Crystal Tara Pt. 2

« Older   Newer »

1.     +5   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Crazyauntdonna @ 26/3/2024, 06:11) 
    Has anyone bought any of the stuff she has gone on about in her sponsored videos? I will never buy Brooklinen, I’m so over hearing about it. The ads turn me off of the product and her channel.

I won’t ever buy Brooklinen for the reason you mentioned.
    I just roll my eyes when the YouTuber has received all their bedding for free and us peons can get a whopping 15% off using their code. Ugh.
    I actually ff through sponsored content and deliberately won’t buy.
    I’m only influenced to buy if someone I do like recommends something they use and like and purchased with their own money.
    All the YouTubers were getting those overpriced pots and pans a couple of years ago.
    One person who I watch, Charlotte grove farm house, got a set. At first she loved them. I do give her credit, she fessed up later that she actually came to hate them, they didn’t hold up to daily cooking and she got rid of them. She replaced them with actual quality pots and pans that weren’t sponsored.
    She said the same about a freebie sponsored robot vacuum that made the rounds. She said it never worked properly and was more trouble than it’s worth.

2.     +4   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Crazyauntdonna @ 3/26/2024, 06:11 AM) 
    Has anyone bought any of the stuff she has gone on about in her sponsored videos? I will never buy Brooklinen, I’m so over hearing about it. The ads turn me off of the product and her channel.

I understand that paid sponsorships are yet another way for content creators / social media influencers to earn money. And I respect their right to do so. But having said that, seeing these paid sponsorships (whether they be for Brooklinen, Grove Collaborative, Scent Bird, Hoover, etc) doesn't make me click on a link and go to purchase any of the products. And when they get a small kickback from Amazon when people buy products linked in their Amazon storefronts, it doesn't make me go buy any of those products either. And I most definitely don't run out to buy all of the furniture or decor items that she is linking in her description box ~~ not because I absolutely hate everything that she has in her home (although there are certainly items that are not my own personal decor preference, but to each his own), but much of what she has purchased (again, there are exceptions to this) is far more expensive than what I would personally choose to spend.

I have long since learned from years of watching various YT channels and seeing posts on Instagram accounts ~~ just because I see something in a video or in a posted picture in someone else's home doesn't necessarily mean that I want those same specific items in mine. And this holds true for me even when I see things that I actually like. I can appreciate it from afar.

3.     +3   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Imagine having a family of 6 and only buying a 5lb bag of flour. Their meals are so weird!

4.     +9   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (ColdOne @ 29/3/2024, 03:57) 
    Imagine having a family of 6 and only buying a 5lb bag of flour. Their meals are so weird!

Or the little bowls of rice for a dinner of 6 ?

She irks me to no end but by far the worst yet she sat on that couch and said she likes what she likes and doesn’t follow trends

THE LIE DETECTOR DETERMINED....
    THAT WAS A LIE

She’s so superficial . She needs to take her bags of money and retire YouTube

5.     +5   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    I would have to say that my least favorite part of Crystal Tara's YouTube channel (and most YouTubers | content creators | social media influencers) is their overall lack of engagement with comments left on their videos or on their IG posts, etc. People took the time to leave a comment or to ask a question and you get nothing but the sound of crickets in response. There is one YouTube creator (Amy Darley) that specifically comes to mind, where the only time she has actively offered any sort of engagement whatsoever to me personally is when I have called her out on her lack of engagement with her viewers despite her claims of caring so much about all of us. And Crystal truly seems to follow directly in her footsteps.

In the video where she was boo hooing and have a meltdown over the hurtful comments that were leading her to make the decision to not share any type of decorating content for a while, she received to date (3/29/24) 1348 comments. Quickly scrolling through some of them, I did not see so much as even 1 like from Crystal to any of them. Maybe she was too busy shopping for even more ugly AF decor and expensive furniture to be bothered. So ridiculous and her boo hooing meltdown was so completely unprofessional. She needs to seek out professional therapy if she gets so upset over a few random comments that she deems to be cruel or hurtful. Or better yet, maybe she needs to stop sharing her life in videos and find far more productive ways to earn money or as an attempt of a creative outlet ~~ get a hobby, volunteer at her kids' schools, etc.

6.     +5   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    the dramaaaaaa with the damn mirror. Then she switches scenes to another room and the exact same one is on the wall in the mudroom lol

7.     +3   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    QUOTE (ColdOne @ 3/30/2024, 01:19 AM) 
    the dramaaaaaa with the damn mirror. Then she switches scenes to another room and the exact same one is on the wall in the mudroom lol

I think it is funny how this mirror sat leaning up against the wall next to their fireplace for dang near a year and then when she had her boo hoo meltdown, it immediately became some stupid priority to figure out where to hang it. She is seriously the pickiest person about some things and has to over think every ridiculous decor decision ("these are the things that keep me awake at night" ~~ followed by the annoying giggling that she does because she thinks she is so freaking hilarious). I mean honestly, if you hang something on your wall and later decide you don't like it there or you want to move it, this is not some third world problem. Repair the damn holes with some drywall spackling and touch up the paint. Easy peasy, problem solved!! I will say however, that while the mirror in her mudroom is definitely a similar black metal style, it is a much smaller mirror than the one she hung in their entryway. But certainly very matchy matchy.

