Group

Status
    Good one Retired Observer

3.     +10   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anxiety in kids needs a very different approach to anxiety in adults. I remember a live after Andrea passed away where somebody asked Tommo if Solly had ADHD. Tommo said he did not. This is the important part.......Tommo continued to talk and he said how Solly would "have to learn to master his flesh......to overcome his proclivities". That was about four years ago.....so Solly was like 6 or 7 years old at that time. He was a little boy.

Little kids do not have the insight or the skills to "master" their "flesh", or "overcome" their "proclivities" on their own. A 6 or 7 years old little boy doesn't have that kinda insight or skills. He is still a very young kid. A kid with a LOT of anxiety needs help. Help is out there and it works. Fact! Leaving a little boy to go it alone, to overcome pretty major anxiety and whatever else was going on.....that is unrealistic and SO unfair.

This is also what I think. I remember when April was there and they were in Diehls shopping on a Thursday evening......Solly could not figure out how much money he had and what he could afford to buy. Remember, this was back in 2020. Almost 4 years ago.....so he was still a very little guy. Back then he was dropping his head and mumbling whenever Tommo talked to him. Then he ran down an aisle and sat on the floor to count his money. Thomas and Judah saw him and went to help him. Thomas sat on the floor by him and helped Solly.

Tommo preached to his live audience about how he can not give Solly extra money just because Solly was sad and did not have enough. Tommo preached how he had to learn about money NOW to stay out of debt for the rest of his life. If he did that now, he would stay debt free. Solly was just a little kid.

Fast forward to now.....and it was the same back then too. If Sophia or Hannah did not have enough money for what they wanted to buy......Tommo gave them more money. He did it back then and he still does it now. He calls it "Daddy's insurance". Back then if Claudia did not have enough money to buy something Tommo preached at her and told her, right there in the store, that she should clock in more often and "do more chores". Claudia was 4 years old when her Momma died. So he was talking like that to a 4 years old little girl.

Think about the differences in how Tommo is with Solly and Claudia.....and how he is with Hannah and Sophia. First few times I saw it I thought....am I imagining this? The differences in how he is with those kids. Now he does it all the time so it is absolutely for real. Its right there in the videos.

Solly could overcome his anxieties IF he had the right help. Asher could also overcome his anxieties IF he had the right help. My heart breaks for Solly. He is so sensitive and so desperate to please his father.

4.     +6   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    marking my spot again and again. When will we get to a happy ending?

5.     +2   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    Great title!

6.     +5   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    A child lacks experience and insight to "manage their proclivities". That's a bunch of nonsense from a man who denies mental health exists. And for a man with so many kids, he sure doesn't understand early childhood development. He probably thinks all that "psychology and brain development" stuff is made up.

It's sad how he treated Solly ad Claudia. Tom finally told Hannah at 6 that he couldn't keep bailing her out. I hope he stuck to it. He was so cold hearted to Solly and Claudia. He always bragged that the kids should be happy to have been brought into the world. Tom missed the point that if you bring them into the world, you should cherish them and guide them. It shouldn't matter if they were born in a hospital, on the floor of a dirty bathroom, or on the side of a cliff.. each and every child should have a close and meaningful relationship with their parent. It shouldn't matter if one "might" have a disability, need glasses, or have an ornery personality.. they should be loved just as much. Otherwise, why keep having more and more kids?

7.     +6   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    Anonymous

This is Asher and the older kids.

8.     +3   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    I haven’t watched them in years, could someone explain how he is making money? Does he still do his IT job or whatever it was? Do all the kids go to public school now? If so don’t they have to see doctors? Also, the oldest girl looks DEPRESSED AS HELL.

9.     +6   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (everwhat @ 24/4/2024, 08:47) 
    I haven’t watched them in years, could someone explain how he is making money? Does he still do his IT job or whatever it was? Do all the kids go to public school now? If so don’t they have to see doctors? Also, the oldest girl looks DEPRESSED AS HELL.

He still does his IT job plus he monetized the videos. Thomas moved out of the house. Asher works for him at the computer business, he claims Judah got a job in construction but near as we can figure he might be some kind of handy man laborer because he always seems to be home and available to watch kids. The only kids still being homeschooled are Sophia, Solomon and Hannah. Justus, Eden and Claudia go to public school now. Not really sure who is teaching the homeschool. Grandma Kitty was but is having a multitude of health issues now and really doesn’t seem able. I sort of think the kids are teaching themselves at this point.

Eden probably looks depressed cause I think she hates Tom and his bs and is ready to get the heck out of there.

10.     +5   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    Nice one, Retired Observer. He sure is a big loser at life. Absolutely heartbreaking that the children were left with him as a role model.

11.     +9   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    If Tom ever manages to find Mrs Mills number 3, does he actually believe his life will be better?

