Clean freaks, hacks and wacks; talking dirty about the cleaning channels

« Older   Newer »

1.     Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    QUOTE (UhOh @ 12/2/2023, 11:08 AM) 
    Did anyone watch MMC's latest video? He's clearly cleaning his son's house! Noticed how he did not use his son's name or his girlfriend's name. In fact, Mack seemed a bit on the low side of energy narrating this video. My question is, how can people who clean hoarder houses live in nearly similar conditions as the houses they clean?

I might have to watch that. I had quit watching MMC because I can't take any more of "quirky" violent ramblings. I liked Barbie at first but she is just getting more and more out there.. Sometimes I think she overshares. Her obsession with her newly diagnosed Autism is getting old also. She also uses toilet bowl cleaner on tubs and tile. I have a tub that I have tried for years to get clean looking and a contractor told me that someone at one point had possibly used toilet bowl cleaner on the tub and stripped it. Just makes me wonder if she is aware of that possibility or if she knew beforehand that it wouldn't hurt the tub.

2.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Wait... clean with Barbie is now suddenly "autistic"?? Wow, she really does have a thing for Mack and is trying to connect with him on all levels! I did see in one of her lives I just saw the thumbnail that she now has pink hair like Mack's wife! The more these people are online and expose themselves, the stranger it gets and just flat out weird.

Like when Mack said that if people don't laugh with him by calling his son filth, or unsubscribers devil worshippers, then those people don't belong on HIS channel. A person who claims to have empathy for hoarders, will clean their house for "free" while filming and exploiting it on youtube for money. If his channel is about helping others and cleaning, then he needs to take his business seriously, listen to the viewers, and maybe make a separate channel for his nonsense and not lump it all into one category.

I can understand how using toilet bowl cleaner can help with extreme cases, but I think alot of people go overboard and use it on all surfaces all the time as if it's a fast fix to get the cleaning overwith. Barbie doesn't seem to research or care how her aggressive cleaning can cause more damage than good.

3.     +1   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    CITAZIONE (UhOh @ 23/10/2023, 02:25) 
    Cleaning with Barbie I did watch, but she's getting a bit big for her britches. She argued with a woman about some place and she just kept arguing and made content with it. Nope. I stopped watching as she came off as so arrogant. She needs therapy before doing this job!

This. I stopped watching her because something about how her videos were becoming was starting to annoy me. In general, her voice does not sound pleasant, but that's a personal opinion, it's just that I do like watching Auri and she was taking a jab at her in a couple of her vids a few months ago. Acting as if she didn't know her or deliberatly didn't watch her, not aspiring to be the 'world's best cleaner and saying such a thing about myself would be ridiculous', as if Auri saying it about herself is something bad.

The way Barbie's videos were progressing (including the legging/butt shots) but also the way she seemed to act a little more irritable and snobbish, alongside the obviously deleting comments that were slightly critical, made me stop watching. It's very obvious to me she wants to be like Aurikatariina but does anything not to be associated with her, and that strange connection made with MMC, I've seen that too. It was kind of disgusting to me. I did watch a few more vids after unsubbing, but that'll be it. If I do watch MMC, It's on mute, just seeing progress of cleaning is nice. But it turns out I do not watch for the creator but for the befores and afters.

4.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Bonnie is autistic, not Barbie. I have seen Barbie ruin a stainless steel appliance, take the shine right off a marble or granite counter top as well as many other "cleaning disasters" she doesn't care what product she's using at all. In yesterdays video it looks like she sprayed wall cleaner all over a black leather sofa. Maybe it was a different cleaner but there is no way in hell I would want her to clean for me. She doesn't care about anything.

5.     +3   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    So, are people getting the autism diagnosis just so they can generate a higher income through youtube, hashtags and monetizing their mental health? Are they doing this out of peer pressure? So many questions! Like handing out tickets to a pony ride! You're autistic now, too! sheesh

I would never have any of these people come through my house with their super harsh chemicals. I'm trying to go more natural with my cleaning and always trying out DIY recipes. MMC says vinegar doesn't clean well. I beg to differ. It does alot more than he says! He also says all microfibre cloths are the same... no, they're not! Never buy from the dollar store, in my experience! I think MMC talks alot but has limited experience and just tries to make himself sound smart to win over an audience while he's wrong and the audience doesn't care. JMO.

6.     +1   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Bonnie from A Beautiful Mess now has this disclaimer on her videos. There is no way I would let her clean my house either. She uses those bootleg scour daddy’s on everything and a few videos back she scratched the hell out of a black microwave door.

