« Older   Newer »

1.     +9   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    Carry on. And please continue to be nice to each other.

2.     +2   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    Thank you ♥️

[QUOTE] (Gossipfinder @ 2/4/2024, 02:24)
    Probably another failed biz venture....

She posted only once on Instagram. I've noticed she half-asses her business launches. She was all about the diffuser line and then barely even mentioned she closing it until people asked her. Which I thoight was incredibly rude to people who bought from her. Jewelery fizzled out. He decor kitchen line, ghosted. I think she knows the money is In Amazon affiliate links which is why almost every single videos links back to an Amazon product. Rememeber an afficliate link not only gets you commission on that ine products but commission on all items in their cart!!! (IMG:https://i.ibb.co/tK6HGdX/Screenshot-202404...3-Instagram.jpg)[\quote]

So the jewelry was also ran by Ryan though. That was the first business they started together. So if he quit his job to step in to the managing roll of both of those brands - what happened?

She does still promote the house line pretty consistently (as recently as her last video or 2) and products are still available on Amazon

But I am curious about the jewelry as the site is still up.

Edited by Pipster - 4/2/2024, 02:39 AM

3.     +5   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    Her "jewelry line".

Screenshot-20240401-203736-Chrome

Screenshot-20240401-203701-Chrome

4.     +3   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    What?? Is that the same as what she was selling for 95.00????

5.     +2   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status

😮😮😮 where is that??

THEIR jewelry line that Ryan worked so hard for though, remember! 😉

QUOTE (Window21 @ 2/4/2024, 02:40) 
    What?? Is that the same as what she was selling for 95.00????

And they are still priced as such on the website

www.emberandivy.com/

6.     +3   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Her jewelry line was something that I actually liked lol

Businesses fail all the time. What happened to her oil diffuser line? Probably they learned from their mistakes and the home line is doing much better. Many people have failures in business, they learn and eventually they get it right and finally a business will take off. It's no surprise to me that a couple failed and another is a success.

7.     +2   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    Ryan said he did the work of finding the product, manufacturers and making connections in the industry and left his job to lead their e-commerce business. So if it failed - where did it fail?

QUOTE (Window21 @ 2/4/2024, 02:44) 
    Her jewelry line was something that I actually liked lol

Businesses fail all the time. What happened to her oil diffuser line? Probably they learned from their mistakes and the home line is doing much better. Many people have failures in business, they learn and eventually they get it right and finally a business will take off. It's no surprise to me that a couple failed and another is a success.

Definitely. From what I recall Covid was a big factor with the oils as prices changed and also getting the product was hard. For many businesses!

I actually really liked the one of the necklaces but never bought one - when I noticed it was being promoted anymore I was weary of making a purchase which is why I’m still curious what is going on with it since it’s still up.

8.     +3   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    Basic reverse image search. Looks the same to me
    Screenshot-20240401-204820-Chrome

Screenshot-20240401-204755-Chrome

9.     +4   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    You can reverse search even the towels Screenshot-20240401-205638-Chrome

Screenshot-20240401-205703-Amazon-Shopping

10.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Wow, that's interesting. The towels yes, but I must admit jewelry from Ali Express is as bad as Temu. It will tarnish before the day is over. I would hope her necklaces are better quality than that.

I have not seen her wear her jewelry or even promote it for a very long time. I remember she did a video about what went wrong, but I don't recall a lot about it. I have no interest in going through her videos to find it either.. I'm not that invested in her life lol...

11.     +9   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    Every influencer you follow who launches their “passion product” is basically buying something for cheap on Alibaba and then re-selling it to you for an insane profit. There are YouTube videos and e-courses that teach you how to get rich quick so you too can buy yourself a Porsche with your followers money. You pay a teenager in a third world country a couple bucks to make you a logo, a factory in China will slap it onto the product package for a couple cents extra, and viola you are a business girlie. It’s a no brainer when you have blind followers but they’ll all tell you they were different and took the time to develop their products. That’s code for “I emailed someone in China and asked if the necklace came in rose gold.”

12.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (NormallyAbnormal @ 4/1/2024, 09:13 PM) 
    Every influencer you follow who launches their “passion product” is basically buying something for cheap on Alibaba and then re-selling it to you for an insane profit. There are YouTube videos and e-courses that teach you how to get rich quick so you too can buy yourself a Porsche with your followers money. You pay a teenager in a third world country a couple bucks to make you a logo, a factory in China will slap it onto the product package for a couple cents extra, and viola you are a business girlie. It’s a no brainer when you have blind followers but they’ll all tell you they were different and took the time to develop their products. That’s code for “I emailed someone in China and asked if the necklace came in rose gold.”

lol, so true!

13.     +1   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Window21 @ 2/4/2024, 03:09) 
    Wow, that's interesting. The towels yes, but I must admit jewelry from Ali Express is as bad as Temu. It will tarnish before the day is over. I would hope her necklaces are better quality than that.

I have not seen her wear her jewelry or even promote it for a very long time. I remember she did a video about what went wrong, but I don't recall a lot about it. I have no interest in going through her videos to find it either.. I'm not that invested in her life lol...

Wow. It’s just…why did Ryan have to go to business trips in Asia if he was just getting product from Ali Express??
    In her video she said he traveled to find product and test things etc. He said he was managing manufacturing, making connections etc.
    Also in the video she said the jewelry was Italian jewelry and Ryan met with a guy named Greg who had been in the jewelry business for over 40 years and handles their quality control.

So all of this was a lie?

14.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    📌👀😁

15.     -1   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Gossipfinder @ 4/2/2024, 02:49 AM) 
    Basic reverse image search. Looks the same to me
    Screenshot-20240401-204820-Chrome

Screenshot-20240401-204755-Chrome

Before my brain explodes, is there a way to confirm they are exact? I tried reverse searching pictures from the site and it brings up a ton of similar looking necklaces and a couple of the necklaces didn't pop up (the motherhood pendent, the ember pendent and shield pendent) but I also didn't spend a tone of time trying tbh. The other styles are popular enough that I could give the benefit of the doubt since so many places sell similar styles, but it certainly is interesting.
    I noticed a couple of the necklaces pictured on their site shows their logo stamp on the circle piece on the end of the necklaces. Do pieces from ali express etc allow you to customize them?

This is what their website claims about the jewelry:

"Ember & Ivy jewelry is true gold vermeil made in Italy with a sterling silver core and plated in a thick layer of 14 karat gold measuring 3.0 microns. This is 5-7 times thicker and longer-lasting than regular gold-plated jewelry, and 15 times thicker than flash-plated jewelry.

We believe that long-lasting, high-quality jewelry should be accessible and do not impart the high markups that most jewelry companies do. Our gold vermeil pieces are comparably priced to most other brands’ lower-quality gold-plated jewelry.

GOLD VERMEIL JEWELRY
    Gold vermeil is a premium-quality thick gold plating that is long-lasting yet more affordable than solid gold.
    To be called “vermeil” jewelry must have a 925 sterling silver base metal plated with a 10 karat or higher gold layer that is at least 2.5 microns thick.
    At Ember & Ivy, we plate our jewelry in 3 microns of 14 karat gold to give our pieces even more durability, longevity and shine. All of our gold vermeil jewelry is made in Italy.
    "

If they bought the bought the products from ali express and sold them with that description, isn't that illegal?

208 replies since 2/4/2024, 01:34   36001 views