Charlotte Grove Farmhouse

« Older   Newer »

1.     +2   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Pink Passion @ 7/4/2024, 22:26) 
    I watched today's (Sunday, April 7th) video and I just have to say ~~ Tiffany's face without makeup could stop traffic! Yikes. And she needs to lose some serious weight as she waddles like a very overweight duck. It is no wonder that she has so many health issues.

This comment was a bit harsh…

2. Pink Passion

User deleted

QUOTE (JustHeretoLaugh @ 4/12/2024, 03:15 AM) 
    QUOTE (Pink Passion @ 7/4/2024, 22:26) 
    I watched today's (Sunday, April 7th) video and I just have to say ~~ Tiffany's face without makeup could stop traffic! Yikes. And she needs to lose some serious weight as she waddles like a very overweight duck. It is no wonder that she has so many health issues.

This comment was a bit harsh…

LMFAO!!

3. Pink Passion
        +1   Like  

User deleted

I ended up jumping to the end of this week's Sunday Reset video. Too much time was centered around "styling" the peg rail shelf and the tiny tier tray. And listening to her groan and complain about having to wipe down the fronts of the kitchen cabinets and how she hates having to clean the inside of her oven was just too much for me to handle today. Plus how every single decor project is something that she is either "loving how it turned out" or "I am obsessed with it" ~~ well, aren't we all just thrilled for you!! I would also be curious to know whether or not she comes on here and reads the comments that are being left. In one of her previous decorating type videos someone left a comment about how farmhouse is really no longer as popular as it once was. Since that video she has since started referring to her decor style as "cottage." Now personally I don't care one way or another how she (or anyone else) decorates their home. Trends come and trends go, so you really just need to go with what makes you happy since you have to live there. But I just found it ironic that she went from "farmhouse" to "cottage" after the comments were left. Maybe just a mere coincidence.

4.     +2   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    I noticed the cottage thing too. Her home is still very much farmhouse and I think it's a good fit for her. She loves her home and is proud of it. Don't change the name because the trend is going a different way. If anything, stop mentionning the farmhouse part.

I personnally like her home. I enjoy open spaces and she has great natural light.

5.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I like her house too for the most part. I really like her kitchen and laundry room. I’m not crazy about the tiny fake beams and I hate the peg things that she and others love. They just collect cheap junk.
    She has a lot of nice pieces she’s collected from her antique shopping. She should quit with the kitschy cheesy decor although I know she likes it.
    I hate the fake wreaths that so many have just hanging in random places around their houses.
    I think she could use a bit of color in her house. It’s looking very neutral but in a boring way. Nothing really stands out as a statement piece because there’s so many tiny tchotchkes everywhere.
    I’m over the Sunday resets also. Not just hers but all of them.
    They don’t motivate me.
    I like her but I don’t watch many of the videos anymore.

6. Pink Passion
        +1   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (Miss Pie @ 4/30/2024, 12:37 AM) 
    I like her house too for the most part. I really like her kitchen and laundry room. I’m not crazy about the tiny fake beams and I hate this peg things that she and others love. They just collect cheap junk.
    She has a lot of nice pieces she’s collected from her antique shopping. She should quit with the kitschy cheesy decor although I know she likes it.
    I hate the fake wreaths that so many have just hanging in random places around their houses.
    I think she could use a bit of color in her house. It’s looking very neutral but in a boring way. Nothing really stands out as a statement piece because there’s so much tiny tchotchkes everywhere.
    They don’t motivate me.

I think that everyone's home should reflect their own unique personality and speak to what they love and what brings them happiness. Just because someone doesn't like it ~~ while certainly entitled to their personal opinion, in all fairness, they do not have to live there. And trends come and go so quickly and not every current trend speaks to your personality or to your lifestyle. So it has always been my opinion to decorate in the way that brings you joy. Haters be damned!! I am quite certain that anyone coming into my apartment would find plenty of things that they do not personally like and I am totally fine with that. I decorate to please myself and not for anyone else's benefit.

Like you, I too am over so many of the YouTube channels that I used to enjoy. They have become so cookie cutter and lacking or originality. There is honestly only so many times that I can watch anyone do a load of laundry, wash their dishes, make their bed, or vacuum | mop their floors. I have my own household chores to do and watching someone do theirs doesn't provide me any sort of actual motivation. I understand that channels get put into certain niche categories, but I truly wish that at least occasionally they would step out of the box and do something completely different and unexpected. Even decorating spaces based upon inspiration obtained from Pinterest or Instagram is not original or unique ~~ it is merely copying someone else's ideas.