717DF9B1-ADE3-4A77-9CB3-3054BDFE0EEB

7.     Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Autism and other diseases are the new thing to be diagnosed with. It's the new way to get money. Check out illness fakers on Reddit.

8.     Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (lalataz @ 4/12/2023, 23:11) 
    Autism and other diseases are the new thing to be diagnosed with. It's the new way to get money. Check out illness fakers on Reddit.

Oh, wow! I had no idea that was there! So is that why Mack is always saying in his lives to the moderators that if they see anyone leaving comments about being fake, they're supposed to ban them immediately?!

I think anyone can appear any way they want on camera and make it seem as if they're genuine. Everyone has quirks. Just because we have them, does that make us not normal or just unique in our own way? Why does everything have to have a label? Or a pill?

Bigger question is: are the doctors aware and is this a part of an agenda to make more money for themselves, as well?

9.     +2   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Yes it is and a huge money maker. I have Autism and other issues too. It pisses me off that people get away with so much if they claim they have Autism or another mental illness.

10.     +3   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    MMC posted in his community tab humble bragging about all the money they're spending on "this couple's" home makeover. Clearly he's talking about his son, Jason and his girlfriend. He's making it seem like he's helping some random couple when it's in fact his own family. Nothing wrong with helping family, but why isn't Mack being up front about it? If anyone heard his ramblings in his thanksgiving video, he says he's paying for his daughter's tuition fees for college. Now he needs to find a way to treat his 2 sons and spend equal amounts on them, as well. It's so obvious "this couple" is his son!

This is why many youtubers are called liars. People who are around in the beginning (like I was with MMC) do pay attention and eventually, the creator gets caught up trying to spin a different narrative that is not the complete truth. So much for "transparency for the community!" Just wait til it all backfires. This is the other problem with fast growing channels. Many viewers are new, have no idea what's what or who's whom and so they believe at face value that what the guy says is truth. It's all for clickbait, views and pats on their own back.

They won't even clean a house unless it can be filmed. I think that's a bit rude.

11.     Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Seriously are they considered professionals when they do YouTube videos and that's how they get their cleaning jobs?

12.     +1   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    In the Powder Room Sharing with Wonder 🙌🌎🦋🏆

Status
    Anonymous
    Nah they're just winging it. A lot of them. It's pretty clear who has been trained properly and cleans with decent hygiene.

The kitchen paint job colour was horrible that MWC Mac did. It's hard to think that itade that dingy, dirty kitchen look worse.

13.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    They just want to make themselves look selfless while making money. It's quite hypocritical, if you ask me.

Yes, that was a horrible job on the kitchen but he was making it clear that it was the "lady of the house" choices. Still confused as to why he's not admitting it's his son's house. Is he embarrassed by it? Depression goes alot deeper than slapping some paint around the house.

I've noticed Mack admits he gets easily addicted to things so it makes me think this youtube stint is just another way for him to hyper focus, get his million and then watch him trail off onto something else. I also think he's buying subscribers, if you look at his social blade.

14.     +3   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    So MMC admitted in his new video that the couple living in that house are embarrassed about their living situations.

Mack used to live with his ex in that house. His ex left, he got the house. He got a new wife and different house (the current house he lives in) and he gave his old house to his son who now lives their with his girlfriend. All of these things have been said in past videos. I guess I'd be embarrassed to admit it too, and make it seem like they're doing this for random strangers, instead. You can hear just how familial they all are as he talks about it in his new video. And he says that there's no way to buy new face plates for the receptacles or light switches?? So, you can buy buckets of paint but there's no hardware store nearby? I find that very hard to believe. How about ordering stuff ahead of time from Amazon? We all know Mack loves Amazon shopping! Painting over it is so tacky and I think it's unsafe.

The other telltale signs I've picked up on is that Mack never taught his son basic house maintenance as a child or growing up into his adult years. So now he has to teach him all these things in order to keep things functioning. I have a feeling alot of deep seated issues lie with Mack and his lack of parenting his kids and he uses his twisted humor to try to cover these things up. He's still calling unsubscribers devil worshipers.

15.     +3   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Bonnie (A Beautiful Mess) is getting to be unwatchable. Ever since she announced her autism diagnosis it’s like she’s trying to imitate Mack right down to the jokes he makes. His sense of humor isn’t an issue with me, but she’s trying too hard and it doesn’t come across naturally. In her most recent video she’s trying to show the funny dialogue between her and her daughter, but it doesn’t land at all. The way her daughter was throwing stuff across the room was so disrespectful to the homeowner.

74 replies since 17/10/2023, 20:41   4955 views