Title by CallItLikeISeeIt

2.     +5   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Gussie

😳😳😳😳😳
    No one is going to think her behavior is cute in public school. I think she would get an attitude adjustment very fast. Opening her mouth in strange contortions and squealing would be stopped immediately.

3.     +1   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    Just marking my spot, again.

4.     +6   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    I also feel that Hannah would be a nightmare for any teacher to handle. What’s worse is that Tom would keep insisting and arguing that Hannah’s behavior is “so cute” versus the disruptive, obnoxious behavior that everyone else sees. Hopefully the teacher would have the final word.

5.     +7   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (DisneyFan @ 23/8/2023, 01:39) 
    Gussie

😳😳😳😳😳
    No one is going to think her behavior is cute in public school. I think she would get an attitude adjustment very fast. Opening her mouth in strange contortions and squealing would be stopped immediately.

Gussie. It is only a good thing that capital punishment is banned in schools. No trained teacher would or should have to smack a five-year-old to make them behave! I have seen a lot worse behaviour than Hannah’s. Some kids at that age are violent towards their parents and siblings. Her behavioural issues are down to her egocentricity, stemming from her father spoiling her. If she was in a public school and among her peers, she would not be the ‘baby’ and would not be spoiled in the class. She would soon learn from the other kids how to behave appropriately and the teacher would reward her appropriately. She would stop all that yelling and would learn to conform. Like the other girls, she needs company among her own age. She’s probably bored at the minute too and only gets school on a part-time basis. Being away from the older boys and Tom is required for her to see herself realistically; that she is no more special than anyone else.

6.     +4   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Most of the south and Wyoming allow corporal punishment. I think Hannah would want praise from her teacher so she would learn appropriate ways to act. At this point, I think that's her only hope. Get her away from Tom (for at least 7 or 8 hours a day).

The kids must've had a good day at school because Tom never mentioned them at the beginning of his bible study. He probably hoped they would all come home crying how awful it was and want to be homeschooled again.

7.     +2   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    Gussie

😳😳😳😳😳

Well Disneyfan, how are they going to get her to knock it off with the obnoxious behavior? She has never been disciplined in any way.

I was a nanny many years ago. The people who were the parents had terrible kids. Horribly spoiled,kicked out of kindergartens repeatedly. Violent. They told me they didn't use discipline, they used distraction. Turn the kid's attention away from bad behavior, towards good behavior.

Their 6 year old pushed his uncle down the stairs. He had z concussion

Yeah. Right. I spanked their little bottoms when they ran into traffic or kicked me. I also taught them how to bake and decorate cakes, I knitted them mittens, I taught them to swim, and to sing Broadway show tunes. We spent a lot of time together and I grew to like them (they were still violent and often mean), but they grew to love me.

I know most people don't believe in spanking. I found a disapproving spank on the butt worked extremely well. With Hannah? Possibly one of the worst kids ever? How would you control her?

8.     +2   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Marking

9.     +3   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    Marking my spot

10.     +3   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Violent, yes spanking does brain damage to children and teaches them to repeat the behaviour. If you don't have the communication skills to use your words should seek the help of a speech therapist and/or neurologist to help treat brain damage. I feel bad for the children in your care. Many repeat behaviour as they don't get tested for A.C.E.s and get treatment to rewire the brain, to stop the cycle of abuse and long term physical damage to all systems not just to the neurological system.

11.     +8   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I'm assuming that Claudia's new teacher will have been apprised of her former 'education' and will make appropriate allowances until the child adapts.

Claudia will have been used to wandering off from the horrible cubby whenever she wants and for a very short academic day, which will make the structured real school seem very tiring and restricting at first. But peer pressure is a wonderful tool and she's bright and inquisitive, eager for genuine praise and will do well with some provisos; she needs Tom's parental support and a home regime that supports the school day, such as time for homework, regular baths, tidy hair, early bedtimes, early rising and a nutritious breakfast. Clothes and school bag prepared the night before. Adequate footwear and clothing.

I think we can all see the pitfalls ahead of the little girl.

