Simply Living Alaska

« Older   Newer »

1.     +5   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Sunny! Same here. I get all excited and my hubby or kids just shrug thier shoulders. HaHa But it almost resembles a documentary of sorts and I love those. Or they chronicle their journeys. It just amazes me they don't curse on camera, or argue and a whole host of other bad habits I see on youtube. It's like the 1960's clean shows we had. Sure they have real life but they have enough integrity to not show that. Great on them!

2.     +8   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    One of my favorite things that they do is when you can hear them talking to each other but can't quite tell what they're saying, it's kind of like soothing background noise LOL. They communicate really with each other and I love to see that.

3.     +3   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I love watching this channel! I think Eric is so cool and he can figure out practically anything. I love to see people solve problems!

I like to watch them smoking & canning though I would never do those things myself. Their recipes make me curious!

4.     Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Acai @ 7/4/2023, 00:23) 
    QUOTE (EnjoyIt @ 4/6/2023, 09:42 PM) 
    I love them so much. My husband loves all the woodworking/building and we both drool over the food they make. I don't think Arielle is pregnant, I think her posture and body type just give her that little pooch, and she always puts on winter weight (most people in cold climates do). I'm still not fully clear about their big move to their new property? They're moving there full time but still keeping their current property? And their cabin upriver? I'm excited to see more of their plans as the spring and summer go on.

They mentioned for now they were keeping all three properties (current homestead, new homestead and upriver cabin) but would evaluate as time goes by, they mentioned several months ago they were selling the property that was just land that they had done some videos clearing a driveway, etc.

This is just me speculating - I wonder maybe they aren't sure how long it will take to renovate the new property up north to year round living and they are not completely sure if they will like living so isolated so they are keeping their current property for now as back-up (Maintenance costs in keeping it would be very low). I'm looking forward to seeing them set up the new property. They're unlike 99% of successful YTers who seem to create silly projects just to have something to film, their projects seem to be practical and useful and not click bait.

I agree with your thoughts on why they are keeping all three properties for now. I also have felt that the new place does seem so remote. Currently they seem to like their neighbors and help each other out and just seem to hang out with them. Being 3 hours away from any major stores seems like a real pain. They seem to have all the equipment for just about anything they want or need to do, especially now with a tractor. It is going to run to follow along as they transform this new property from the get go.

5.     Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I do think they are excessively cheap and driving to OR for that tractor was an example. Sleeping in the car and it seems that they didn't even visit family?? For an off-brand tractor? I don't get it & thought that their family must have had a deal for them, but it didn't seem so. They are making a lot of money from Youtube.

6.     +4   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    So excited to see a SLA thread here! I just adore their channel and devour every video they make. I love that they make interesting recipes and seem to truly live the lifestyle they present.

I've tried a few of their recipes, including their pickled eggs which are AMAZING. They also inspired me to start canning my own salmon (though I don't catch my own...I would love to but don't even know how to get started).

I think they're moving so far away because their current property is pretty tiny and right on a busy road. Some videos I think she looks pregnant, but the last one she doesn't so... I'm not sure. I have a perma-pooch so no judgment here of course. I do think they'd make wonderful parents.

Part of me wonders if they'll end the channel once they make this move. Especially if a little one is on the way.

7.     +6   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    A summer or two ago, people thought the same thing when she was wearing a snug dress. She normally has a bit of tummy. Totally normal for women. ❤️

8.     +3   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I do enjoy their channel and all the gardening and canning. The move to the new property got kind of sped up. At first, it didn't seem like they were rushing but now it is. Maybe they have an offer on the current place.

It will be interesting to see how they will make out without a garden unless they can source fresh stuff where they are going but I doubt it. Can't see they would enjoy buying all their veg from the store. I would think they'd throw things like greens and onions and do some container gardening, wouldn't be hard to do despite their projects they have lined up for the summer. Will be interesting to see how things transpire.

I don't think they will end their channel, that's likely their primary source of income.

9.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Blabbermouth @ 8/4/2023, 18:44) 
    I do enjoy their channel and all the gardening and canning. The move to the new property got kind of sped up. At first, it didn't seem like they were rushing but now it is. Maybe they have an offer on the current place.

It will be interesting to see how they will make out without a garden unless they can source fresh stuff where they are going but I doubt it. Can't see they would enjoy buying all their veg from the store. I would think they'd throw things like greens and onions and do some container gardening, wouldn't be hard to do despite their projects they have lined up for the summer. Will be interesting to see how things transpire.

I don't think they will end their channel, that's likely their primary source of income.

Are they planning to just do away with the garden entirely at the new place? I thought they were just going to miss one season of gardening but put one in next year.

10.     +1   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (CuriousJ @ 4/8/2023, 06:52 PM) 
    QUOTE (Blabbermouth @ 8/4/2023, 18:44) 

Are they planning to just do away with the garden entirely at the new place? I thought they were just going to miss one season of gardening but put one in next year.

No, they said they weren't planting this year.

11.     +5   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    I love this channel. The thing that intrigues me the most is that they are never sponsored. They don’t seem the type to follow the hype, although if they were interested in something that would be useful for their lifestyle I think they might try it. Also, there are no ads. It’s all quite refreshing!!

It’s fun watching them learn as they go! They’ve made mistakes that they’ve learned from and seem to really research the things they try. I only wish they would post more…I think I’ve seen all their videos by now 😁

12.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I just noticed this forum is misnamed. It should be Simple not Simply. Any idea how to get that changed?

13.     +3   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Good catch!!

Maybe Meow2 can change it to “Simple”? Please and thank you. 😁

14.     +2   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    dang, their move is such a HUGE project with all the tools and stuff they have. I would be miserable hauling all that around.

What is the round thing? Is that a kiln?

7HTe0Ks

15.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (ColdOne @ 9/4/2023, 05:38) 
    dang, their move is such a HUGE project with all the tools and stuff they have. I would be miserable hauling all that around.

What is the round thing? Is that a kiln?

7HTe0Ks

It sure looks like one!

164 replies since 26/3/2023, 19:28   15139 views