he does in the house!

Cannoli it would be so interesting to see exactly what is in the attic. Asher was doing a "service project" sorting stuff out and organizing up there last time Tommo talked about it. I wonder if Tommo even knows whats up there. Could Solly's winter jacket be up there hanging out with the knife set Rachel Day sent to Thomas?

2.     +7   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    Solomon was very quiet Christmas morning. He was either ill or had been told to settle down before the live started. Eden looked beautiful in the Christmas shirt. Several times she went over to talk to Justus and I hoped they were exchanging snarky comments.

3.     +7   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Lilacs @ 1/11/2023, 01:36 AM) 
    Solomon was very quiet Christmas morning. He was either ill or had been told to settle down before the live started. Eden looked beautiful in the Christmas shirt. Several times she went over to talk to Justus and I hoped they were exchanging snarky comments.

Lilacs I agree. Eden looked so pretty. Since she started wearing jeans that fit her she looks much more confident too. It was so sad to watch her wear those gross high waisted jeans Tommo picked out for her. And oh my gosh, it felt like she wore them forever. Poor kid didn't have a choice. Grandma Kitty wanted to go shopping with her back then too but I guess Tommo was slow to allow that to happen. He should never have been picking out her clothes when she was getting older. Kitty is a very pretty lady who dresses nice. She will help Eden to pick out pretty clothes appropriate for her age. I love the bond Justus and Eden have. I hope they were planning how to "lose" Justus's new whistle pretty fast. Its not cool....its just another weird freaky "toy" Tommo figured was appropriate for him. Why does any kid need a whistle that sounds like a women screaming? He has to go to school and face all his friends after that video was released. Maybe he could put the dang whistle in Asher's potato shooter and shoot if a half mile away, never to be seen again! Then they could say they "lost" it, just like everything else in the house is "lost" eventually.

4.     +9   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    A couple of things.

First someone commented on Tom's grieving when Andrea died, but I don't think I saw much grief. Self pity, for sure. Mournful grief? No. And I think that may have been the reason he denied grieving to his kids. One long walk, one bike ride. Self-indulgence. Ask yourself, did Tom ever talk about how much he loved and missed her? Did he ever talk about all of the things she did? Did he ever talk about her thoughts and feelings and memorable things she said?
    Did he ever say, "I don't think I'll ever be truly happy again!". No. He talked about how we're all just meat sacks. No use thinking about it. Just keep on keeping on. I think he didn't want his own lack of emotion highlighted by his kids' devastation. And so they had to suppress it. But they felt it, I know. I'll never forget Tom saying that all that little 4 year old Claudia did was play her mom's videos over and over and over again, while she watched in the computer room. She just lingered on her mom's voice. Her laugh. And watching herself being cuddled by her mom. When I think of that, it's all I can do to not put a contract out on Tom.

My parents grew up in Germany during the second world war. It made them vocal defenders of freedom and free speech. My dad used to say, "fascism can happen anywhere. Here too. All that has to happen is that you shut down the free press, the exchange of ideas. Then it's over and you get dictators and fascism". My parents experienced Hitler as tiny children. They were ten years old or so when the war ended and it scarred them forever.

So when I see Asher do the Hitler crap, and Tom encouraging potato guns and starter pistols and all the rest of their weaponry, I think, "Ignorance. Pure unadulterated, ugly ignorance.". Hitler was not a man to be esteemed or admired and I wish Asher had some sound minds around to discuss his thinking with. Because this is all just tragic.

We have this guy Kohberger who is a psychopath, and who, if he did it, murdered people in cold blood. With no concern or emotion. The very definition of a psychopath. I am not saying any of the Mills' are psychopaths. I AM saying, communication skills, the free exchange of ideas, education (in more than criminology) and yes, faith and spirituality are all important aspects of growing a human being. When Andrea died, that all came to an abrupt halt and I hate to see it. I hope Thomas realizes he benefitted from his mom the most. He has to take her place as best he can. I think that is what he is trying to do. Those hand made soaps? That was pure Andrea.

One last thing. The plastic crap and stupid junk Tom bought. I love to read Reddit in the tub in the morning and I especially love the subreddit called "thrift store hauls". People show the most amazing things they got at the good will or a local thrift store and I love it. Anyway, a few days ago, a lady posted the most beautiful and amazing collection of wooden toys she had been accumulating because they just got approved to be Foster Parents. All hand carved wooden toys, painted bright colors. Doll houses and furniture, a pull train, building blocks, carved animals. There were hundreds and hundreds of pieces.

