Group

Status
    Thank you!

3.     +1   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    🎉🎉🎉🎉 Marking my spot with 😮 faced thumbnails and absolute disregard for other customers!

4.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    As a part time reseller, I usually watch channels mostly to learn.
    I watched the Auction Professor for a while, Nurse Flipper for a while, Gemini Flips for a while
    and loved Blue Bus Dave, but he disappeared. Dr, Lori once in a while, but she really got on my nerves.
    Cauldwell was OK, but I'm not into mcm. I don't care for those Vegas channels and tired of Antique Nomad.
    I watch a lot of jewelry, but I get tired of many of them. It gets redundant. Stopped watching LC after true colors.

I do enjoy Amanda's Mercantile. She works very hard and has her own style and zero drama.

5.     +1   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    What happened with LC? I have only watched her sporadically for about 6 months. I’ve only noticed that she seriously downplays how much help she gets from her daughters.

6.     +1   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    I like Amanda's Mercantile too, but she rarely has new content.
    Does anyone watch Yvonne from Thrifty Rich? She has some knowledge but she has a real "you can't sit with us" vibe about her.

7.     +1   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    I adore Lady Mary Beth but grit my teeth through her tryhard Martha Stewart accent - she grew up in Houston!

8.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Monday‚ Monday @ 5/26/2023, 01:42 AM) 
    What happened with LC? I have only watched her sporadically for about 6 months. I’ve only noticed that she seriously downplays how much help she gets from her daughters.

I watched her pre-pandemic. I respected her work ethic, consistency and planning. She bought that house in PA (from Long Island) to be close to her daughter knowing that she would use it for thrifting. She used to include her daughter sometimes. The other daughter is in FL.

She started bitching about GW raising their prices during lockdowns while she grabbed multi carts to be greedy. That was a terrible time for so many people. She's lucky she had GW's to even go to. So many businesses suffered and closed and she whined about a $1.00 increase. Then she went on about an 8 cent piece of tissue paper. That was it for me. She showed zero empathy. Pfft to her AFAIC.
    I'm not really into racks of clothing or shoes either.

I'm watching Lori Tata lately. I find her very nice and pleasant, and I watch to learn as I dabble on poshmark.

9.     +1   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Thank you! I’m also a part time reseller and did find some good sales advice on Mogi Beth. I’ll give Lori Tati a try!
    What is poshmark’s selling fee?

10.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (BlueMoonPale @ 5/26/2023, 01:45 AM) 
    I like Amanda's Mercantile too, but she rarely has new content.
    Does anyone watch Yvonne from Thrifty Rich? She has some knowledge but she has a real "you can't sit with us" vibe about her.

Never watched Yvon.
    I think Amanda works really hard so doesn't post that often, which is fine to me. I like her visuals.

I've been buying and selling for many years because I had a store. So I went to many shows, auctions and flea markets to purchase for my store
    So my perspective is a bit different. I'm not into a lot of the junk I see them pick up. Now I do mostly smalls that are easy to ship. It's a side hustle for me.

11.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Monday‚ Monday @ 5/26/2023, 02:03 AM) 
    Thank you! I’m also a part time reseller and did find some good sales advice on Mogi Beth. I’ll give Lori Tati a try!
    What is poshmark’s selling fee?

I did ebay about 5 years ago, I would NOT do it now, too many scams, returns and they side with buyers.
    I do etsy mostly, it must be vintage. Poshmark takes straight 20% BUT it's very easy to post and they pretty much take care of everything.
    There's no listing fees, so if stuff sits there you don't pay. It's getting a bit wild now with "posh parties" and live sales. Who has time to watch all that? I think they want to compete with whatnot. So I put stuff there I cannot put on etsy and some of it sells. I try to keep it quality items.
    Poshmark is about labels and trends.

12.     +2   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    I resell fulltime, mostly vintage. I watch YouTube resellers whilst I'm packing and listing. For me, I need ones without an irritating voice and at least some knowledge. If I constantly see them passing over valuable stuff, it gives me anxiety lol
    Dr Lori has great knowledge but that voice is awful.

13. TopsyTurvy

User deleted

I used to watch Dr. Lori but lately she is so negative. She is way too worried about people questioning her expertise & spends too much time bitching about it. Also spends too much time talking about her weight with references to being heavy. She needs to love herself more.

14.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    If I can find it, I'll post a video about Dr. Lori tomorrow.

Yes, some of them pass by really good stuff and pick up tacky junk.

15.     +3   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    I resell part-time, usually vintage toys, books, homewares. 90s nostalgia etc.

The Australian resellers are usually unsnarkworthy but lately I've been side-eying The Aussie Flipper. He has a new employee called Courtney and is blatantly using her conventional good looks for clicks. He's started a series on coaching her on starting a new eBay store from scratch and she could not appear less enthusiastic. He has made it a replica of his own store, puts her face in the thumbnail, gets triple the views. If he doesn't compensate her for the YouTube earnings, it's pretty exploitative.

244 replies since 25/5/2023, 21:53   25096 views