Personally I have a couple of different peg rail type shelves in my apartment and I like them. But I personally feel like some people get carried away with them and over decorate them. This recent video of Tiffany's was case in point. The peg decor was overcrowded and messy looking (again, just my opinion) and not visually appealing to the eye. These can often fall into the whole "less is more" thought process. But as I said at the beginning, to each their own. I don't have to live there which means that I do not have to look at it daily or even like it.

I think that I need to focus my attention on finding some new YouTube channels to watch although I am not convinced that I will end up enjoying those any more than those which I already watch. Maybe it is time to find other ways in which to pass my time and to entertain myself that is more enjoyable and more beneficial.

7.     Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Pink Passion @ 30/4/2024, 00:52) 
    QUOTE (Miss Pie @ 4/30/2024, 12:37 AM) 
    I like her house too for the most part. I really like her kitchen and laundry room. I’m not crazy about the tiny fake beams and I hate this peg things that she and others love. They just collect cheap junk.
    I think she could use a bit of color in her house. It’s looking very neutral but in a boring way. Nothing really stands out as a statement piece because there’s so much tiny tchotchkes everywhere.
    They don’t motivate me.

I think that everyone's home should reflect their own unique personality and speak to what they love and what brings them happiness. Just because someone doesn't like it ~~ while certainly entitled to their personal opinion, in all fairness, they do not have to live there. And trends come and go so quickly and not every current trend speaks to your personality or to your lifestyle. So it has always been my opinion to decorate in the way that brings you joy. Haters be damned!! I am quite certain that anyone coming into my apartment would find plenty of things that they do not personally like and I am totally fine with that. I decorate to please myself and not for anyone else's benefit.

Like you, I too am over so many of the YouTube channels that I used to enjoy. They have become so cookie cutter and lacking or originality. There is honestly only so many times that I can watch anyone do a load of laundry, wash their dishes, make their bed, or vacuum | mop their floors. I have my own household chores to do and watching someone do theirs doesn't provide me any sort of actual motivation. I understand that channels get put into certain niche categories, but I truly wish that at least occasionally they would step out of the box and do something completely different and unexpected. Even decorating spaces based upon inspiration obtained from Pinterest or Instagram is not original or unique ~~ it is merely copying someone else's ideas.

Personally I have a couple of different peg rail type shelves in my apartment and I like them. But I personally feel like some people get carried away with them and over decorate them. This recent video of Tiffany's was case in point. The peg decor was overcrowded and messy looking (again, just my opinion) and not visually appealing to the eye. These can often fall into the whole "less is more" thought process. But as I said at the beginning, to each their own. I don't have to live there which means that I do not have to look at it daily or even like it.

I think that I need to focus my attention on finding some new YouTube channels to watch although I am not convinced that I will end up enjoying those any more than those which I already watch. Maybe it is time to find other ways in which to pass my time and to entertain myself that is more enjoyable and more beneficial.

I agree with everything you said. I know my house is definitely not for everyone. We live in the southwest and are horse owners. We live on a horse property in the desert. My house is adobe style and eclectic with warmer colors and equestrian and Native American art.
    I haven’t been able to find a channel I like with our home decor style.
    I can definitely appreciate other styles and I like many other styles. I’m over the farmhouse look though unless it’s an actual farmhouse.
    I’m constantly looking for new channels to watch.
    One of my favorites was a smaller channel and I enjoyed her channel for years. She has great taste and has decorated their new home beautifully. However, she got into gardening last year and again this year. All of her content is now gardening. I don’t like to garden and we couldn’t have a lush flowery yard where we live. So although I used to enjoy her channel, I no longer watch.
    Tiffany is thrilled with her home and decor and that’s great. Although I don’t have interest in the cottage style I do enjoy her antique shop hauls and her cooking videos. She’s a good cook.

8. Pink Passion

User deleted

I know on a number of occasions Tiffany has mentioned her desire to become a full-time content creator. Well, it is my opinion that if she is intending her income on YouTube to surpass her income as a school counselor, she is going to need to come up with some more original content. Currently there is too much rinse and repeat which has quickly become boring. There is only so many times I am going to sit and watch someone do the same things in every weekly video. And the things that she tries that are different (like she had started this 52 week organization challenge and then some spring cleaning type videos) and provide at least a little bit of freshness, she just up and stops without reason or explanation to her viewers. And the recent garage cleaning video that she posted left me disappointed as I felt it was done half ass and ended up not looking much different from when they started. It still looked way overcrowded and disorganized. Just all my opinion and I respect that others may feel very different.

82 replies since 5/1/2024, 03:27   10551 views