As requested.

2.     +2   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Thanks, FP.

Does it annoy anyone else that she always calls her food "she"?

It drives me nuts.

3.     +1   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I don't know how she truly feeds her family on the little amount she cooks, especially with 3 growing boys.

4.     +1   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    She gets very defensive about it too. She's always asking them if they're sure they're getting enough food or making snarky comments about portion size.

5.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I had to turn her off when her trash husband is in the garage with her own young son running around and dad has a GUN on his hip.

Like give it a break dude. How small is your …. That you need to think you’re tough with a gun on your hip at
    Home 😆 😝 😂

Losers.

6.     +2   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Ok, so far I enjoy her channel even though it isn’t the way I would cook. I enjoy her sons, they seem like good kids. I’m feel for them that they have a camera shoved in their face while eating. anyway…I don’t buy that she actually feeds 2 teen boys and a healthy man that amount of food. Plus!!! And no shade to her, I’m no skinny woman, myself, but she wouldn’t be able to maintain her own size on what she shows. I think it’s just for the channel and they are eating other things off camera.

7.     +6   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    My issues with Brook are nitpicky, but I'm starting to dislike her more with each video. Does this happen with every YTer? I like someone initially and they slowly start to irritate me more over time.

So, watching one of her low-carb budget meals from November 1st, she is very snarky in the comments. It's just unnecessary. I think being on YT brings out the worst in people. She started out with a very friendly relatable vibe and now she's getting defensive over everything. Her pinned comment on the video is ridiculous and she replies further down to someone who commented on the size of the turkey burgers with this:

"They were all the same, mega genius. I divided the roll with a knife. Making burgers out by hand they can’t be uniform in shape. Good grief the things people on the Internet complain about! I feel like an idiot for even responding to this nonsense. If you’re talking about the flatter patty, by saying the big one, Ryder got it. Want me to weigh them all for you next time?? Good grief!!! Want to have a forensic team come in and look at the video to see if they were the same size?"

That was completely unnecessary and I think it makes her look really bad. Why not just ignore silly stuff like that?

8. wnywife
        +1   Like  

User deleted

I gave up the day she made brats with frozen peppers & onions & rolled them up in flour tortillas.

There is no way in hell that anyone is full after eating that, unless it’s the youngest.

I was hoping she would highlight her gardening this summer, and how she preserves it. Nope, she found her lazy niche with “make it to pay day” and “$5 stock up”

If you are doing a $5 stock up every week, how many make it to pay day meals do you need? You should have a nicely stocked pantry after 6 months.

9.     +5   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    I'm the same way I'll like someone for a while and then they start to annoy me. When she made meals with like 1/2 or 1 lb. of meat for grown boys and that size family I was like how ridiculous. No way they are full with 5 people splitting 1 chicken breast 🙄

10. wnywife

User deleted

She got super snarky in previous videos about meat, veggie & fruit portions.
    Her favorite defense is something like when you’re broke you can’t be worrying about nutrition, you need to get tummies full! These are just temporary solutions! I don’t cook like this every day!
    Sadly, most people following her on social media are that broke all the time. And they are eating like that all the time. So, they follow their “Bestie” like she is a guru of frugal life.
    That family is a simmering pot of high blood pressure, high cholesterol and type 2 diabetes waiting to happen. If it hasn’t already.

11. wnywife
        +3   Like  

User deleted

She’s just phoning it in now.
    Have a potluck for a frugal Thanksgiving!
    Here’s a slop casserole of boxed stuffing I bought on sale LAST YEAR!
    And some nasty honey creamed corn.
    Come back for part 2!
    Only her oldest was around to try her concoctions. At least the youngest wasn’t passing out from the euphoria of it all
    Besties, at this point I’m only watching to snark.

12.     +3   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    I’m glad this thread was started, although I don’t watch SFM much. When I do, I’m put off by her food, and also by her creepy icky husband. Not impressed with his gun toting, NRA supporting mentality.
    Also, like others of her ilk, she is very quick to take offense and ban comments and commenters that don’t kiss her ass with compliments

13. wnywife
        +1   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (Alohr @ 13/11/2023, 01:57) 
    I’m glad this thread was started, although I don’t watch SFM much. When I do, I’m put off by her food, and also by her creepy icky husband. Not impressed with his gun toting, NRA supporting mentality.
    Also, like others of her ilk, she is very quick to take offense and ban comments and commenters that don’t kiss her ass with compliments

I found out he had his own channel 😂🤣 Dusty Budget Survivalist. Just 😂🤣

14.     +2   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    I remember someone complained that she talked too much about him being in the military. At the time I watched her videos and had never heard her say. Then the wife of an about to retire Marine I should have clues in he has a LOT of facial here he’s not now in the military.

His gun loving made me stop watching.

15.     +2   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    Do either of them actually work real jobs? #AskingForAFriend

68 replies since 27/10/2023, 15:45   6624 views