Justin Rhodes

« Older   Newer »

1.     +8   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    His abundance plus is a big scam. Everything he takes credit for and writes in his books he stole from Joel Salitin.

2.     +1   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    So glad this thread exists!

Can anyone fill me in on their troubling history with dogs? I remember reading something back in the day but forget what it was

3.     +1   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    CITAZIONE (SophieKitty @ 28/10/2023, 03:53) 
    Blabbermouth

Yes, the kids do it all. The daughter cooks breakfast and dinners. Justin cooks too. The lazy cow does nothing.

After she had the last kid, she laid in bed for 4 weeks and the kids cooked meals and brought the food to their mother in bed!

I haven't watched their channel for a very long time ,so didn't see this , but I believe she has or had a serious medical condition?

4.     +1   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Haven’t watched in a while, but from what I recall, doesn’t Justin think vegetables are essentially poison?? He’s all meat and anything with a seed will just kill you? Please tell me he gives his kids fruits and veggies! I recall his property looking like a dump. Still the case? Maybe I should jump back in….

5.     +2   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    andampersand

They got a dog I believe was an Australian shepherd and never bothered to train it. That dog bite another child and they got rid of it. Then they got a miniature golden doodle that wasn’t trained. Justin would try to take him during chores, but the dog just wanted to be in bed with the lazy wife. So when this dog jumped on the toddler, they got rid of him too. Now they have a livestock guardian dog who is completely ignored. What really drives me crazy is that they feed him a raw diet, BUT Justin just throws a pile of frozen meat/bones and walks away. That poor dog gets a slab of frozen meat. So sad.

6.     +2   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    When Arun worked for them and lived in their rental house, they worked him like a mule. He even brought her back all that stainless steel kitchen stuff from India and he cooked meals once a week for them. They just used him like a sucker, IMO.

When Arun and his family were leaving the USA back to India for a period of time Justin made a brief mention he was leaving them and then had some kind of gathering for something else. He had no farewell party for Arun. I think they had a falling out, likely b/c of Justin being an ass and was never any kind of friend....just at user. This is when I really began to "pay attention" to the Rhodes and saw through their BS.

Arun has his own channel, though small group but I enjoy watching him and he shared different things about India and also when his mother was going through cancer. He seems like a really nice guy who got really used by the Rhodes. Arun came back to the US after a time and was in the Ashville area but there was never a mention of him seeing the Rhodes.

I also thought it was very tacky when Justin was filming his father, basically on his death bed. Anything for content with this guy!

And HER...well, her mother did alot for them...always there when all the cream/milk needed to be dealt with. Now that her mother is very ill, she can't use her mother. She doesn't do anything worthwhile except shop online. She doesn't do any canning or freezing, yet they were growing huge gardens that went to feed the pigs. All that...for CONTENT.

One video she was all gung ho to make tomato sauce. Did she ever do it again? Not likely.

Someone mentioned she's got a serious health issue....I think it's something with her thyroid but I'm sure it's not life threatening that she can't get off her lazy ass. If she has mental health issues with depression (which they did videos about), she would get professional help, not down a bunch of herbs and stuff she's no expert on.

The Seasonal Homestead has talked openly about her depression and the things she does that helps her, one of which is gardening and boy does she garden and prepare/preserve food for her family. She also says she needs lots of sunlight coming into her home, so it was buit with lots of big windows...that kind of thing.

Like my mother would say, "she's the kind of girl who expects her grapes to be peeled for her and served on a silver platter."

Edited by Blabbermouth - 10/30/2023, 01:11 AM

7.     +3   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (SophieKitty @ 10/29/2023, 02:37 PM) 
    andampersand

They got a dog I believe was an Australian shepherd and never bothered to train it. That dog bite another child and they got rid of it. Then they got a miniature golden doodle that wasn’t trained. Justin would try to take him during chores, but the dog just wanted to be in bed with the lazy wife. So when this dog jumped on the toddler, they got rid of him too. Now they have a livestock guardian dog who is completely ignored. What really drives me crazy is that they feed him a raw diet, BUT Justin just throws a pile of frozen meat/bones and walks away. That poor dog gets a slab of frozen meat. So sad.

He really should be reported for animal abuse. I haven't watched his videos in quite some time but they show up on my feed....what's with all the sheep dying? He's a real compassionate guy, not!

8.     +2   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    Today’s video is that they’re giving up the grocery store in 2024. Give me a break. They outsourced their vegetable gardening this year and they’re supposedly going to be in their game to grow everything they need? Pshaw!

