Simply Living Alaska

« Older   Newer »

1.     +4   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    thank you!! i absolutely love their channel. they're so wholesome and it's always a joy to watch them. they've taught me so much, i got my husband to build me a smoker after watching them and i love it! Ariel taught me how to make mustard lo . they talk so nicely to each other

2.     +6   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    QUOTE (ColdOne @ 9/4/2023, 05:38) 
    dang, their move is such a HUGE project with all the tools and stuff they have. I would be miserable hauling all that around.

What is the round thing? Is that a kiln?

7HTe0Ks

I'm old enough to know that round thing is a wringer washing machine.

3.     +3   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    ah, thanks! :D I guess they're holding onto it in case the modern one breaks

4.     +4   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (JammyPants @ 4/9/2023, 02:38 AM) 
    thank you!! i absolutely love their channel. they're so wholesome and it's always a joy to watch them. they've taught me so much, i got my husband to build me a smoker after watching them and i love it! Ariel taught me how to make mustard lo . they talk so nicely to each other

Their smoker looks so easy, that's awesome that you built one! I am tempted but I really don't have 200lbs of fresh salmon to smoke in suburban Chicago X) I really like how sweet Eric & Ariel are to each other, too.

5.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Idontgetit @ 9/4/2023, 09:43) 
    QUOTE (ColdOne @ 9/4/2023, 05:38) 
    dang, their move is such a HUGE project with all the tools and stuff they have. I would be miserable hauling all that around.

What is the round thing? Is that a kiln?

7HTe0Ks

I'm old enough to know that round thing is a wringer washing machine.

Oh that's too funny!!!

6.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (ColdOne @ 9/4/2023, 16:09) 
    QUOTE (JammyPants @ 4/9/2023, 02:38 AM) 

Their smoker looks so easy, that's awesome that you built one! I am tempted but I really don't have 200lbs of fresh salmon to smoke in suburban Chicago X) I really like how sweet Eric & Ariel are to each other, too.

Right! Hey neighbor!! I'm a fellow suburban chicagoer too! Cubs fan here 😂

7.     +6   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Just watched the video of them driving to Oregon to pick up the new tractor. They drove right through my city (Vancouver, WA) and I keep imagining the look on my face if I'd run into them at Fred Meyer or something! 😆

That was quite the journey. From the comments on the video, though, it looks like they may have saved around $10k buying it this way.

8.     +7   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Latest video: their new place is looking so cute! I can't believe they have a real toilet now (and a shower too). It's like the Ritz Carlton compared to the last place.

Also is there no task Eric can't do? I mean, my hubby is pretty handy but Eric takes it next level. Plumbing, electric, vehicle repair, carpentry, cooking, driving a snowmobile while holding a chicken... and let's not forget the wood chopping. 🤩

Screenshot_20230416_113357_YouTube

9.     +6   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Loved their latest video. To me they are the movie stars of Alaska, in a good way. I am in awe how much they accomplish and learn and do. What a pleasure they are. Stay simple and pure Ariell and Eric.

10.     +6   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    I’ve loved their videos ever since I first found them! To me they are what a real life “off grid homesteader “ should aspire to.
    I’m really anxious to watch Ariel get her garden started at the new property.

11.     +5   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (SnarkBite @ 17/4/2023, 10:21) 
    I’ve loved their videos ever since I first found them! To me they are what a real life “off grid homesteader “ should aspire to.

I agree I can watch most of their videos over and over again. I can't wait for their new garden!

12.     +6   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (SnarkBite @ 17/4/2023, 10:21) 

I'm excited for the garden too! I must admit, worrying about an angry moose (or worse) in the yard is not something I can relate to, but I'm here to watch E&A get adjusted to life in this very remote new spot.

I do predict they'll relocate the canning eventually. It can't be convenient to store it in that cramped crawl space.

Does anyone else think their kitty deserves a lifetime achievement award for surviving being an outdoor cat in Alaska?!

13.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    New video up tonight!

Love seeing the new property

This video she again looks pregnant. Even my husband was like wow she's pregnant?

14.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Sunny! @ 21/4/2023, 04:01) 
    New video up tonight!

This video she again looks pregnant. Even my husband was like wow she's pregnant?

Just got off work... I can't wait to watch this one because in the last one she was wearing tight clothes and did NOT look pregnant. 🤪

15.     Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (CuriousJ @ 21/4/2023, 04:26) 
    QUOTE (Sunny! @ 21/4/2023, 04:01) 
    New video up tonight!

Just got off work... I can't wait to watch this one because in the last one she was wearing tight clothes and did NOT look pregnant. 🤪

I love seeing the new property! And their plans!

164 replies since 26/3/2023, 19:28   15132 views