My Great Challenge

« Older   Newer »

1.     +2   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (KittyOfLeisure @ 3/29/2024, 09:51 PM) 
    QUOTE (Chalky @ 3/29/2024, 06:34 AM) 
    I guess your choices with Sophia are either seeing unappetizing meals on IG or hideous Etsy store finds. Today I guess is a thrifting video showcasing Sophia clattering around thrift stores knocking things around or caressing dirty thrift store stuff.

Her meals are too much work to do for every meal. Sometimes you're too tired to eat and just grab a yogurt or a piece of cheese and get on with your life. Or just a simple vegetable, some protein, and french fries.

Not kiwi with drizzled fermented kombucha rice vinegar gooseberry-infused marmalade drizzled over cryotank zero-calorie, gluten-free rice.

She wouldn't have any content if she just snapped a picture of a piece of cheese for her instagram. I like the reference to the cryotank taking all the calories out of rice. Sounds kookie enough for Sophia to believe.

2.     Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    In the Powder Room Sharing with Wonder 🙌🌎🦋🏆

Status
    Anonymous
    https://youtu.be/Y88IaPuCWvM?si=W1moJbXpTcjjaVl6

Today's video from a style commentator called Nick. Taking a swipe at everyone's style including Gen X. Cameo feature of the huge honey oak cabinet
    (RIP) that Sophia loved. Starts at 7 min mark. She's more of a Boomer in general taste though.

3.     +4   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Nefarious DisneyPrincess @ 3/31/2024, 08:05 PM) 

Today's video from a style commentator called Nick. Taking a swipe at everyone's style including Gen X. Cameo feature of the huge honey oak cabinet
    (RIP) that Sophia loved. Starts at 7 min mark. She's more of a Boomer in general taste though.

OMG, a boomer? Not at all/pas de tout! I'm a boomer and my taste is not like hers at all. Ageism doesn't explain the fact that people can have bad taste at any age. I really don't think Sophia age informs her general battiness or love of the hideous and the fugly.

She be gauche.

4.     +3   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Isn't Sophia Gen X? Scott too. She and Scott act older than boomers even. Bad taste is timeless.

5.     +1   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Yep she's Gen X. Who rarely get mentioned in these sort of things. She's more boomer or I agree with even pre WW2 in her tastes though. Scavenger Shabby not chic.

6.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Nefarious DisneyPrincess @ 1/4/2024, 02:05) 

I can't stand that guy. I cringe when he shows up on my feed.

I also don't care for Sofia's style.👎

7.     +2   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    LOL Scavenger Shabby. It's hysterical that he showed that same entertainment center in his video...guess it was popular.

It's so weird that her Patreon peeps are so interested in Sophia's family history...as per today's calendar posted on Patreon and she posts Scott's birthday and he turns 57 and Edwards and he turns 22 in April. I guess she wants the peeps to send gift certificates to them for their birthdays.

8.     +4   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Chalky @ 4/1/2024, 11:14 AM) 
    LOL Scavenger Shabby. It's hysterical that he showed that same entertainment center in his video...guess it was popular.

It's so weird that her Patreon peeps are so interested in Sophia's family history...as per today's calendar posted on Patreon and she posts Scott's birthday and he turns 57 and Edwards and he turns 22 in April. I guess she wants the peeps to send gift certificates to them for their birthdays.

I haven't watched this video and I don't know who this guy is. I'll check it out later. But if he's claiming that boomers like that cabinet she has or had if it was the three-piece one that was in her living room, well, I don't know about that. I was alive when that cabinet was mainstream but it was my mother (silent generation) who purchased one. I never liked oak furniture and even less, oak stained to look like pecan.

If I have to pick items of Sophia's I do like and have similar pieces to either now or in the past, I'd choose the small Henkel-Harris chest she has in her living room (she found it on the street yurrrs ago and it has a big damaged area on the top), her newly-acquired china chest that has so many dishes in it, and the Federal-style round convex mirror with the 13 balls around the edge to represent the 13 original states. I don't think there's another thing in her whole house that I like.

She's dragged out the family history for longer than a season of Married at First Sight.

9.     +5   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I took a quick look at the comments under that guy's video. The boomers are all saying his take on what we supposedly like is WAY off.Nothing worse than younger generations thinking they know what was going on with earlier generations in detail. I don't do that. I felt like I knew only a very few things about the fifties (1950s) and the first half of the 60s. Because I wasn't aware of that time much. While Millennials seem to think they have boomers all figured out. Pffft. But I still haven't watched his video. Someday...

10.     +2   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    I think the video was just done for entertainment and views so whatever he says is just taken with a grain of salt and to be honest, I cannot even remember what he said lol...I just thought it was funny that he showed Sophia's old entertainment center - must have been overly mass produced.

I guess Sophia and Scott are Generation X. I am the tail end of the Baby Boomers.

I'm not entirely sure how he classified the furniture into each generation because people's taste and wealth change over time and most likely so does their style and furniture.

11.     Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    Today is a baking video...basically fluffy filler I guess. I guess the next project is the sewing machine platform...I'm sure it will be another sloppy job.

Curious as to whether they are still "enjoying" their eat in kitchen....I guess she still uses it at least for breakfast. Easy to do when it's just one person.

12.     +4   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Chalky @ 4/2/2024, 08:41 AM) 
    I think the video was just done for entertainment and views so whatever he says is just taken with a grain of salt and to be honest, I cannot even remember what he said lol...I just thought it was funny that he showed Sophia's old entertainment center - must have been overly mass produced.

I guess Sophia and Scott are Generation X. I am the tail end of the Baby Boomers.

I'm not entirely sure how he classified the furniture into each generation because people's taste and wealth change over time and most likely so does their style and furniture.

I'm closer to the end of Baby Boomer generation (1956), too. Well, I was close to the youngest before the boomer generation was enlarged to include 1958-1964. When I was a kid I swear it was capped at 1957 being the youngest. My brother is almost at the beginning - 1947. He's almost old enough to be president. :-P

I have to make myself watch that video. It sounds like he's generalizing way too much. It doesn't make sense. My age-based cohort/peers didn't all have the same taste at any stage in life. Well, I guess we came close at traditional college-age (17-22) because we all had milk crates, jade plants with a macrame holder, and "Hang in their baby, Friday's coming" posters because that's all we could afford.

13.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Chalky @ 4/2/2024, 04:13 PM) 
    Today is a baking video...basically fluffy filler I guess. I guess the next project is the sewing machine platform...I'm sure it will be another sloppy job.

Curious as to whether they are still "enjoying" their eat in kitchen....I guess she still uses it at least for breakfast. Easy to do when it's just one person.

I noticed she did nothing with the tv cords. Still hanging in front of the window.
    She never fully completes a project.

14.     Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Spork Meltdown @ 2/4/2024, 22:34) 
    QUOTE (Chalky @ 4/2/2024, 04:13 PM) 

I noticed she did nothing with the tv cords. Still hanging in front of the window.
    She never fully completes a project.

lol that’s her specialty.

15.     +1   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    That video was just a bit of fun because it showed the ubiquitous massive entertainment centre and he was making lighthearted fun of each generations style. Nothing more than that. Helps if you don't take things too seriously.

464 replies since 25/1/2024, 20:16   20847 views