QUOTE (Blabbermouth @ 30/10/2023, 00:52) 
    When Arun worked for them and lived in their rental house, they worked him like a mule. He even brought her back all that stainless steel kitchen stuff from India and he cooked meals once a week for them. They just used him like a sucker, IMO.

When Arun and his family were leaving the USA back to India for a period of time Justin made a brief mention he was leaving them and then had some kind of gathering for something else. He had no farewell party for Arun. I think they had a falling out, likely b/c of Justin being an ass and was never any kind of friend....just at user. This is when I really began to "pay attention" to the Rhodes and saw through their BS.

Arun has his own channel, though small group but I enjoy watching him and he shared different things about India and also when his mother was going through cancer. He seems like a really nice guy who got really used by the Rhodes. Arun came back to the US after a time and was in the Ashville area but there was never a mention of him seeing the Rhodes.

I also thought it was very tacky when Justin was filming his father, basically on his death bed. Anything for content with this guy!

And HER...well, her mother did alot for them...always there when all the cream/milk needed to be dealt with. Now that her mother is very ill, she can't use her mother. She doesn't do anything worthwhile except shop online. She doesn't do any canning or freezing, yet they were growing huge gardens that went to feed the pigs. All that...for CONTENT.

One video she was all gung ho to make tomato sauce. Did she ever do it again? Not likely.

Like my mother would say, "she's the kind of girl who expects her grapes to be peeled for her and served on a silver platter."

9.     +2   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    HAHAHAHA, let me pick myself up off the floor from laughing so hard. They are giving up the grocery store? HAHAHAHAHA!!! This simply means, we'll be buying everything online and having it delivered, as usual. They had a huge asparagus with strawberries growing under them. Did they even harvest a thing from it or end up digging it up. So many veggies they grew were throw to the chickens and pigs. They start stuff, do it for content and you don't see them doing it again.

10.     +3   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    I feel bad for the kids, if they truly 'give up' the grocery store. I bet they will have their pantry stocked full with stuff from walmart that we won't see. Flour, cereals, nuts, etc. Homesteading is about community. You can't do it alone. Can't wait to see what the kids eat for their birthday, because its not going to be pizza and chicken wings. Even Jess from R&R lets her kids have ANYTHING they want for their b-day, mcdonalds, greasy pizza, etc.

Also.. any one see when Morgan from Gold Shaw Farm was doing the test at HoA for organic vs not organic eggs, and lazy wife spat both out because she's so concious about not consuming anything not organic? That was nasty watching her spit out half chewed eggs.

11.     +5   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair...

Status
    Some people take the organic thing too far. And I seriously doubt they'll ever go without the grocery store again. I ain't holding my breath on that one. Jamerill Stewart did the same thing this year and it didn't work out. He must have also had read the book A Year Without the Grocery Store. 🙄 Are they planning to manufacture their own sugar, salt etc...if not, then they will need the grocery store for some stuff. Even the homesteaders from pioneer Days had to go to the mercantile once in awhile for stuff.

12.     +6   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    For “homesteaders” this couple is the sickliest two I’ve ever seen! She doesn’t can any garden produce so if they grew a large amount, it would go to waste. They run around like chickens with their heads cut off. No way they can live without a grocery store. I’ve canned hundreds of jars of food and froze a lot and I’ll still need to go to the store.

13.     +6   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    I started watching Justin when I first got into gardening and was watching a lot of instructional videos. I was hearing/seeing his name everywhere so decided to check him out. He and his wife have two of the most annoying voices on the internet. I couldn't get through most of the videos I watched because their voices are so grating, and I didn't see anything that stood out to me that would make the rest of YouTube think he's some kind of homestead god. They're obnoxious.

14.     +3   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Anna Banana @ 10/30/2023, 05:46 PM) 
    For “homesteaders” this couple is the sickliest two I’ve ever seen! She doesn’t can any garden produce so if they grew a large amount, it would go to waste. They run around like chickens with their heads cut off. No way they can live without a grocery store. I’ve canned hundreds of jars of food and froze a lot and I’ll still need to go to the store.

Same here, I have a huge garden and we eat fresh from it all summer and then freeze and preserve/can piles of food b/c I prefer to cook from scratch and we do limit our grocery store visits during our cold harsh winters b/c I hate going out in -30C weather. We do a small hydroponic system for greens in the winter. I source our meat and eggs locally. BUT, I can't grow bananas, orange, baking ingredients, salt, etc. I still need to buy from the store b/c I like variety.

Anyone who claims they stay out of the store for a whole year either has a massive hoard or will be eating very limited food.

15.     +5   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    I don't know what it is about them, but I can't even get through one video of theirs.

210 replies since 27/10/2023, 15:39   15134 views