ABirdAndTheBoylesSheRoasted,NextYearShe’llBeGhosted,EitherWayThey’reBothDoneLikeJen Pt. 432

« Older   Newer »

1.     +72   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    thanks to Aloner Like Jen for this thread title :thumbs-up:

giphy

2.     +21   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group
    At the runDisney finish line, waiting for Jen to tippy-tap by (Brooke finished ages ago)

Status
    Anonymous
    This title! That gif! Perfection :clapping-hands-above-head-smile

3.     +33   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Bet she wishes that sweet boy Donald still peeled the apples and bought her pretties. You did this to yourself, girl!

4.     +31   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    She is overdue for intensive in-treatment therapy - no question. Whatever she has been prescribed is not working.

5.     +36   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    QUOTE (User Name of Choice @ 26/11/2023, 00:47) 
    Bet she wishes that sweet boy Donald still peeled the apples and bought her pretties. You did this to yourself, girl!

She was talking about how independent she was, and I had to laugh, picturing her sitting with the cold packs on her legs, while her sweetest boy made her pancakes. She didn't lift a finger for him.

Of course she goes to bed early when the kids are with her, and stays up late when they are not. Yeah, because you make them go to bed at 7:30 so you don't have to deal with them. Maybe try letting them stay up later, do some baking or Christmas crafts, or get dressed up and go see the Nutcracker.

I can't imagine the juxtaposition between that cold, echoing house and their real parents' warm, lively home.

6.     +23   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    The emotional discussions or whatever that she mentioned her family doesn’t have…is there something stopping her from asking her parents if she can come over one day and have a heart to heart with them? No, there isn’t. If she had a real therapist, they could actually facilitate such a thing, or just help her navigate through it.

But even if she did, can you imagine how that would go? She needs them to hold space for her because of the atrocities of war and the chaos lottery and Peloton and processing and being a SINGLE MOM. She’s the world’s biggest word salad without actually saying ANYTHING.

What are Jill and Gravy supposed to say back? We’re holding you in our heart?

And the bottom line is, it is painfully obvious that she is inconvenienced by the children she clearly regrets having. She’ll claim all kinds of feelings around them because that’s what she thinks is socially appropriate (when in reality, every time any of us refers to our children on social media, we don’t go over the top with the adjectives and professions of love, because that is NOT how real people talk about their children every time they are mentioned) but Jill and Gravy can likely see right through her and Jill probably isn’t quiet about it, and that is why emotional conversations can’t happen, because they can’t be all about being gentle and tender with Jen, a 40 something who chose to blow up her own life, expecting that she’d be the one remarried by now and not all alone, and she is hella resentful that Don noped out and is living his best life without a care in the world.

7.     +31   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    Hey, Jin, since we know you read here, I have a tip. Time to sell the moldy flip that is RM2. Downsize — big time! Get rid of 85% of your crap and get a small place. Then, when you’re asked to hose Thanksgiving, you can decline since the space is too small for such entertaining. Problem solved.

8.     +45   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Shrimpgate just hit the 47 minute mark and is calling me every other minute and screaming into the phone. The last call was something like, "I had babies and I still hosted Thanksgiving! I've hosted Thanksgiving for over 30 years, why can't she??" 🤣

9.     +30   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Pshaw, for years I hosted Thanksgiving in a one-bedroom apartment. When there's a will, there's a way! There is no will and no way with Gene.

10.     +38   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    Just a Tensleigh blue shovel with ALLLLLLLL the vitriol.

Status
    Yeah, like what did she think all these mothers in the US do after having kids? LOTS of them make Thanksgiving dinner. I'm not sure where she got the idea that any of that stops just because you have kids?

I mean, my employer expected me to return to work after my maternity leave if I wanted a paycheck. And that's most days out of the year.

11.     +14   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    QUOTE (DishGate @ 26/11/2023, 01:15) 
    Shrimpgate just hit the 47 minute mark and is calling me every other minute and screaming into the phone. The last call was something like, "I had babies and I still hosted Thanksgiving! I've hosted Thanksgiving for over 30 years, why can't she??" 🤣

Can't wait to hear what she says once she's finished 🤣 it's just getting good for her. Everyone starts the vlog, and is like "this isn't bad, it's just Jen being Jen".... and then.... she really lets it fly.

I hope she's confident her family doesn't watch.

Question: speaking about her parents, getting older, what do we think is actually going to happen? Nursing home? Scott's? I can't see them living in St. Louis. Jen is so close, you would think the natural thing would be she would take her parents in because she can afford to have them and has the room, but we know better and I'm not sure Jill and Gravy would want to live with her. But it would be so delicious if they did. 😝

12.     +56   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group
    At the runDisney finish line, waiting for Jen to tippy-tap by (Brooke finished ages ago)

Status
    Anonymous
    I made a Thanksgiving timeline. She's been sparse with details, so "subject to change" and all that.
    SPOILER (click to view)
    FRAUGHTSGIVING: A Brief Post-Kids History

In September, Jen posts a Q&A where she says they'll be hosting Thanksgiving and it will be their biggest group yet #entry421061616

However, Don has back surgery the week before, so they don't host. Jen reacts to the stress of the holidays and Don's surgery by debuting a new channel, Pretty Neat Planner, uploading its first video the day before Thanksgiving (she abandons it ~8 months later, after getting knocked up again.)