Personally I think the woman needs to get some sort of professional counseling. If a few harsh comments left by random strangers is enough to send her into a mental meltdown. she has serious issues. These comments are just one of the cons that come with sharing every little aspect of your life on social media (whether that be YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, etc.). Why get so bent out of shape because someone has a different opinion about your decor, your design style, the color of your hair, how much money you spend, how much you weigh (or don't weigh)? She doesn't personally know any of these people. They are strangers on the internet and not her personal friends or family members for crying out loud!! And she said she was going to take a break from sharing decorating videos yet here she was today showing this stupid ass mirror and the video posted yesterday showed how she hung up the watercolor print in the black frame outside of their master bedroom and how she moved the entryway bench. So that break lasted only until the very next video. And guaranteed there will be more decorating to come.

8.     +6   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    She’s got thousands of minions that praise every little thing she does yet melts down and pouts about a few apparently critical comments?
    I’ve never seen any negative comments on her channel. I believe she reads here.
    I mentioned here on the stupid mirror leaning on the living room wall and how it looked like she set it there temporarily. Now almost a year later it’s bothering her and she has to explain why it’s there?
    Honestly, I think this huge white box of a house has been a letdown for her. She can’t decorate it and it’s bland, boring and cold.
    I don’t feel sorry for her one bit.

9.     +2   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    I think her saying she wasn’t going to share decor was just a knee jerk reaction to some nasty comments that she deleted. I knew she’d come back around.

10.     +4   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    She said she was still going to share decor in the vlogs
    just not in dedicated videos

I have second hand embarrassment for her that she documented in a video she’s butt hurt that people don’t think she or her decor is perfect

She likes the praise and money dedicated decor videos provide
    She’ll be back to producing dedicated Fall decor videos on 4th of July just like the rest of the thirsty YouTubers and instagramers

11.     +3   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Isecretlycopyher @ 30/3/2024, 18:02) 
    I have second hand embarrassment for her that she documented in a video she’s butt hurt that people don’t think she or her decor is perfect

Yes!!! That was beyond cringe worthy to me too!! She's right up there with her separated at birth YouTube whiny twin, Mandy in the Making, only she whines about how HARD her "job" is 🤦🙄

12.     +5   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I would not be surprised if she's scared of what Stewart will say if she messes up a wall in the new house and has to patch and paint.

13.     +7   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    She just can’t get that entryway right. Why does she have a stupid poof stuffed into the corner? I think a large piece of wall art would look better than that mirror.
    She says the past year moving into her farmhouse McMansion has been so stressful and people have been so mean. Once again all the praise from her followers and she doesn’t even have the courtesy to heart comments.

14.     +3   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Miss Pie @ 3/31/2024, 09:13 PM) 
    She just can’t get that entryway right. Why does she have a stupid poof stuffed into the corner? I think a large piece of wall art would look better than that mirror.
    She says the past year moving into her farmhouse McMansion has been so stressful and people have been so mean. Once again all the praise from her followers and she doesn’t even have the courtesy to heart comments.

Personally, I think she goes into her boo hoo, oh poor me pity party tantrums so that all of her followers will leave her all of the rainbows, glittery stars, and sparkly unicorns comments praising her and telling her how great she is and how wonderful they think her home and decorating is. I don't know why it is so important to receive all of these positive affirmations from complete strangers!! Honestly, who cares about what people on the internet think about you or your stupid decor? And all of the comments that were left are just a way of feeding the YouTube algorithm and putting more money into her pocket. She obviously doesn't really care about any of the positive comments either because, as you pointed out in your post, she couldn't be bothered to "like" any of the comments or engage with them in any way whatsoever.

And when so many people are struggling to keep a roof over their head, food on their table, clothes on their backs, and the worry | concern surrounding all of the recent threats of nuclear war ~~ the only thing she worries about is some random rude or critical comments and how moving into their McMansion has been so stressful. Gosh, I wish that was the only thing in life that I had to worry about. Are we supposed to all feel bad because she doesn't know where she wants to hang some stupid ass mirror or which expensive piece of decor or furniture she is going to buy next? She is seriously so out of touch with reality and she is completely unrelatable!!! And no amount of crocodile tears is going to make me suddenly feel sorry for her. It just makes her come across as pathetic and needy which I refuse to cater to.

15.     +2   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    These influencers strive on their followers building them up. Any negativity hurts their little egos. Bet she was a real piece of work in the business world when she worked. Also she doesn’t seem to have friends unless they aren’t mentioned.

486 replies since 23/4/2023, 01:44   107770 views