That Canadian Mom

« Older   Newer »

1.     +5   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Even she is gross. Her hair looks like a giant grease ball!!

2.     +3   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    It's so upsetting to see children living in these conditions, it's not just messy or untidy, it's filth and grime! Every surface, piece of furniture, the floor are all covered in filth, that is not satisfactory living conditions for those children, professionals need to intervene here and the sooner the better!
    I'm amazed at these youtube mom's sharing their shit show lives for everyone to see!

3.     +3   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Lighthouse @ 3/3/2024, 04:28) 
    Tiny Tidy Tues, Nov. 15 ....over due fridge clean out. She claims it was a two week over due. No way! That took weeks and weeks, months to happen. Not for the faint of heart. It's BAAAD!!!!

It was a 2 weeks overdue? 2 weeks on top of how long before that?
    I clean my fridge quite regular. Sometimes a bit on a lazier way then other times but even if I ignore it a full 2 weeks then it is still what others would consider as clean enough.
    We are a family of 4, I give her that but even if we had more it could not get that bad unless I would leave it for months.
    I clean my fridge sort of every week. Quick wipe of the shelves and drawers and the inside. Big spills are cleaned up immediatly.
    When I get something out the veg drawer I normally notice if other things are near the end of their use.
    Leftovers are eighter eaten the next day for lunch by my husband or depending on how long they last will be used in another meal or for the boys when I make something they or 1 of them doesn't really like that much.

I have to admit I have 2 fridges. A tower fridge/freezer combination. I never had enough freezer space so we got an american style fridge/freezer aswell (bought on a claerance sale for less then half the price). The american style is my 'working' fridge. What is in there is for immediate use. The fridge of the tower is storage or spares. Everybody knows not to get things out there unless there is none of it in the "working" fridge.
    This works great for us and the way I shop with deals going on.

And weekly clean includes both fridges.
    The freezers get sorted and wiped once a month and 3-4 times a year I will take shelves and drawers out and wash them in the sink. For the fridge that is a monthly thing. It doesn't cost me much time since I keep on top with cleaning spills and wiping out every week.

4.     +5   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Nothing in that house has gotten that way because she has been depressed for a few weeks, nothing has been cleaned for months if not longer, it's just so sad that children have to live that way, the baby just walking through all the filth is so sad and the older kids just climbing over all of the rubbish like it's the most normal thing in the world, I hope her putting this on youtube means that professionals will become involved, and the sooner the better

5.     +5   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Lilylily11 It seems there is a newer trend on you tube about sharing all your 'sheet' to the world and I guess they think it's therapeutic to share to the world. That somehow they are 'healing' by admitting it. It used to be people had boundaries and kept somethings to them selves. I still stand for good old fashion values of presenting your home and family in a favorable sight. You don't have to show all the 'Ick' to the world.

She seems to be aware that her home is gross BUT she really hasn't a clue how to have organization and order and discipline for the children. I would guess by the conditions that their home schooling is VERY sub standard and VERY lacking. She's a nursing mom that lets her daughter use her as a pacifier. Nursing IS imp. when done well and you have boundaries. I know I have and I had boundaries. I was NOT a pacifier.

She's lost in her filth and grime and clutter. I DO feel bad for her. She isn't mean or bad but lost. She seems to have faith but really doesn't understand that her kids like in a very unhealthy enviroment. If the surfaces in that house are that unclean than the air is also. That can't be good for her lil daughter's condition. Maybe Mom of 8 Kids and her should get together. They'd be comfy in each other homes. :very-sad-smiley-emoticon:

6.     +4   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Lighthouse She definitely needs outside help, I really hope she gets it, those kids deserve so much more than that.
    And you're right that dirt can't be good for the sick daughter

7.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    She sure needs help. But and I don't say this in a mean way good part of that help should be in educating her aswell. Effects on health, both physical and mental, building in routines for her and the kids, prioritizing and making a good schedule that works for her.
    Sending in a cleaning team telling her what and how to clean is not going to work for her. She's to far down for that.

