Southern Frugal Momma

« Older   Newer »

1.     +3   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    So, if I'm reading that correctly, it's only sponsorship money from shorts, not from her longer videos?

That's not what Aunt Vicky said. :nono2:

Thanks for posting that info BTW. I don't have FB.

2.     +3   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    I don’t watch her very much but I have perused some of her videos. I wish her husband would take his cap off while eating dinner. It’s rude and sets a bad example for their 3 boys
    Also if you want to comment a warning comes up that you will be blocked if you comment on the skimpy amount of food she feeds her family.
    Fuck that.
    She’s overestimating her own importance.

3.     +2   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    I like her alright. I wouldn't make most of her meals though. I think there's only so many ways to feature cheap food meals. Her husband is yucky. I think they have bad manners when eating. All the chewing and breathing sounds.

4. wnywife
        +2   Like  

User deleted

Seems as if Brooke has been reading here, or maybe Aunt Vicky!
    Brooke’s latest short is all about the trolls.
    One comment is priceless! And Miss Be Kind, Be Positive went off…. Bless her heart! I think the Good Chop Paid Promo has gone to het head. Or the Temu garbage has melted her brain. Or all that Dollar Tree sausage has

Could she any more self-involved? Pat yourself on the back, Brooke! You took other people’s money & donations & donated them. Great job! Not! People send her money to buy food to distribute. Maybe they should keep that money in their own communities.
    https://

5.     +5   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I really hate when YTers make videos about people who criticize them. It just looks petty. They're always saying we need to do something better with our time or we must be miserable people since we're always gossiping about them.

I'm here for entertainment and fun. I enjoy reading other people's thoughts about creators I watch, in a place where those thoughts won't be censored. If these creators allowed some back-and-forth critiques in their comments, this place wouldn't have to exist.

No matter how they clap back at the haterz, it never comes across like they think it does. I mean, if you're happy with the content you put out, why do you feel the need to address the criticism? Just ignore it and move on.

6. wnywife
        +4   Like  

User deleted

Agreed! HomeInTheZoo
    My life is good, just because I have criticism of these people doesn’t mean I’m unhappy.
    These content creators cannot handle even the tiniest bit of criticism. Brooke is one of the worst at handling it. She needs Aunt Vicky to weed out all the meanies.
    Dear Brooke: you put your crappy “Make It To Pay Day” and “What To Eat When You’re Broke out there. You can’t whine when people call you out for the garbage you cook, and tell you it can be done better. You can’t ignore when they ask you to cook more from this amazing, fully stocked pantry you claim to have.

7.     +5   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    What a bitch. Stop making you tube videos if you can’t take everyone not kissing your fat ass.

8.     +5   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    She is not cut out for YouTube, way way too thin-skinned.

9.     +3   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Another Good Chop sponsorship? I'm sorry but a channel with "frugal" literally in the name should not be promoting this overpriced stuff. It pisses me off that a frugally-minded person is promoting stuff that she absolutely would never buy to her viewers who are likely trying to save as much as possible on groceries. It just gives me the ick.

In one video she's showing struggle meals and the next is a sponsorship like this. Does she not see how this is problematic?

I genuinely liked Brook a lot at first, but she's doing the same thing they all do. A little success goes to their heads and it's no longer about providing helpful content but just about the money.

10.     +4   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Has anyone watched Dollar Tree Dinners? Rebecca does a great job showing how to stretch a budget. The food may not be super nutritious, but it will feed a person!

I feel like SFM tries to do that, but her portions for those boys are just too small. I much prefer Rebecca.

11. wnywife
        +3   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (HomeInTheZoo @ 25/1/2024, 18:09) 
    Another Good Chop sponsorship? I'm sorry but a channel with "frugal" literally in the name should not be promoting this overpriced stuff. It pisses me off that a frugally-minded person is promoting stuff that she absolutely would never buy to her viewers who are likely trying to save as much as possible on groceries. It just gives me the ick.