Jen anticipates being back at it the following year and says in a Plan With Me (@12:00):
    We spent Thanksgiving at my mother-in-law's. She was so sweet to host for us. We were so bummed not to be able to host this year, we had totally planned to...I couldn't do it without [Don]. There's a lot I can do on my own, but that party is too much for me to do on my own, cuz he cooks half the food, I cook the other half and he helps me with the setup, with like moving the furniture and I can--I mean, I can't do that on my own, especially with babies, no.

Though it's not a real Thanksgiving because Suze only serves turkey chili. D+J spend the evening at a "game day party at K+S house", where Jen takes pictures with a woman who has a baby about the same age as Charlotte.
    Jill and Gravy host a separate dinner for the Boyles on Saturday.

Pregnant with DKRIV. Posts a Q&A in early November (seven months before her milk meltdown) saying turkey doesn't agree with her and that offends her gourmand mother (@12:11).

For Thanksgiving, Jen uploads that vlog from their Disney baby moon (btw this is the trip they went to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party.)
    giphy
    PK is with the Rosses to celebrate, posting a pic with Grace and Theo (anybody recognize where they are? #entry428880448) Jen posts a story from not RM1. So a Ross hosted, I'm assuming #entry428871915

Jen is plant based now.
    She hosts a fall party in October - EVERYONE brings a meat dish :muffin_emoticon_pack_by_rezzle: :hearty-laugh: "Vlog | Family Fall Gathering Party Prep (Fail?)" @7:40
    In this video she says they haven't determined who will host Thanksgiving and that she would like to--however, she will not roast a turkey; either Don will smoke two or Suze will cook one (an offer Suze has been making for years). Jen also says, "Our Thanksgiving is a potluck affair."

Emily ends up hosting. Jen takes pies and a veggie platter #entry436071405

She'll later say that she and Don were supposed to go to STL for Thanksgiving, but it didn't work out.
    6399854A-A02C-4F06-A19C-088AB5124036

Separated. Don's tinder profile leaks in early November.

Mid-month, Jen rewrites history, saying she chose to step back from hosting after having Charlotte ("Q&A | Making Friends Update, Collecting Things, & Seeing Ghosts | Fall 2019" @5:00)
    I don't think we've ever travelled for Thanksgiving in the history of, you know, graduating from college and being a family, always been in the Chicago area for Thanksgiving. And I hosted for a solid decade, as soon as we moved into this house. We lived in this house for 12 years and I had the space, I started hosting and I hosted 10 Thanksgivings. And they were wonderful and so much fun, a lot of work, but really worth it and they were huge kind of affairs and great things, that--I mean, I really enjoyed doing and I have lots of content about. But if you go back to my old videos about planning for them and all that went into them, but then after I had CC decided to take a little break, because I couldn't, I just didn't really want to put on something that extravagant. And I wanted a little break from hosting for a while, because I felt like, okay, I did a decade, somebody else can host for a minute and then things just kind of evolved, that we've been just handling Thanksgiving in a different way since I stopped hosting. The family's kind of been doing it a little bit more separately...

The Bakery is shocked when D+J travel to St. Louis/Jen's brother's for Thanksgiving #entry441760270
    png

Jen seems to spend the day alone, though she might have gone to her parents' for dinner.

Scott hosts in St. Louis, again #entry454340842
    Screenshot__589_

Jen hosts her brother's family for Thanksgiving #entry459587272
    Dinner is presumably at their parents' since Jen doesn't martyr herself over meeting others' needs.

A couple weeks before Thanksgiving, she rambles about hosting on IG stories: "I no longer host such extravagant Thanksgivings. I still host quite a bit. Like, more years than not, I would say I host, but it's much more casual and I can actually enjoy some of it." The long memory of the Bakery would disagree, but ok Jen. (I have these saved, I'll upload them eventually.)

Jen hosts Thanksgiving dinner, presumably for the first time since 2015. Her niece and niece's dog stay with her. Her brother stays elsewhere.

ETA a link to the transcript of her Thanksgiving Eve meltdown

giphy

13.     +20   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group
    Did you hear my covert narcissism I disguise as altruism?

Status
    Anonymous
    I came across this when reading on how to plan a exit strategy when you're partner is a covert narcissist --and I felt called to share. I wonder if Don had to plan his exit in advance...

"No matter how right you are and feel, there is a good probability you are going to lose.

So cut your losses, identify their covert narcissism, come up with an exit plan, initiate it or execute it quietly, without a lot of confrontation, and be prepared for a passive-aggressive battle that makes them look like the victim, and you the perpetrator, and get out of the relationship.
    Do not argue with them, do not go on a public forum, and do not try to prove your point. Because to do so is like wrestling with a pig and hoping you will not get dirty. It’s like George Bernard Shaw said, — “I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it”."

https://medium.com/@Ross-Rosenberg/when-yo...ly-520656d4747f

Now the Boyles need to plan their own exit strategy so Gene doesn't have to lift a finger next Thanksgiving.

14.     +49   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    Jen wants Thanksgiving cancelled for all of America! :hearty-laugh:

15.     +21   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    He definitely cut his losses.

889 replies since 26/11/2023, 00:36   93150 views