Status
    Anonymous
    as requested

2.     +5   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Hoping the snark starts! I’m blocked on IG and refuse to watch videos. Couldn’t stand her rant about her kids not having cells phones because it’ll increase the radiation coming into her home. Ugh. I teach homeschooled HS students (formerly taught public HS). I certainly don’t know where she’s getting her “curriculum” 🙄

3.     +7   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    She thinks she is an expert in all (the kids don’t need a teacher, they have her! The kids don’t need qualified speech therapists, they have her!) and can’t handle the slightest criticism without clapping back

4.     +4   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair...

Status
    One of my issues with her is that some time ago she built a medical kit and had some things in there that you would need to have some training to use (because they can be deadly if used improperly, so it's playing with fire). I'm an EMT-I and have a comprehensive kit myself but there are some things even I won't do.

5.     +1   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    I think a bunch of homesteady/prepped people for sponsered by some weird stock up medical kit awhile back.

After I followed her on Instagram for a few days I quit watching her videos and unfollowed her there as well.

6.     +4   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Something with this woman is just off. Just weird vibes and false modesty I get from her.
    Sometimes when she talks about something you think yea that's right but the next time she talks about the same subject it's just like nope.

7.     +7   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Her lifestyle and her beliefs are very far from mine. I know this is a snark forum but I will say that I do like that she hasn’t gone the way of many YouTubers in that they haven’t crazily upgraded their life. I do think a bigger house would benefit them - especially when they are inside so much during the winter and they don’t have enough bedrooms but I like that she shows that a big fancy kitchen isn’t necessary. The food she makes doesn’t appeal to me but I do think she does a good job of making use of the food she preserves and not wasting anything.
    I like her summer challenge when she preserves something every day. I also like her pantry challenge because she doesn’t appear to cheat and overbuy beforehand.
    I watch her channel more out of curiosity and neither love it or hate it.

8.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Maybe she can do a scrub my baking dishes challenge? I know you don't get them perfectly clean anymore overtime but the state of some of hers is really bad. Especially when showing them online and using as serving dish aswell.

9.     +5   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    I don’t know if it’s due to filming on her phone, poor lighting or her need for allergy friendly foods…. But literally none of it looks good!

10.     Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (grilledcheesesandwiches @ 30/10/2023, 06:51) 
    I don’t know if it’s due to filming on her phone, poor lighting or her need for allergy friendly foods…. But literally none of it looks good!

I think it might be her phone. I think she’s commented on it before. I suspect even with a top of the line camera it would still look unappealing.
    It does seem out of place that Adam doesn’t take food from home to eat at work and instead buys a smoothie every day from a smoothie shop.

11.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status

I thought about that aswell. I don't think it is due to allergies. Some dishes she makes are 'normal' food. The same as you and I would make because they don't have anything in that has to be substituted for the allergies she is dealing with in her family. And they still look not very tastefull. Then I thought maybe it is the poor lighting in her kitchen but still the food she cooked outside and then eating outsida also still looked the same as the food cooked and served inside. Leaves only her phone.Maybe an older type? Tho my phone is a few years old and I get nice pictures and little video's. Even on the phone I had before I had good results and that phone went to my husband because for me the battery was running out to fast while I was out.

And when she films around the colours seem ok. Picking up that bright green in her kitchen, the orange walls in the hall or sitting room? Nice green grass outside, bright colors of other things around the house and in nature? So I don't know.

Also she and most of her children look kinda gray or bleak, I don't know what the best word is here. Her husband is about the only one looking really healthy. I never really saw how bleak they were untill I saw her husband in one of the video's and ever since I always compare them when he is in a video and it is there every time. First I thought it might have been a one off. They been poorly because obviously mam and kids are home together day in day out and pick things up from eachother while her husband spends quite some time out the house every day for his job. But it is like that in every video I have seen now and they can't all be poorly all the time.

12.     +2   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    Also she and most of her children look kinda gray or bleak, I don't know what the best word is here. Her husband is about the only one looking really healthy. I never really saw how bleak they were untill I saw her husband in one of the video's and ever since I always compare them when he is in a video and it is there every time. First I thought it might have been a one off. They been poorly because obviously mam and kids are home together day in day out and pick things up from eachother while her husband spends quite some time out the house every day for his job. But it is like that in every video I have seen now and they can't all be poorly all the time.

I agree. The kids all seem really skinny to me too.

13.     +2   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I don't think muffins and some bacon or muffins and some eggs for breakfast are near enough for a 16 and 14 yr old boy, IMO. After they all get their portion, doesn't seem there's really enough for seconds. For sure there is portion control going on. I'm not convinced a random 1/2 gallon pitcher of lemon juice is adequate vitamin C for all those kids, they don't drink it everyday. Doesn't look like she gives them any vitamins and I wonder if they get enough vitamin D and vitamin C with not consuming any dairy. I'm no expert or nutritionist though.

14.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Blabbermouth @ 30/10/2023, 13:48) 
    I don't think muffins and some bacon or muffins and some eggs for breakfast are near enough for a 16 and 14 yr old boy, IMO. After they all get their portion, doesn't seem there's really enough for seconds. For sure there is portion control going on. I'm not convinced a random 1/2 gallon pitcher of lemon juice is adequate vitamin C for all those kids, they don't drink it everyday. Doesn't look like she gives them any vitamins and I wonder if they get enough vitamin D and vitamin C with not consuming any dairy. I'm no expert or nutritionist though.

She mentions the lemonade as a boost. but sure she will have lost most or not all of the vitamine C lost if it has to be kept in the fridge for a week.
    Also one of the things she mentions is her cranberry juice. She uses the berries 2-3 times but sure after round 1 there is only some flavour left and not any goodies.
    You can be frugal but in this case frugal doesn't add any extra vitamins or other health boosts. And that is what she is so full off all the time, the goodies being saved or better in home preserved food compared to store bought.

15.     +6   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair...

Status
    My mom has Celiac, and gluten free foods do not brown like regular baked goods and stuff, so that might be part of it.

761 replies since 28/10/2023, 00:21   67819 views