Southern Frugal Momma

« Older   Newer »

1.     +5   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Exactly, teen boys eat like monsters. She should be making at least 5 large breasts. Let them have seconds. She probably doesn't mention they sit around eating chips all day to make up for scanty dinners.

2.     +3   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    If they were eating small meals like she claims, she would be a LOT smaller!
    My hubby was the oldest of 3 boys and while they were in high school, every week his mom’s grocery list included 3 gallons of milk, a 40 oz jar of peanut butter, 3 loaves of bread, two 18 count cartons of eggs, 3 blocks of cheese and 2 boxes of Blue Bunny Neapolitan ice cream, even though no-one ate the strawberry flavor. The shortest one is 6’3”.

3.     +4   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Brooke and her crazy aunt threaten to block anyone who suggests her boys don’t get enough to eat. Ok whatever but they really don’t get enough. They have to be eating more when she’s not filming
    So is Brooke for that matter. She’s pretty chunky.
    Still wish her ill mannered husband would take his hat off at the table. So rude

4.     +3   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    In the Dollar Tree video, she made sure to show off that Stanley several times with the brand name facing outwards.

Spend money on what you want. But that seems tacky coming from someone who cooks $5 dinners.

I got my teen a Stanley for Christmas while I still carry around my 8-year-old Yeti(which was a freebie from my husband's work). It works perfectly fine and keeps my water cold all day. :D

5. WittyWife
        +2   Like  

User deleted

These are the reasons I stopped watching. Brooke & Aunt Vicky threatening to block people. I was in the FB group, and Aunt Vicky is downright NASTY to people.
    I absolutely agree, the portion sizes are way off, mostly for protein and vegetables.
    I honestly worry about her boys health. Brooke doesn’t seem to know a heck of a lot about nutrition, just “filling bellies.”
    You can fill bellies and still provide proper nutrition, and do it on a budget.
    I made suggestions in the past that Brooke incorporate more of her gardening & using what’s in her pantry & freezer rather than those “make it to payday” and “what to eat when you’re broke” videos. Has she done a “stocking your pantry with $5 extra per week” video recently? Those are helpful, especially to her demographic.

6.     +1   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Just skimmed through the Easter video with MawMaw and PawPaw.
    Was there no table available to eat dinner? The adults ate on plates on their laps. Kids sat on the floor. Couldn’t they have borrowed a card table or something?
    I can clearly see why they’re all fat. The women all have the same fat face.

7.     +2   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    I don’t understand why so many are asking Brooke to write a cookbook. Her “recipes” are processed and uninventive. I watched her video on the normal meals she does for her family and I really didn’t see a difference.

8.     +5   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Not every person who has a cooking-related YT channel should write a cookbook. In fact, most of them shouldn't because they aren't even creating their own recipes. They're using recipes from others. Brooke cooks cheap foods that could help someone on a very tight budget, but most things she makes don't even require a recipe.

9.     Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    This Brooke person is a total fraud! She just put up a short with a tour of her pantry. She’s so asgdmed if it she can’t even show you how much food she has hoarded away.
    Gee, Brooke, maybe stay out of the Dollar Tree for a month doing vomit inducing “Make It To Pay Day” dinners and use the food you already have - in an over abundance.
    Nah, let’s run off to Al-Dee’s and buy crap to make kielbasa roll ups & fried rice.

Lemme say it again so you can make a short about bitchy people: Brooke, you are a fraud. You are T teaching people squat about saving money on groceries.

68 replies since 27/10/2023, 15:45   6624 views