My wish is that someone signs Claudia up for the school breakfast club and the after school activities and that she makes friends who had normal parents, one or two of whom might quietly take her under their wing. I think Asher, the surrogate Father in the Mills household, will most likely bring her to school and collect her. It's too far to walk but in the summer she'd manage fine if she had a bike and older siblings to chaperone her.

In last night's Bible study, Tom wanted so badly to bitch and whine but for some reason reined it back and just complained at being very tired. I think he may have hauled himself out of bed to take Claudia for her first day at school or at least say Goodbye to her. I mean, he's always moaning at being tired but I felt he did actually look tired this time. After all, he lives a teenage boy's lifestyle by norm, so any change would be a shock to his frail system.

We'll hopefully gain some idea of how it went for the intrepid three Mills children when the Thursday shopping trip is shown. Unless by then Tom's meagre store of energy will have been so depleted he resorts to bought pizza and an early night with no video and I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case.

12.     +7   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Gussie @ 23/8/2023, 04:11) 
    Gussie

😳😳😳😳😳

Well Disneyfan, how are they going to get her to knock it off with the obnoxious behavior? She has never been disciplined in any way.

I was a nanny many years ago. The people who were the parents had terrible kids. Horribly spoiled,kicked out of kindergartens repeatedly. Violent. They told me they didn't use discipline, they used distraction. Turn the kid's attention away from bad behavior, towards good behavior.

Their 6 year old pushed his uncle down the stairs. He had z concussion

Yeah. Right. I spanked their little bottoms when they ran into traffic or kicked me. I also taught them how to bake and decorate cakes, I knitted them mittens, I taught them to swim, and to sing Broadway show tunes. We spent a lot of time together and I grew to like them (they were still violent and often mean), but they grew to love me.

I know most people don't believe in spanking. I found a disapproving spank on the butt worked extremely well. With Hannah? Possibly one of the worst kids ever? How would you control her?

Well, if an outsider had spanked my child, they would have been in big trouble. I think most parents would feel the same. I used to be an advocate of spanking, but am no longer. Unruly children are usually the result of poor parenting. This is definitely the case with Hannah. It sounds as if it was the case with the children you were nanny to. You state how they responded to the kindness you showed.
    Positive reinforcement goes a long well in teaching children to behave in the way you expect. As a teacher, I have been equipped with methods of managing unwanted behaviour. I suggest that the parents you worked for, and perhaps yourself, didn’t have training or experience in behavioural management.
    You describe Hanna as possibly ‘one of the worst kids ever’. You must have had a very sheltered life. Hannah behaves like a typically spoilt child. Have you ever seen her be violent toward her siblings? Have you seen her have a temper tantrum? Have you seen her in obstinate disobedience? She certainly hasn’t pushed anyone down stairs! Yes, she is demanding in terms of attention and asking for material things, but she could be an awful lot worse! There is nothing there that being with a teacher and among her peer group wouldn’t moderate.

13.     Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    No,you do not cause pain. You spank lightly. With 6 year olds, barely at the age of reason, who insist on running into traffic because he likes to scare drivers and make them screech? Spanking worked.

Sorry you feel bad for my charges. They all seem to have flourished in my care. We still communicate with great fondness and humor.

Pushing his uncle down the stairs happened my first day. Clearly distraction from bad behavior was not working.

As to Hannah. Tom shows Hannah being cuuuuute. I am sure he would not include images of her being a bully, which I am sure exist. No kid as narcissistic as Hannah restrains herself with her siblings.

I knew I'd get this kind of virtue signaling from a baker. I will let this rest here and won't respond further. Feel free to enjoy getting the last word.

14.     +4   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Emotional and psychological damage is usually a lot worse than you might think. Having to fear misbehaving because your parent or caretaker will cause you pain and humiliation is not my idea of creating a nurturing and loving environment and is likely to set children up to repeat the cycle.

I don't think there is any need to threaten children with hitting them to correct any behavioral issue.

Just my opinion. Not directed at anyone, just adding to the discussion.

15.     +9   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    As obnoxious as Hannah is, I really don't think hitting her is the answer. There are better ways to correct a child's behavior, like having a discussion and taking away privileges, than spanking.

909 replies since 23/8/2023, 00:32   142680 views