Will he magically have the “time” he has wasted since Andrea died? Yes, he has wasted precious time that could have made a difference in the lives of his children. In 2019, it was predictable that amid the profound loss of his wife, his thoughts would scatter. It has been 5 years, and he has had adequate time to amend the dinner menu, learn the kids sizes and purchase season appropriate clothing. Get it together Tom!

It is his responsibility to care for the children he brought into this world. Instead he has made it his mission to lust after any woman that he believes will make his life easier. How disrespectful to the woman that praised his every move.

If Tom hasn’t figured it out after 5 years, I have doubts he ever will.

12.     +5   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Generation curses
    Andrea was born out of wedlock.
    Andrea never had a relationship with her biological father.
    Andrea's step father was abusive.
    Andrea's step father was convicted of abuse.
    Andrea lived with her grandparents due to her abusive step father.
    Andrea had death to her partner in her 20s.
    Andrea did not have adult mentors most of her childhood.
    Paces were Andrea's emotional supports.

Tom had a brother with severe disabilities and illnesses.
    Tom was emotionally and physically neglected by his parents to an extent due to his brother's condition.
    Tom's father died young.
    Tom's father died suddenly in front of Tom, while at a restaurant.
    Tom's mother had to work to support the family after the death of Tom Sr, resulting in more neglect.
    Tom's step father took over as parenting, once he married Kitty.
    Tom most likely moved after his father died or when Kitty remarried.
    Tom's step father was a pastor, it was his whole income.
    Tom, didn't have adult mentor's as a child.
    Tom's parents were going to move to another state, he felt neglected again by his mother.
    His grandfather stopped paying for his college when he got married.
    Tom's step father kicked him out of the church.
    Tom's step father divorced his mother, moved away and got remarried.

Andrea's and Tom's families did not believe in the importance of personal growth, to learn how to over come obstacles to be the best version of themselves.

Kids who have Adverse Childhood Experiences, want most to be pleasing to their parent, even if their parent is filled only with evil and/or dead. But those who either get enough push back from healthy people or come across someone who inspires them to learn how to be the best version of themselves.

Tom, would rather pretend than he has a girlfriend than do the personal work to better himself so he could actually have a healthy and happy marriage for the first time in his life.

13.     +4   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Thanks for the reply. Did Thomas move out on his own? Good for him. I’m sure that pissed tom off to no end. I’m actually surprised he’s not remarried at this point, he seems like he would take anyone who will have him. Does he ever talk about Andrea?

I was just shocked how depressed Eden looked and her own father is not alarmed at that. If I can see I’m sure he can too. I’m sure she hates living like that, esp now that she goes to public school and sees how the normal kids live

14.     +7   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    everwhat

The Mills children have been isolated from the mainstream America. They watch anime primarily and have had little to no exposure to life. Asher basically runs the household and monitors the homeschooling. Asher also helps Tom out with computer jobs. Tom complains heavily, but depends on his kids to do most everything. Tom insists he has no time to
    Purchase clothing for the kids. Tom has spent the last 5 years relentless pursuing a new wife.

Justus, Eden and Claudia are enrolled in public school. This has given them a degree of normalcy. Justus also is participating in track and works at Diehls. Eden has attended her first homecoming complete with new dress.
    Solly, Sophia and Hannah do Ace homeschool under Asher’s supervision.

Most of the bakers would like to see all the children enrolled in public school. There is a wealth of social skills that can be attained in a school setting.

15.     +6   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (everwhat @ 24/4/2024, 18:44) 
    Thanks for the reply. Did Thomas move out on his own? Good for him. I’m sure that pissed tom off to no end. I’m actually surprised he’s not remarried at this point, he seems like he would take anyone who will have him. Does he ever talk about Andrea?

I was just shocked how depressed Eden looked and her own father is not alarmed at that. If I can see I’m sure he can too. I’m sure she hates living like that, esp now that she goes to public school and sees how the normal kids live

Yes, Thomas moved out on his own. It seemed like there was a lot of friction between he and his dad before he moved out. Very, very shortly after Andrea died Tom was on dating sites looking for a new wife. He even had one prospect come to visit with her children but it quickly went sour because this woman had a mind of her own and didn’t seem to want to just be an Andrea clone. Plus the viewers seemed to spend too much time communicating with her, I think it made him “jelly” as he used to say. He finally sent that woman packing so he could look for a hotter woman

He will say he’s talking to women here and there and there was this one that lasted for months. We all either think she is made up or just using him for money.

He’ll never find a wife because he is completely delusional and thinks he is hot enough to land a young hot wife. When all he is is a dirty, lazy, smelly, opinionated know it all who actually knows nothing.

Yeah he’lll never find a wife

142 replies since 23/4/2024, 22:19   10908 views