The Mills Family: Sad school, sad house, sad life, and all Tom wants is a wife Pt. 27

« Older   Newer »

1.     +8   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Don't worry, Tom probably figures Spring will be over soon and he can buy them summer clothes. Then he'll forget until September when he'll buy a few matching, inappropriate dresses for the girls. Solly will still have long hair and holes in his clothes and shoes bc Tom will forget about him while at Walmart, bc of course he does!

How about instead of a repeat of the past 3 years, he celebrates Andrea and honors her death this fall by getting every single child a full wardrobe of non matching clothes and shoes. A minimum of 5 outfits. Get the kids, every single one, enrolled in school!!! He has caused conflict with Thomas and he has further crushed Asher and Judah down to uneducated and uncouth young men. Justus is acting like an adult, working his butt off to try and ESCAPE from Tommo. Give those other kids a chance Tom. Or I promise you they will not be "loving" their neglectful Daddy much longer.

2.     +5   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    I really get upset when Tom tries to gain sympathy by calling himself a single parent.
    He really isn’t overwhelmed by the responsibilities of juggling caring for the children, maintaining a job, and keeping up with the bills and household chores because he has either his children or extended family (Kitty, Andrea’s sisters)that take on those responsibilities.
    Come May, when Judah turns 18 there will be 3 legal adults living in that house not to mention 4 of Tom’ children will be teenagers & once Hannah turns 5 in less than a month, all of his kids are school age.
    Tom has it way more easier than most single parents but can out moan and out whine everyone.

3.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Marking my spot

4.     +6   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Retired Observer

He is NOT a single father, he is a widower

Definition: a widower is a man whose wife has died.

5.     +7   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Tom should hire someone to come mow the lawn and another person to fix the fence. Or just take it down.

Then he shouldn't go to Magic Friday unless his responsibilities at home are taken care of, which includes getting the bills paid and clothes bought for the kids. If he has time for Magic, he has time to shop for his kids' clothes. I agree that he makes his life more complicated trying to buy .. what is it... NINE? different colors in every size? No way. Just buy five outfits, any color. Life would be liberating for him. The idea of matching clothing was cute when the kids were little and when Andrea was there to manage it. But it's become a noose around Tom's neck. It's too much for him to keep up with and it's another way he's unable to bend and move on from the past. He's imprisoned by the color chart! If you think of how much time he spends whining about not having the color of the day clean for everyone to wear, or not being able to find certain colors, etc... you can see it's a cause of stress in his life. It's not useful and it's not enjoyable. To anyone. If they go on a field trip, have them wear matching t shirts. Or at least the little kids because it makes it easier to spot them. They certainly don't need to match in horrible clothing (like Claudia's lime green crop top in winter) while sitting in their living room day after day after day.

When I grew up I had "play clothes" and school clothes. You might have one nicer outfit for Sunday.
    It's pretty urgent for Tom to rethink his home management. He can't keep up with what he's doing so what he IS doing is purely neglecting the needs of the kids. Not having appropriate clothing for the weather is neglect. Just do it, Tom. Have your little Fontana put some clothes in the online shopping cart for you for the little girls and Solly. Eden and up can buy their own! How hard is this?

I also thought it was sad when he said it was about chore time and he was going to lay down. Then he commented how nice it was to have things done. He literally does nothing but "work". He comes home and throws together a dinner a few times a week and that's all he contributes. It's pathetic. I don't know why he thinks he's so busy as most families have adults that do the majority of cleaning and organizing and home projects. Most families have kids in activities too and are involved with their school work, even if they're public schooled. Public schooled parents know more about what their kids learn than he does and he's a homeschool parent. It's sad.

6.     +9   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    You are both right.Tom is a widower (his spouse died), therefore by default he is now a single parent too. He is in both categories. I use the term parent loosely😉

7.     +1   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    QUOTE (MountainHiker11 @ 17/4/2023, 03:12) 
    Dream Big

I can remember Andrea mentioning the fence needed painting. It wasn't falling down back then. It's past just needing paint now.

These are the things he should have been spending the money that he got on instead of buying himself everything he wanted. A nice chain link fence would be good. Wood in that kind of climate, with all the snow up against it, doesn't hold up well especially if it isn't being taken care of.

When he does do something he does it half assed. When he put in the bathroom he didn't even have an inspector come in and inspect it, which means he never got a permit to do the work. He only did it because he thought April would be moving in with two of her kids. He's so pathetic and lazy, and selfish

With the pond in the yard being a drowning hazard I’m really surprised the city or the homeowners insurance hasn’t yet required the breaches in the fence be fixed. However, if fathead actually paid off the mortgage on the house then he would have no bank requiring that he pay for pesky insurance. Even so, with negligence at that level insurance probably would deny any claim made for drowning related injury or death. And considering how it’s a foreseeable risk fatty could actually be on the hook for punitive damages.