8.     +4   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Check out the very beginning of this video. "Tiny Tidy Tuesday!! Finally fixed the oven". She said it only looks that bad on the camera. In real life it isn't that bad!!! Like what??????? The cabinets are so disgusting and look at the floors. Nothing has been cleaned in years. I can't imagine living like that! Usually if it's bad on film it's 20 times worse in person. She is totally delusional if she thinks it isn't that bad!!

9.     +3   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    It's wild to me what some of these youtube mom's deem appropriate living conditions for their children 🤷‍♀️

10.     +6   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Oh dear god! I’m watching the dining room declutter and I can’t get past her hair. The grease and white flakes are so distracting. She needs to get in the shower and scrub herself down. Shame on her husband for letting it get to that state without intervening.

11.     +5   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    One of my best friends suffered horrific pp depression a few years ago, she went to a really dark place, she didn't take care of herself or the house, her husband tried so hard to pick up the slack but it became too much and after seeking medical help, he reached out to us, myself and our friends went to the house and spent the day cleaning and tidying, it did take us all day and the house looked just as it had before she gave birth, beautiful!
    It was NOTHING like this woman's house, there wasn't trash everywhere or dirt and grime, it was just behind on the upkeep that we all get done as second nature I suppose.
    My point is, this woman is claiming that her depression has led to this situation, I'm not doubting or belittling her mental health, but this is not just depression, her husband is as much to blame as she is. You can't blame the children because if she's honest, this is probably all her children have ever known, it's beyond sad

12.     +6   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    I agree....the depression did not cause the state of her home. It just magnified it. It took YEARS for this kind of grime to develope. She's caught in a web and can't get out. The little bit of cleaning she does helps a bit but it still looks grimy. She's not a bad person but her followers are those that pat her on the back for a minor clean up and never address the whole pic of "how did it get this bad!" She needs a TOTAL reset. I couldn't imagine cleaning up a section of this home while the rest is a garbage dump. But it gets bad in a week again. She keeps claiming she took a week or two off but who's house gets TRASHED!??? The hubby is probably just like her and hasn't a clue how bad they live. Again I don't see her as a bad, mean, manipulator like other channels but she is in deep trouble.

13.     +4   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I watched a bit of her videos. I really think she has a desire to do better, and she obviously loves her children, which is different from a lot of these moms. She said something about ADHD and depression. I can actually really see that this is an issue for her.

It's really bad though. She really really needs help, maybe from a professional organizer.

I will give her props that her kids looked happy, well fed and healthy which is more than I can say for a lot of these crazy YouTube moms.

14.     +4   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I think if she had outside help, just to understand why her life is the way it is, she thinks it's just depression, but it's more than that and her husband has responsibility here too, it's not just her home, a lot of what they have needs to be thrown out, she said her husband wouldn't let her throw away the big piece of furniture with all the crap on it, it's like an episode of hoarders

15.     +5   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    You know, the more I think about it, her husband needs help too. He needs to understand and taught in how he can help and support his wife. And some follow up help to check in and help them stay on track for a good while after a serious deep clean happened in that house.
    The kids can be involved aswell. Not on a full workload of cleaning but little things like putting their dirty clothes in a basket. The older ones could even get it as towels in the towels and bedding, colored washing (if they sort that) and just put a full basket in the washer and turn it on. Move a load of washing from the washer to the dryer. That are little things that wont take up lots of their time.
    Get in the habbit to put dishes in the sink or dishwasher if they have one. In case they have a dishwasher turn it on when full.
    Use a bin.

My boys just threw things on the floor when they were young. I always was like we have a bin and let them pick up what they dropped and went to the bin with them. My oldest (later on diagnosed with autism) didn't seem to impressed. So I bought a very bright colored bin and some big googly eyes for the lid. Finished that with marker into a dog face and after a day or 2 they got the habbit of using the bin. I even had to check they didn't throw their toys in there because they liked using the bin now.
    That bin is long gone but they still remember it.

152 replies since 1/3/2024, 20:28   5216 views