In one video she's showing struggle meals and the next is a sponsorship like this. Does she not see how this is problematic?

I genuinely liked Brook a lot at first, but she's doing the same thing they all do. A little success goes to their heads and it's no longer about providing helpful content but just about the money.

Supposedly she set up some kind of charity named for her sister & all revenue from the Good Chop sponsorship goes to that.
    Her Aunt Vicky was commenting that Brooke doesn’t get anything free. Gee, we all know that isn’t true. When Vicky got called out on the BS, Brooke put up a short about this so called charity to help feed those in need.
    I call BS on that, too. Setting up a charity requires a lot of paperwork & separate bank accounts. If she set it up, why not share info with people so they can donate? Because it doesn’t exist.
    Supposedly all the proceeds from her merch goes to the charity, too.
    BS. Brooke had become just like the rest of these “frugal” YTers.

QUOTE (Lil Niblet @ 25/1/2024, 18:19) 
    Has anyone watched Dollar Tree Dinners? Rebecca does a great job showing how to stretch a budget. The food may not be super nutritious, but it will feed a person!

I feel like SFM tries to do that, but her portions for those boys are just too small. I much prefer Rebecca.

I like Rebecca! Her recipes are adaptable to any type of menu. It makes me take a long look at portion sizes

12.     +4   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Even with the charity, if that's actually true, she's still getting the food for free to do the sponsored videos. Unless I'm being completely obtuse here and missing the point. X)

I think what bothers me the most is that she's promoting such an expensive product on a so-called frugal channel. Even if that money is going to charity, surely her viewers could find better ways to give back in their own communities that don't involve blowing their food budget on overpriced meat.

Does anyone know the name of this charity? Surely it could be found through an online search if it's legit.

I'll have to check out dollar tree dinners. I've been recommended her videos before but don't think I've ever watched one.

13. wnywife
        +2   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (HomeInTheZoo @ 26/1/2024, 16:46) 
    Even with the charity, if that's actually true, she's still getting the food for free to do the sponsored videos. Unless I'm being completely obtuse here and missing the point. X)

I think what bothers me the most is that she's promoting such an expensive product on a so-called frugal channel. Even if that money is going to charity, surely her viewers could find better ways to give back in their own communities that don't involve blowing their food budget on overpriced meat.

Does anyone know the name of this charity? Surely it could be found through an online search if it's legit.

I'll have to check out dollar tree dinners. I've been recommended her videos before but don't think I've ever watched one.

It’s called the Nikki Ann Hand Up Project
    When I Googled it, her videos come up, along with a charity called Hand Up Project that was shut down for fraud. Not sure if Brooke is under the other charity or just happens to have a similar name.

Several months ago viewers sent her several hundred dollars to buy food for the blessing boxes in her areas. She made a video buying the food, filling the boxes, then drove around a few hours later showing that the food was already gone.
    Call me skeptical, but it was weird to me the food was gone so fast.
    I think people really should do things in their own communities. It kinda annoyed me that viewers would be happy to send a virtual stranger money for something they can do with a food pantry or blessing boxes in their own area.
    That’s about the time Brooke’s “charm” wore off for me.

14.     +1   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Thanks for the info wnywif

I may look further into it later. I watched the video you're talking about and I was also surprised the food was gone when she went back. I'm sure there are people in need who visit the boxes frequently but it seemed odd.

15. wnywife
        +1   Like  

User deleted

We have blessing boxes here, and I add to them regularly.
    It usually takes a day before they are down to almost bare. But the area I’m in isn’t quite as poverty stricken as Brooke’s area. I don’t know all that much about the Appalachian area in TN, but I have read most families are well below the poverty line. Ridiculously low.

I find it odd Brooke hadn’t done a deep dive pantry tour. I’ve commented a few times I would like to see it, do videos about pantry cooking rather than $2, $5, $10 make it to pay day.
    I binged her videos one time when I was recovering from a fall & I don’t remember one.

68 replies since 27/10/2023, 15:45   6628 views