QUOTE (Meow2 @ 4/14/2024, 04:35 PM) 
    as requested

Thank you so very much.

3.     +4   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    Okay, so where to start? Perhaps an overview?
    Tipper Pressley and her husband Matt run the Celebrating Appalachia channel. It's pretty easy going content - cooking and gardening and things like that - Tipper's Appalachian accent is somewhat strangely very easy to listen to lol. They have twin daughters Corie and Katie who run The Pressley Girl's channel. I really like the description that someone else has given to it, but TPG's is very Jesusy. It's obviously part of CA's beliefs as well, but Tipper is smart enough not to overdo it to avoid alienating people. C and A are very spoilt and indulged - they act like 16 year olds still living at home, but they are 27. The big scandal was that K sinned (lol) and has recently become an unmarried mother to baby Ira. K is also pregnant (with husband Austin) and baby is due in June. C and K are very dependent on their parents still and C + hubby have recently moved back into a separate house in the family compound. Austin doesn't seem to mind C's dependence on her parents - which is kind of odd.
    Tipper is way smarter in the way that she runs the CA channel - the PGs obviously piggy back off it and I think that they take away from it as well - there doesn't seem to be the courtesy of timing of vlogs etc and respecting CA should take precedence but there is no way that Tiper and Matt would ever put their foot down with their very indulged daughters.

4.     +4   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    This family lives about 3 hours from me in NC. Please know my accent is no where near theirs :D While they didn't show a lot about Katie's baby daddy, he was occasionally in the girl's videos and now I truly wonder what happened that he left when she got pregnant?

5.     Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (mycurlsdontlie @ 4/16/2024, 04:31 AM) 
    This family lives about 3 hours from me in NC. Please know my accent is no where near theirs :D While they didn't show a lot about Katie's baby daddy, he was occasionally in the girl's videos and now I truly wonder what happened that he left when she got pregnant?

I have wondered about baby daddy Nick as well. To her credit I only recall one (or possibly two) snarky comments from her along the lines of people not stepping up to do what they should do (clearly referring to him). I do hope that Ira has contact with Nick and his family - whatever the circumstances and whatever has gone on, kids need to know where they come from. I wonder if Katie expected him to 'do the right thing' and marry her when she found out she was pregnant, and he refused?

6.     +1   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    Well things don't seem to be looking good for Granny. Poor Tipper.

7.     +7   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    I've been watching Celebrating Appalachia for a few years now. Tipper also has a blog, Blind Pig and the Acorn.
    I really can't find anything to snark about with this family. Yeah, the girls are 27 and pretty much live with their parents, but Tipper and Matt built a house on Granny and Paps land. Her brothers Steve and Paul lived there too. It's quite common where she's from.
    I like this family and think she runs a top notch channel. Just my opinion.

8.     Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    Oh my word, Katie looks like Cori in the thumbnail! That house is going to be so cute

9.     Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (mycurlsdontlie @ 4/19/2024, 04:59 AM) 
    Oh my word, Katie looks like Cori in the thumbnail! That house is going to be so cute

I actually struggle to tell Corie and Katie apart these days - it was easier before Corie as pregnant because she had a different face shape.

10.     Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    They did find out they were identical. I can sure see it now that Corey's face has filled out.

11.     Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Tiny Dancer @ 4/20/2024, 02:07 AM) 
    They did find out they were identical. I can sure see it now that Corey's face has filled out.

I also have a huge amount of respect for Katie keeping Ira out of the vlogging apart from very occassionally in the background/ not featured (I hope that she doesn't change her mind) - most vlogging channels go down the route of babies in vlogs increasing views and money. I hope that Corie and Austin make the same decision.

12.     Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    I agree. Smart to keep the kids out. It'd be nice if they showed a Pic tho:)

13.     Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    [QUOTE=Tiny Dancer,4/20/2024, 03:51 AM ?t=63020636&st=0#entry465389853]
    I agree. Smart to keep the kids out. It'd be nice if they showed a Pic tho:)
    [/QUOTE
    I kind of agree - that's just my nosiness though lol.

14.     Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    Same here!

15.     Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Tiny Dancer @ 4/20/2024, 06:28 AM) 
    Same here!

Another thing that I like them for is that Katie didn't do an online baby shower - I hate it when influencers/ channels do that kind of grift.

21 replies since 14/4/2024, 15:35   880 views