That Canadian Mom

« Older   Newer »

1.     +5   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I agree with both of you. The husband has a part to play here as well.

2.     +6   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group

Status
    I haven't seen a husband yet but I haven't watched hardly. Where the hell is he? She has postpartum depression obviously so where the hell is this guy? He needs to get in there and start doing something.

3.     +4   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I'm checking her out now. I can't imagine worse than Merina.

4.     +3   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Maybe this chick needs to set the camera down and actually do some work.

She is like Merina. Spends so much time talking to the camera. Where is her family? She needs people to help her get it straight and then keep it that way.

5. WittyWife
        +4   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (Lilylily11 @ 3/3/2024, 13:16) 
    It's so upsetting to see children living in these conditions, it's not just messy or untidy, it's filth and grime! Every surface, piece of furniture, the floor are all covered in filth, that is not satisfactory living conditions for those children, professionals need to intervene here and the sooner the better!
    I'm amazed at these youtube mom's sharing their shit show lives for everyone to see!

Maybe subconsciously that’s what she’s hoping for. Putting it all out there, maybe there are professional cleaners & organizers and a therapist who will reach out.

6.     +4   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Mysterygal @ 3/3/2024, 11:44 AM) 
    I haven't seen a husband yet but I haven't watched hardly. Where the hell is he? She has postpartum depression obviously so where the hell is this guy? He needs to get in there and start doing something.

She has a husband, in one video he was doing dishes. So in one video she said he got laid off and then in another video she said he is a super hard worker and works 50 - 60 hrs a week. So I'm not sure if he's at home right now or if he's back to work. She is so greasy looking and you can't blame this on depression. There is something else going on, maybe just pure lazyness idk but so gross.

Also, I wonder if they are in low income housing? I am guessing they are therefore they don't give a shit about that place.

She did replace the kitchen faucet because she said she was not waiting for them anymore and then she said "they" (housing authority or landlord) did replace the counter top. So it is safe to say they don't own their home.

7.     +5   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Mysterygal @ 3/3/2024, 17:44) 

She said he works 10 hour days. I mean, so do I, but my house is clean.

8.     +5   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group

Status
    Practically everybody works 10-hour days lol. And they still managed to clean their house.

9.     +3   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    It doesn't matter how long he works, 2 seconds In that house is all you'd need to know that it is way out of control, she's never going to be able to fix this on her own, they need help from the Canadian equivalent to cps, and I don't mean that I think they should have their kids taken away, but she needs help, serious help

10.     +4   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Is she a stay at home mom though? There is absolutely no excuse if so.

I work full time, but in the home. My DH works a very labor intensive job and usually w/ travel 10-12 hrs per day. I do all of the inside cleaning. He will do the maintenance inside and he usually will do the cooking. But he handles all of the exterior w/ the exception of the front porch and windows. It works for us. Both inside and outside are clean and well maintained.

11.     +6   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Everything seems to be because of two weeks. Why always two weeks? Is that the only unit of time she knows? Even getting a floor cleaner will happen in about 2 weeks.
    She hadn’t been to the dentist in 10 years. Have the kids been to the dentist?
    She has a child with CF? That’s worrying that she has a child living in that filth, sleeping on nasty pillows with a delicate respiratory system.
    I have a history of depression and I know it affects people in different ways but I just can’t give her a pass for that. When you have kids you have to just get stuff done and/or enlist help. Kids can pick up their belongings but they need to have places to put things. Older kids can help with laundry.
    Supervised kids can be reminded to clean one mess away before starting another game/project.

12.     +2   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (scottishgranny @ 3/3/2024, 07:38) 
    Just watched for a few minutes but sorry I just can't watch this. I have had severe depression for years and on strong medication, but I have never let my house be in that state. Nowhere, nowhere near. I like clean surroundings and even if it takes my last ounce of energy and willpower I hoover, clean and tidy, and make one good meal a day. She should delegate tasks to the children, and they can all tidy past their toys for a start, whatever their age.

I am dumbfounded why those types of dysfunctional people think 'Oh let's start a You Tube channel'. I would be SO ashamed .

13.     +7   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    I don’t know when we normalized neglectful parenting and generally being a lazy slob as ok because “I’m depressed”.
    First of all, don’t have so many kids if you’re not able to take care of them. Second of all, what a crap parent you are. When you really care about your kids, you do whatever it takes to give them a clean, safe environment. That includes sucking it up,because you aren’t having a good day. And before anyone comes for me, I’ve very tough shit to go through since I’ve become a mother, and I can’t say that I’ve always been in a good place, mentally. People like this woman are inexcusable, in my opinion.

14.     +5   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I want to add to that, her kids were not brought up with having to do things. My kids have to keep their room tidy, drop their clothes in the basket rather then just throw them where they take them off. Those kids need to be tought the basic things, yes even the teenager. Those kids don't know the basics. They need to learn along side their parents and not just get a load of chores from having none at all.

15.     +4   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Veganlikejen @ 3/3/2024, 20:56) 
    I don’t know when we normalized neglectful parenting and generally being a lazy slob as ok because “I’m depressed”.
    First of all, don’t have so many kids if you’re not able to take care of them. Second of all, what a crap parent you are. When you really care about your kids, you do whatever it takes to give them a clean, safe environment. That includes sucking it up,because you aren’t having a good day. And before anyone comes for me, I’ve very tough shit to go through since I’ve become a mother, and I can’t say that I’ve always been in a good place, mentally. People like this woman are inexcusable, in my opinion.

Exactly. We have a large family and it was up to me as a sahm to organize and care for those kids. I too have had tough, very tough issues in our family to deal with. But I pushed through with my faith and hard work. Plus I couldn't live in a dump. It would drive me crazy. But I have had some lean years of distress and thru it all out kids had a clean organized home. My kids had weekly chores as they grew older. But of course I had my own chores as a mom. So I don't give her a pass. Maybe she grew up this way and knows nothing diff. She says her home is bad but 'kind of' cleans up but doesn't do a thorough job.

Window21 I wondered also if they owned or rented. I also think they are in gov housing. Well, they have trashed that house as well as Mom of 8 Kids. I

152 replies since 1/3/2024, 20:28   5224 views