Think how much happier the Mills kids would be with quality and craftsmanship in their lives and less stupid junk. Things to foster their skills and creativity. Instead of hairspray powered potato bombs.

5.     +8   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    When my kids were little, I did Melissa and Doug toys, wooden toys, Waldorf dolls and the like. Toy kitchens and real metal pots and pans. It was so fun. We had some normal plastic stuff too. The sort of toys daycares/preschools have would've been useful in a large family because they're sturdy and all the kids could use them. Getting a kid a flint for Christmas? So weird! Tom just blew the money on nothing.

6.     +8   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Andrea could give some odd Christmas gifts too, but at least she put some thought into to the gifts and was was not trying to cleaver. The last Christmas she was alive and fairly well there were a few children (Eden and at least one of the boys) who could barely hid their disappointment.

7.     +4   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Gussie the nazi/hitler interest Asher's got going on is pretty scary! Its going on for a long time with Asher too. I remember Tommo showing an old picture of Asher at a birthday party before Andrea passed away and he was wearing "his Hitler moustache"....the kids wore play/pretend moustaches but Asher wore the same moustache as Hitler and Tommo said it was his "Hitler moustache". Then there was the snowman that Asher made last year that Tommo said was doing "a Nazi salute". I guess Tommo got some heat about that one but what did he do? He made the snowman doing the nazi salute and wearing an armband on his stick arm the thumbnail picture for the next live video he did. That's how Tommo reacted to the situation. He put the nazi snowman on display for everybody to see. I guess he thought that was hysterical and slick! Its SICK! Christmas 2021 Tommo got a german war replica gun and ammo for 18 years old asher. This year Tommo talked about how much Asher loves to burn things and bought 19 years old Asher a FOURTH lighter and lighter fluid.

I wonder if Asher understands what Hitler did? Hitlers goal to exterminate the Jews and his dream of white supremacy? I wonder if its all fun and games with Asher because he doesn't really understand the reality of what Hitler did and wanted to do? The kids have very limited access to news and their online activities are also very controlled by Tommo so I wonder if Asher understands the facts or if he is so lacking in FACTUAL information he thinks its all fun and games? I guess nobody knows for sure but it is a VERY scary situation and it looks like its getting worse! And Tommo is putting all that content about Asher out there on his you tube channel for everybody to see and hear.

Another thing I do not understand is that Tommo owns his own computer repair business .... and its a home business. So customers drop off computers to his "shop" in the house and pick up parts and computers there. Tommo is training Asher how to do computer repairs and he said he hopes Asher may take over the business one day. WHO would want anything to do with that business when they know the weird and concerning behaviors and interests Asher has? And how Tommo is ok with all that stuff and buys Asher stuff to support his scary interests? Does Tommo even think about those things? If I lived there I would WALK to Gillette if I needed computer repairs done before I would call Tommo or have anything to do with his "business". I don't understand how/why Tommo shares all that on his videos and figures its all ok? Its NOT OK!

Tommo shared once how he is contracted to work for some of the big businesses to fix their computers and printers. We have a small family business so I dont understand how Tommo doesn't care about showing everything he shows about Asher. That could really hurt his business. We 100% would NOT allow a man who his own father described as "a pyro" and who had a pretty strong interest in Hitler inside my home or our business. We would not allow his father inside either as he encourages those things. I don't know anybody who would allow Tommo and Asher inside their homes or business knowing what Tommo shared on the channel. Maybe Tommo and Asher think its all hysterical, it absolutely is NOT. Its vile!

Tommo once said after Andrea passed away that when he was a kid growing up he loved "to shock" folks. Does he think that's funny or cute? It isn't. Maybe that's why he gets weird stuff for the boys. Like the whistle that sounds like a woman screaming, for Justus. WHO does that? Its not funny. Its not cute. Its too weird and its VERY scary!

8.     +5   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    The Christmas present opening at 1:39:42 Thomas’ gift to Asher is a vintage Life magazine cover from when Hitler fell.
    (I watched on invidious )

https://invidious.fdn.fr/watch?v=N9ZTFPlvaj0

9.     +5   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Twirly Squirrely @ 1/11/2023, 05:43 PM) 
    Andrea could give some odd Christmas gifts too, but at least she put some thought into to the gifts and was was not trying to cleaver. The last Christmas she was alive and fairly well there were a few children (Eden and at least one of the boys) who could barely hid their disappointment.

