Southern Frugal Momma

« Older   Newer »

1.     +2   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    I don’t know what he does for a living. She homeschools the boys and does you tube

2.     +3   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    100% assumption, I thought he was probably injured while on duty and retired, which would give him benefits. I have no evidence, it was just based on thoughts after watching her videos.

3. wnywife
        +2   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (Alohr @ 15/11/2023, 03:39) 
    I don’t know what he does for a living. She homeschools the boys and does you tube

I think something with HVAC/heating/cooling.

I think over the summer he was injured at work? Supposedly he went back to work, but I’m not 100% certain
    I know he had a YT channel too

4.     +2   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    Does a 1099 with YouTube deduct taxes for future Social Security Retirement? #askingforafriend

5. wnywife
        +1   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (Barbies Mom @ 17/11/2023, 20:59) 
    Does a 1099 with YouTube deduct taxes for future Social Security Retirement? #askingforafriend

If you get a 1099 it’s your responsibility to put aside money for any taxes that might be owed.
    1099 indicates independent contractor income.

Her latest make it to payday low carb video is awful
    Honey ham doesn’t have carbs! No, but items full of chemicals.
    Butter doesn’t have carbs! No, but it’s full of saturated fat.
    Honey ham breakfast tacos🤦🏻‍♀️

6. wnywife
        +1   Like  

User deleted

Mmmmm….. 🤢latest make it to payday, what to eat when you’re broke — chicken backs in the crockpot. Shredded & made cauliflower fried rice.
    A new low!!

7.     +2   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    I quit watching her.

8.     +2   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    I just started watching her, so glad she has a thread! I came to look after seeing all the PW crap she cooks with.

9. wnywife
        +3   Like  

User deleted

She’s been sucked in by Good Chop.
    Guess those What To Eat When You’re Broke videos will be few & far between.
    Attached Image
    IMG_4864

10.     +3   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Does anyone know how the Good Chop sponsorship works? Is she getting the box completely for free or at a discount? Her "aunt Vicky" is arguing with people in the comments that she never gets food for free and it all comes out of her pocket.

There's no way someone frugally minded(who normally buys marked-down meat at the grocery store) would pay Good Chop prices.

They're also claiming that all the money she makes from sponsorships is going to fund some sort of program for people who need food.

11. wnywife
        +3   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (HomeInTheZoo @ 12/12/2023, 18:00) 
    Does anyone know how the Good Chop sponsorship works? Is she getting the box completely for free or at a discount? Her "aunt Vicky" is arguing with people in the comments that she never gets food for free and it all comes out of her pocket.

There's no way someone frugally minded(who normally buys marked-down meat at the grocery store) would pay Good Chop prices.

They're also claiming that all the money she makes from sponsorships is going to fund some sort of program for people who need food.

In the corner it says “includes paid promotion,” this means she was paid in some way to promote good chop.
    If you use her code to buy Good Chop you receive a discount of some sort, but…. She receives some type of credit or payment on her Good Chop account. Sort of like Amazon affiliates.

12. wnywife
        +4   Like  

User deleted

She’s getting paid. It says “paid promotion” in the corner. Whether it’s free meats & seafood, a portion of the sales using her code, or reimbursement for her buying Good Chop, or all 3, Brooke is getting money/product from Good Chop.
    Aunt Vicky is not telling the truth.

I call BS that there is some fund she puts sponsorship money into to help others. She’s buying new clothes, getting her hair done, etc. Brooke is looking mighty polished these days.
    She didn’t even pay for all the food she filled the Blessing Boxes with. Viewers sent her money & gift cards.
    She certainly is good at taking credit for good works & helping others, but through the generousity of others.
    Attached Image
    IMG_4872

13.     +2   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I wish Youtube would require these creators to disclose exactly how they are being compensated. I want to know if you're just getting it free or you're getting free meat and also being paid to promote the product.

I don't trust any of these companies and I won't buy their products, but I think it should be required that others know the truth before they spend their hard-earned money on sponsored products. I'm sure there are some people out there who genuinely look to YTers for recommendations and they don't realize they're being swindled.

14. wnywife
        +2   Like  

User deleted

This explains the different levels of YT sponsorships, paid promotions & earned commissions
    www.podia.com/articles/youtube-sponsorships-and-brand-deals

15. wnywife
        +1   Like  

User deleted

Hope she filed the paperwork for 501(c) 3 charitable organization
    This is from her Facebook group.
    She also posted a shirt on YT a couple days ago.
    Attached Image
    IMG_4875

68 replies since 27/10/2023, 15:45   6638 views