Does Kitty realize her narcissist of a son is so fkd up he’s never going to be a responsible adult?

8.     +2   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Cannoli @ 17/4/2023, 13:34) 
    Tom should hire someone to come mow the lawn and another person to fix the fence. Or just take it down.

Then he shouldn't go to Magic Friday unless his responsibilities at home are taken care of, which includes getting the bills paid and clothes bought for the kids. If he has time for Magic, he has time to shop for his kids' clothes. I agree that he makes his life more complicated trying to buy .. what is it... NINE? different colors in every size? No way. Just buy five outfits, any color. Life would be liberating for him. The idea of matching clothing was cute when the kids were little and when Andrea was there to manage it. But it's become a noose around Tom's neck. It's too much for him to keep up with and it's another way he's unable to bend and move on from the past. He's imprisoned by the color chart! If you think of how much time he spends whining about not having the color of the day clean for everyone to wear, or not being able to find certain colors, etc... you can see it's a cause of stress in his life.

Notice how no one was wearing the color of the day on the live dinner except for Tom? And Claudia. She’s so smart and fantastic she prolly makes sure all her clothes are clean every day.

As far as the fence goes, I don’t think that it can just be taken down because of the pond in the yard. Even with the portions that appear to have fallen down at present there’s plenty of ability for a little kid who doesn’t know any better to wonder into the Mills yard and end up injured or dead because of that pond. Pretty sure the fence must be in place.

9.     +3   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Toomuchlaugh @ 17/4/2023, 05:23) 
    Don't worry, Tom probably figures Spring will be over soon and he can buy them summer clothes. Then he'll forget until September when he'll buy a few matching, inappropriate dresses for the girls. Solly will still have long hair and holes in his clothes and shoes bc Tom will forget about him while at Walmart, bc of course he does!

How about instead of a repeat of the past 3 years, he celebrates Andrea and honors her death this fall by getting every single child a full wardrobe of non matching clothes and shoes. A minimum of 5 outfits. Get the kids, every single one, enrolled in school!!! He has caused conflict with Thomas and he has further crushed Asher and Judah down to uneducated and uncouth young men. Justus is acting like an adult, working his butt off to try and ESCAPE from Tommo. Give those other kids a chance Tom. Or I promise you they will not be "loving" their neglectful Daddy much longer.

It would be cool to see Judah and Claudia going to public school and thriving. Judah would benefit from having an actual instructor who has the pedagogical-skill to help him excel. With ACE the packets only explain a skill one way and only assess the knowledge attained by rote recall. Andrea understood that doesn’t work for all kids and helped Judah. Who’s helping him now?

Claudia is absolutely brilliant. She almost certainly needs more of a challenge than ACE can offer her. If Tom insisted on keeping them home he could supplement or substitute ACE for a similar curriculum that’s a bit more in-depth, content-wise. We use several different curricula but the one that’s modeled very similar to ACE that I really like is Christian Light Education. Their phonetic approach to reading is top-tier and considerably less expensive than Abeka. It still incorporates plenty of Christian Character education. Our church will be using CLE Vacation Bible School materials this summer. We already have almost 200 kids registered to attend. Super exciting.

The things that keep me from sending my kids to public school would hopefully be less of a risk in Moorcroft.

10.     +9   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    For me calling himself a SINGLE father implies he is available. It's quite disrespectful to Andrea and his children.

He was married and lost his wife. She did not abandon them. They were not divorced. He wasn't left single he was left a WIDOW.

I can say I have NEVER, ever heard anyone widowed saying they were single. By saying that he is denying he ever had a wife.

When my mother was asked if she was married she would tell people she was widowed. She never denied my fathers existence by saying she was single. She wanted people to know she had a husband but he DIED. He didn't leave her. It's the polite way of saying you had a spouse but they passed on.

Everything Tom does is for his benefit. How do those kids feel hearing him say he is single? Widowed also says you are available but Tom figures single sounds younger and more open to younger women. You can bet that is his objective.

11.     +5   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    MountainHiker11

I believe he identifies as “single Dad” to garner sympathy & attract women

12.     +13   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    idiotbabybottle

Tom's faces may be stupid and immature, but at least we can have fun with it. I present to you... Baby Tommy!!!!! He's such a man child and I couldn't resist. Fitting, no?

13.     +5   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Don't forget to put ice cubes in the bottle for fat baby lol!

14.     +3   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Toomuchlaugh @ 4/17/2023, 06:51 PM) 
    Don't forget to put ice cubes in the bottle for fat baby lol!

Nahhh, he's not 13 yet, so no ice cubes for the baby!

15.     +5   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Omg!!! So funny! It’s a perfect picture of whiny baby Tommo!! :7043:

947 replies since 15/4/2023, 18:02   113189 views