Twirly Squirrely was that when she gave the herbal medicines kit to Eden? I remember that. But I think Eden was interested in watching Andrea make tinctures and ointments from the herbs she grew so maybe Andrea was just getting her some things so she could make some too. I remember the kit had a wax warmer to melt bees wax for ointments. I think she wanted Eden to have her own things so she could practice making things with Andrea. I remember Andrea got a business organizer for Asher to keep all his landscape contacts in. She was helping him to organize his landscape business so he could have an income and maybe one day set up a bigger landscaping business. She also got a crock pot and recipe book for Thomas for when he moved out of home eventually. She wanted him to be independent and able to cook his own meals.

Maybe the kids felt at that time that they were not very exciting gifts but they sure were good gifts and practical gifts. I guess if Eden preferred toys maybe she was disappointed but Andrea put a lot of thought into the gifts and I bet the kids would've gotten a lot of use out of them. I bet Thomas's crockpot is "Lost" in the attic though. Probably right beside the knife set Rachel Day sent.

Tommo brags how the kids dont "ask for anything"....because they dont get to watch TV and they don't know what's out there. But its Tommos 4th Christmas buying ridiculous dumb gifts for the kids that they probably will never use. He should ask the little ones what they would like for Christmas. He doesn't have to tell them what he buys...just ask what they would like first. Sophia asked for the snorkel he got for her. The other kids should get to ask also. How many Barbies and baby dolls and doggies that walk and bark do the kids need? Its crazy. There is a pile of toys there they will probably never even look at again. The poor kids don't get to have their say about anything.....the clothes they wear, christmas gifts....nothing.

I also think the little girls showed a lot of interest in Santa. That would be fun if they got to have Santa next year. Tommo said Andrea and him didn't want the kids having Santa because it would confuse them too much when they were older and realized he did not exist. Then they would question if God existed etc. That's just dumb! They have the tooth fairy. And thats ok. The kids know there is not tooth fairy but its fun for them. They also know already Santa is not real, so let them have Santa gifts next year....just for fun. But hey, that means Tommo would have to buy two sets of gifts for the little ones....one from Santa and one from him. And he wont want to do that.

He should just ask the kids what they want and have them write a few things on a list and then have him pick couple gifts for Christmas. The boys could use some nice clothes. Nice button down shirts. Jeans that fit......all the boys jeans look like they are 3 sizes too big.....Nice shoes. Nice jackets. Gift cards for haircuts at the salon. Tommo doesnt think like an adult. He thinks like an immature teen and that is reflected in the gifts he buys.

I wonder what he got for Cinderella/Kelsea/B Fontana? A cop uniform? New handcuffs? Oh my gosh.....probably!

10.     +7   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Dream Big

Eden had her own YouTube channel and made a video of herself using the herb kit Andrea made her. I think if I remember correctly she demonstrated making a tincture. I believe she truly liked the kit. I hope she kept it for the memories of her mother.

Sadly her you tube channel is now gone.

11.     +4   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (DisneyFan @ 1/12/2023, 12:45 AM) 
    Dream Big

Eden had her own YouTube channel and made a video of herself using the herb kit Andrea made her. I think if I remember correctly she demonstrated making a tincture. I believe she truly liked the kit. I hope she kept it for the memories of her mother.

Sadly her you tube channel is now gone.

I hope she kept it too. I think she liked to watch Andrea making ointments and tinctures and she probably said she would like to do that too. I totally get it though when a kid looks disappointed when they get a very practical gift for Christmas LOL. If they were hoping for toys. But, I bet she liked it and used it. Thomas probably was not wild about his new crock pot but....Andrea was thinking ahead for him and picking up some pieces he would need when he moved out. They were not gifts that were gonna cause pretty major embarrassment to the kids and make them be ridiculed in the local community. Oh my gosh......Asher and the potato shooter is the most embarrassing awful gift ever! And the crossbow Tommo got for Judah is a VERY dangerous weapon.

I think its a good think Edens channel is gone now. She was too young to ever have her own you tube channel. And, when folks were going in chat being so cruel and nasty to her with comments when she was holding the phone and reading chat.....that is unforgivable. It was a good thing to shut down all ways those evil folks could contact her or comment to her on videos. Comments like that could do so much harm to her confidence and self esteem. She was too young and innocent to deal with evil trolls.

12.     +6   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    I have an interest in Hitler and his Nazi ideology but not because I admire him but more of how and why people fell under his spell and seemingly blindly followed him. I am appalled at the atrocities committed by his regime and that there are still those who admire him. I have been reading books and watching documentaries for years and have never developed an admiration for him. I read Mein Kampf when I was a teenager and was not impressed with his philosophy then. I don’t see anything wrong in having an historical interest but Asher’s interest is not a healthy interest . Kind of creepy if you ask me.

By the way not too many people are aware of my interest. I have a friend who does and we often discuss books we have read or documentaries we have watched. Neither of us are fans just historically curious.

13.     +8   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    World War 2 and understanding the compelling nature of Hitler to his people is important historically. I can support an interest in WW2 but it's odd to pretend to dress as a horrible fascist leader of modern times and then make a snowman of him in front of your family home and business. I can't fathom why Tom encourages and supports this idiocy.

Adding: Although no one would ever be able to tell that lump of snow with a piece of fabric stuck on it was actually Hitler. It is TOM who wanted it known to the world.

14.     +7   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Twirly Squirrely curiosity about history is good! We also watched documentaries about the concentration camps when were were growing up and about the man who wanted to exterminate Jews. In college, in European History, We read about how innocent folks were experimented on and tortured in the concentration camps before they were gassed to death. How kids were separated from their parents and watched their parents being taken to be gassed to death......but we ALL detested and hated what we learned and we hated Hitler, the man who did all that. I don't remember one single student in our group who admired him or had any positive feelings about him.......and NOBODY would've EVER worn a Hitler moustache or made a snowman making a Nazi salute with an armband on his arm. Oh my gosh, we have two nephews who are teenagers and if they made a snowman doing a nazi salute and wearing an armband, my sister and brother in law would destroy that thing in seconds and it would NEVER happen again. They would be educated about the realities of nazi Germany and Hitler and they would realize it is not something to kid around about.

The scary part is Asher is an adult. Tommo is an adult. Tommo claims to be a smart guy. He said Asher is a super smart young man.......so how and why is what they do happening?? To shock folks? Because they figure shocking folks is so funny? And even if they wanted to carry on like that in private at home......WHY talk about that on a you tube channel where anybody can listen and watch? Asher's future employment prospects could be deeply affected by that content. Also his chances of meeting a nice girl and maybe getting married one day. Who wants to employ or marry somebody who has those kinda interests? And don't get me started again about his love of burning things. Oh my gosh!!!

All this could have a bad effect on Tommos business too. I don't think many decent folks out there want a guy in their homes or businesses who thinks such things are funny and encourages his son to carry right on with it all.

Cannoli I can't fathom it either. Its the second year during Christmas gift opening videos where Asher's "Interest" in such things was mentioned. And this year Tommo also shared with everybody how much Asher loves to burn things. Its just weird and its also warped.

You are 100% right....there was no need to even bring the snowman doing a nazi salute into any conversation. Nobody would've known about if if Tommo hadn't brought it into a live dinner conversation. And like I said before, I guess he got a lot of heat about it because then he took a picture of the snowman doing a nazi salute, and wearing an armband, and used that as the thumbnail picture on a family shopping trip.

Like I always say, I don't blame the kids. Asher spend his entire life being homeschooled, not having any friends outside the family that were ever mentioned on any videos, having issues that both Andrea and Tommo filmed and shared on the channel which I also think was very wrong. Asher probably doesn't know that in the real works stuff like he is doing is NOT acceptable. Not among decent folks anyway. The blame lies 100% with Tommo. He could've educated Asher and helped him find better interests. There must be something more interesting for Asher to do than burn stuff.

Think about it.......pretty much everything they talk about is connected to video games and anime in one way or another....or Magic or D&D. How much time do the kids spend in actual reality? Judah builds armor and "weapons" with metal. WHY? Its probably a better hobby than playing video games all the time but the "weapons" theme is right there again. WHY? Is that something Tommo figures is "manly"?

Its time for Asher to grow up now and develop more normal healthier interests and hobbies. He needs to make friends and develop normal social skills.

It actually makes me laugh out loud when Tommo said none of his kids are having babies yet and he doesn't think they're gonna have babies.....at least not soon. Ya think Tommo? Oh my gosh, I wonder why that is? Maybe because the girls in Moorcroft don't wanna have their babies with a pyro potato shooter who has a weird interest in Nazis and Hitler!

15.     +4   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I think Asher is extremely Intovered and coupled with his Extreme Anxiety, it's hard for him. He's intelligent, he used to wake up before anyone else and do his chores and homework. After Andrea died he would lie on the couch while Tom would do lives, and Tom would make food and whine. Tom said Asher couldn't go to bed till kitchen was clean. A normal dad would do his own damn dishes and let his early rising teen go to bed.

Thomas has Caden and his work colleagues to watch and learn and motivate. Asher has no one to show him how a young man should behave.

1530 replies since 9/1/2023, 19:30   152485 views